COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

16 minutes ago, Painter said:

"From 4 July, Thailand is exempt from the FCO advice against all non-essential international travel. This is based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks.

Time updated
3:10pm, 3 July 2020"

from UK government.  Presumably that means travel insurance will be valid as you aren't travelling against government advice. 

of course, this is only IF you can actually get there...

edit.... however, Thailand does not seem to appear on the uk's quarantine exempt on return list, just published. So, if you can get there, and want to come home, you've still got to isolate when you get back....

Sir quarantine is only for the little people......Just fly in on your private Lear-Jet and there are no restrictions and testing is not needed..You are part of the club.....

4 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Irish death toll closer to 1200 than the 1700 recorded. 

That's because like Lazarus they come back from the dead...when they smell the Guinness in the afternoon...

SU7J7FHQXVG7VEJ3IZLI7RB4TM.jpg

Irish study says Irishmen are drinking too much and beer is too cheap

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/ny-alcohol-ireland-beer-booze-above-national-average-20190828-nrelwci4yfhlzka5nlvoxzqewm-story.html

Edited by lazarus
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, lazarus said:

That's because like Lazarus they come back from the dead...when they smell the Guinness in the afternoon...

SU7J7FHQXVG7VEJ3IZLI7RB4TM.jpg

Irish study says Irishmen are drinking too much and beer is too cheap

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/ny-alcohol-ireland-beer-booze-above-national-average-20190828-nrelwci4yfhlzka5nlvoxzqewm-story.html

Too cheap? Author of this article has clearly never visited Dublin. 

🤣

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Painter said:

"From 4 July, Thailand is exempt from the FCO advice against all non-essential international travel. This is based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks.

Time updated

from UK government.  Presumably that means travel insurance will be valid as you aren't travelling against government advice. 

edit.... however, Thailand does not seem to appear on the uk's quarantine exempt on return list, just published. So, if you can get there, and want to come home, you've still got to isolate when you get back....

But would insurance policies cover Covid 19 and any hospitalisation in foreign countries I wonder. Possibly it would, if you took out a year long policy before this shite started, but that would depend on the policy and what it covered when purchased, but I very much doubt that any policy bought now would cover it. 

3 hours ago, Painter said:

Time updated

I find it ludicrous that UK don't have Thailand on the quarantine exempt list, bearing mind the number of new infections and deaths in Thailand, compared to say Spain (15 deaths today) and Italy, (17 deaths today).

Also Dubai, or more correctly UAE, with no deaths reported today and only 317 in total.

I have a couple of mates living in Dubai who were planning to come back on July 10th, but obviously won't now.

While I'm a Tory through and through, the government's handling of the whole travel/quarantine issue throughout this entire lockdown has been worse than pathetic. It's an utter shambles and while I loathe that little ginger haired woman north of the border she was quite right today to call the UK government's handling of this issue shambolic. The Welsh first minister said exactly the same.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, KhunDon said:

But would insurance policies cover Covid 19 and any hospitalisation in foreign countries I wonder. Possibly it would, if you took out a year long policy before this shite started, but that would depend on the policy and what it covered when purchased, but I very much doubt that any policy bought now would cover it. 

Several insurers now covering Corona Virus on their policies without massive price hikes.

image.png

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/cheap-travel-insurance/#annual

Edited by KWA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Just went and got my barnet cut, seen the local spoons was pretty full, though staff wearing the visors etc. 

Was great to see the place back buzzing, people sitting outside drinking at eating at pubs and cafes.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just goes to prove the younger generation don't give a shit. I hope I'm wrong by a million miles but a second wave or spike is inevitable. The sooner I'm out of the UK the better and that includes visiting Sweden. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

4 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Just read the Donald's favourite Covid cure all Hydrocychlorowhatever has proved as useful as snake oil in treating Covid.

Guess its back to the old bleach and Domestos ......

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/04/who-says-trials-show-malaria-and-hiv-drugs-dont-cut-covid-19-hospital-deaths

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study

Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows

Wow some people are horrible. A video was just posted from Halifax in Eastern Canada, where a dispute over a car lineup led to someone swinging the other driver’s puppy from its leash like a hammer throw, using it to hit the owner. Insane

794DE8CF-C161-47A6-81ED-9986D6912E95.jpeg