COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Come next month in the UK when employers have to start paying some, even just NI and tax i think for the first month, it's going be carnage. 

Currently the Government are paying money for jobs that aren't there anymore. 

They need to change their approach to creating jobs, not paying for ones that are already gone. 

• Like 3

People got what most of them applauded for ... "stay home to save lives" ....

Decisions taken under political pressure, with a short term view, and little thought for the long term consequences.

Same as the trillions of new debt .... will be paid back in taxes by the future generation.

But hey, for the media, drama sells ! And that's what their purpose is. Selling adds, by having you glued at your screens. Not reporting objective information, that doesn't make money !

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Krapow said:

Come next month in the UK when employers have to start paying some, even just NI and tax i think for the first month, it's going be carnage. 

They need to change their approach to creating jobs, not paying for ones that are already gone. 

Sheep scared and masked up, People getting desperate, economy destroyed, food shortages,cashless society, and forced vaccine on the way....(Excellent)....Sounds like everything is going according to plan then......

image.jpeg

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, thumper63 said:

I agree. It's going to be interesting between now and next January 

Yup, those beach pics coupled with the pub/bar openings, looks a lot like the early Texas & Florida openings. Even California which took a slower approach. 

Open smart my UK friends.

Edited by Kathmandu
  • Like 2

Wonder how many of them will ______________ (fill-in COVID possibilities)?

775 (South African) Schools hit by Covid-19: 1169 teachers, 523 students infected

https://briefly.co.za/69617-775-schools-hit-by-covid-19-1169-teachers-523-students-infected.html?utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3MEImm7KWQz0duObgsgf9rJzmmR4BRofIFvKzn10E8yLTH3lfjLuWB9fs

...In a statement issued in response to the outcry, the department said it has had a good run thus far considering the circumstances:

"The Department of Basic Education has successfully opened schools in a new unfamiliar environment. It is an environment with contradictions where as a country we are facing rising records of infections whilst the advice from health experts and advisors is that as a country we need to live side by side with the virus." ...

7 hours ago, fforest said:

Sheep scared and masked up, People getting desperate, economy destroyed, food shortages,cashless society, and forced vaccine on the way....(Excellent)....Sounds like everything is going according to plan then......

image.jpeg

Don't have to wear a mask where I live.

I'm not getting desperate, nor is anyone I know.

Economy is not destroyed. Indeed BOE said the other day it won't be anywhere near as bad as they thought. 

No food shortages here.

I can use cash wherever I want here

The vaccine, if there is one, will not be forced. I've already offered you a wager about this weeks ago. 

In short, 'The Plan' as no doubt laid out by other nutters on your nutter websites, is just that, nuts!

FB_IMG_1588691506329.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

Don't have to wear a mask where I live.

I'm not getting desperate, nor is anyone I know.

Economy is not destroyed. Indeed BOE said the other day it won't be anywhere near as bad as they thought. 

No food shortages here.

I can use cash wherever I want here

The vaccine, if there is one, will not be forced. I've already offered you a wager about this weeks ago. 

In short, 'The Plan' as no doubt laid out by other nutters on your nutter websites, is just that, nuts!

FB_IMG_1588691506329.jpg

Spot on, much the same in my corner of North London.

Took advantage of the barbers being open to get the haircut this morning- feel at least a kilo lighter as a result😁.  Paid in cash, but no need to wear a mask, the staff though were in full PPE in gear- but those are the guidelines.

Was chatting to the landlady of the local Wetherspoons  pub has been pretty quiet, commented how sensible people had been.  No sign of panic or sheep- the natives would have them cooked, skewered and kebabed  on sight😉

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Krapow said:

It's happening already in every industry. The amount of my contacts on LinkedIn who have lost their jobs over the past month is scary.

• Sad 1

We were given letters announcing redundancies last Friday. All us warehouse and transport staff are ok, it's more Supervisor level and upwards,factory staff plus admin staff. 

Dont know how many but the owners laid off 150 staff just after they bought the company 2 years ago. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, fygjam said:

and still managed to clock up over half a million dead and rising.

The death toll is unclear. 

For example the Irish govt has said the death toll there is now around 1200 and not the 1700 recorded. 

That's because when the outbreak began they were registering most deaths as covid. 

I wonder how many countries have done the same. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Asymptomatic spreading is the most worrying

People who have the virus but with no symptoms, therefore feeling safe to mix with others if they have not been tested.

They may be lucky, but their parents/family and friends might be less fortunate. 

If people just had a dry cough then would have been no lockdowns.  As it was millions of people were either hospitalised and many more died as a result of C19.

If large portions of the public continue to go on as if nothing has happened then it's only a matter of time before a second spike.

Some countries including USA are still going through the first spike with rising numbers even though their leader insists it will go away by magic and that 99 percent of those infected will not have symptoms

When people start to believe these things, the virus will continue to spread and  many more will die unnecessarily.

Thank Christ the UK acted as early as it did , although not quick enough or we would still be in total lockdown today.

The idea of culling the elderly and sick but doing nothing has not been appealing to the majority of world leaders in favour of their economies.

I am still alive and grateful for it.  Many are not or could even have s decent burial. 

Instead of thinking how hard done by we are, we should celebrate the fact that we are now much lower in cases here in UK and far less daily deaths. The economy will grow again over time.  But the whole world has suffered  financially. 

None off us beging for food on the street . We are the lucky ones in the West.

Britain survived two world wars. We can survive Covid 19 and in a much shorter time frame hopefully. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

The death toll is unclear. 

For example the Irish govt has said the death toll there is now around 1200 and not the 1700 recorded. 

That's because when the outbreak began they were registering most deaths as covid. 

I wonder how many countries have done the same. 

Really?

image.png

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

Edited by fygjam

34 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Yes, really. 

The results from the HIQA analysis published today of excess mortality during the Covid-19 pandemic produced what will appear to many people to be a surprising result.

Effectively, it concludes that we have overestimated the death toll directly attributed to Covid-19 by 637 people.

When one considers that the total deaths attributable to the virus during the period of the HIQA analysis was 1,709, it's an overestimation of quite a very large amount.

The implication then is that the official daily figure which was 1,709 may overstate the actual excess deaths due to Covid-19 by 59.4%.

There are a few reasons why that surprising outcome may have occurred.

The first is that since the middle of April, Ireland is one of the very few countries in Europe that has included suspected or probable Covid-19 deaths in our overall totals alongside deaths confirmed to have been caused by Covid-19.

Perhaps many of those probable and suspected cases may not have the virus in the first place.

A second, which is referred to in the report is that - since we know that the vast majority of those who have died from Covid-19 also suffered from a range of serious underlying conditions, including heart disease and cancer - it may be that the actual cause of death in some such cases was the underlying condition rather than the coronavirus itself.

https://www.rte.ie/news/health/2020/0703/1151127-virus-report/

6 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Yes, really. 

The results from the HIQA analysis published today of excess mortality during the Covid-19 pandemic produced what will appear to many people to be a surprising result.

Effectively, it concludes that we have overestimated the death toll directly attributed to Covid-19 by 637 people.

When one considers that the total deaths attributable to the virus during the period of the HIQA analysis was 1,709, it's an overestimation of quite a very large amount.

The implication then is that the official daily figure which was 1,709 may overstate the actual excess deaths due to Covid-19 by 59.4%.

There are a few reasons why that surprising outcome may have occurred.

The first is that since the middle of April, Ireland is one of the very few countries in Europe that has included suspected or probable Covid-19 deaths in our overall totals alongside deaths confirmed to have been caused by Covid-19.

Perhaps many of those probable and suspected cases may not have the virus in the first place.

A second, which is referred to in the report is that - since we know that the vast majority of those who have died from Covid-19 also suffered from a range of serious underlying conditions, including heart disease and cancer - it may be that the actual cause of death in some such cases was the underlying condition rather than the coronavirus itself.

https://www.rte.ie/news/health/2020/0703/1151127-virus-report/

And yet the government's website says 1742 dead (up by one).

11 minutes ago, fygjam said:

And yet the government's website says 1742 dead (up by one).

Well they obviously haven't updated it have they. Here's what the PM said... 

“In Ireland we counted all deaths, in all settings, suspected cases even when no lab test was done, and included people with underlying terminal illnesses who died with Covid but not of it.”

Varadkar added that this was the “right approach but skewed the numbers”, saying the priority was “to save lives, not look good in league tables”.

The number of Covid-19 deaths confirmed by the Department of Health every day are deaths “related to” the virus and other factors may have played a role in the person’s death. You can read exactly how Covid-19 deaths are counted in Ireland here. 

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-19-deaths-ireland-hiqa-5140490-Jul2020/

Facts don't care about your feelings. 

27 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Well they obviously haven't updated it have they. Here's what the PM said... 

“In Ireland we counted all deaths, in all settings, suspected cases even when no lab test was done, and included people with underlying terminal illnesses who died with Covid but not of it.”

Varadkar added that this was the “right approach but skewed the numbers”, saying the priority was “to save lives, not look good in league tables”.

The number of Covid-19 deaths confirmed by the Department of Health every day are deaths “related to” the virus and other factors may have played a role in the person’s death. You can read exactly how Covid-19 deaths are counted in Ireland here. 

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-19-deaths-ireland-hiqa-5140490-Jul2020/

Facts don't care about your feelings. 

Note to self. Never trust an Irish accountant.

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

I am Irish and i find that comment offensive.

But are you an accountant?

I'm a quarter Irish so please adjust your indignation accordingly.

This is an example of the bogus argument being pushed by some people trying to downplay the effects of Covid-19 to suit their own agenda. They're trying to say that as a person would probably have died from other causes (statistically), the fact that his or her lungs were flooded due to Covid-19 should not determine the cause of death.

Or the wealthy Irish uncle with a history of coronary disease who collapsed into his chair clutching his chest and the greedy nephew who picked up his shillelagh and caved his skull in. They would say his only crime was impatience.

Or in Western Australia where last year there were 80 deaths attributed to seasonal influenza however this year, although we are halfway through the influenza season there haven't been any deaths because of Covid-19 measures. They'd be claiming that Covid-19 actually saves lives.

Maths don't lie be they sure help obfuscate.

Edited by fygjam