COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

22 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Bus drivers, train and subway staff put their lives at risk so that the public can enjoy the freedom mobility. 

FFS, "put their live at risk" ...... mate, it's not like they're driving in Syria or Iraq...

Hell, the waitress that served my meal at lunch today put her live at risk also ?

It's time all this nonsense thinking stops.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

FFS, "put their live at risk" ...... mate, it's not like they're driving in Syria or Iraq...

Hell, the waitress that served my meal at lunch today put her live at risk also ?

It's time all this nonsense thinking stops.

Clearly the driver who was attacked did

Station staff are regularly abused for asking people to wear masks which are mandatory on public transport. 

Anyone who is front line, including transport workers, health workers, police etc  are more at risk than most of us. Day after day. 

I am sure you have your personal views, just as I do.

I am grateful for the fact that I was able to stay home and self isolate, whilst others put themselves at risk to keep the country going. 

I don't take much for granted these days and I live in a large capital city of nearly 9 million people, not a sleepy holiday resort. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just one image from the USA...

The COVID-19 unit has had to expand across an entire hospital wing and onto another floor. Beds have filled with younger patients. Long lines are snaking around the urgent-care building, and people are passing out in the 110-degree heat. At some hospitals, labs are so inundated that it takes several days to get test results back. “We thought we could have scaled down instead of scaling up,” Popescu said. “But because of poor political decisions that every public-health person I know disagreed with, everything that could go wrong did go wrong.”

Read:
The Pandemic Experts Are Not Okay
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/07/pandemic-experts-are-not-okay/613879/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=atlantic-daily-newsletter&utm_content=20200710&silverid=MzQ1ODAyOTY3ODM2S0

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Just one image from the USA...

The COVID-19 unit has had to expand across an entire hospital wing and onto another floor. Beds have filled with younger patients. Long lines are snaking around the urgent-care building, and people are passing out in the 110-degree heat. At some hospitals, labs are so inundated that it takes several days to get test results back. “We thought we could have scaled down instead of scaling up,” Popescu said. “But because of poor political decisions that every public-health person I know disagreed with, everything that could go wrong did go wrong.”

Read:
The Pandemic Experts Are Not Okay
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/07/pandemic-experts-are-not-okay/613879/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=atlantic-daily-newsletter&utm_content=20200710&silverid=MzQ1ODAyOTY3ODM2S0

Deaths incoming, better Hold Fast

Not a good time to be behind bars in the USA...

Hundreds of thousands of cases traced to clusters

Coronavirus outbreaks have been traced to funerals, fast food restaurants, cruise ships and Navy vessels. But most of the biggest known clusters have been in nursing homes, food processing plants and correctional facilities, all places where people are packed in close quarters with little opportunity for social distancing.

Coronavirus cases have been reported in more than 14,000 nursing homes and other long-term care facilities, according to data collected by The New York Times from states, counties, the federal government and facilities themselves. More than 295,000 residents and employees have been infected in those homes, and more than 55,000 have died. That means more than 40 percent of deaths from the virus in the United States have been tied to nursing homes and other long-term care facilities.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

Capture.JPG

I call the Wuhan Virus paranoia total bullshit ( masks , social distancing , etc. ) ... in the USA ( I think - in 2018 ) there were over 80,000 deaths caused by the common flu .... and there are multiple vaccinations available for the flu .. so, tell me what will change with a Wuhan virus vaccination ?

Say whatever you want to say ...

And you fuckers make me angry with your petty .. and I mean FUCKING petty bullshit cheap shots at Trump ....

Did Trump cause the Wuhan virus pandemic .... ?  No ... so, why the bullshit attacks ....

f**k me ... Boris .. your most esteemed leader of the UK .. caught the fucking disease .. and what did he take to get better ... ?   LOL

I see no attacks against the fucking idiot Boris ....

An bunch of petty fuckers ....

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I call the Wuhan Virus paranoia total bullshit ( masks , social distancing , etc. ) ... in the USA ( I think - in 2018 ) there were over 80,000 deaths caused by the common flu .... and there are multiple vaccinations available for the flu .. so, tell me what will change with a Wuhan virus vaccination ?

Say whatever you want to say ...

And you fuckers make me angry with your petty .. and I mean FUCKING petty bullshit cheap shots at Trump ....

Did Trump cause the Wuhan virus pandemic .... ?  No ... so, why the bullshit attacks ....

f**k me ... Boris .. your most esteemed leader of the UK .. caught the fucking disease .. and what did he take to get better ... ?   LOL

I see no attacks against the fucking idiot Boris ....

Here in the UK most of us think Boris is an idiot but he's an amiable idiot. Guy you could sit and have a beer, and a laugh with, but not the man to run a country.

Think he doesn't get attacked caused people feel he's fundamentally decent, albeit a clown🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Lemondropkid said:

Here in the UK most of us think Boris is an idiot but he's an amiable idiot. Guy you could sit and have a beer, and a laugh with, but not the man to run a country.

Think he doesn't get attacked caused people feel he's fundamentally decent, albeit a clown🙂

Yea .. I was not attacking Boris as a person or as man .... for sure ...

I was just trying to make a point ... all of this drivel political insinuations gets old really fucking old against Trump ...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

And just where in the hell did I or Lazarus attack Trump code? No fucking way man. 

33 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea .. I was not attacking Boris as a person or as man .... for sure ...

I was just trying to make a point ... all of this drivel political insinuations gets old really fucking old against Trump ...

i agree with you entirely Code...Trump virtually alone ,other than Oz and NZ called the border closure(the biggest,only  single source of the virus) right from the outset...its a shame he didnt do it for all countries including the EU  instead of just China from the outset.Remember Bidens response at that time ...called him xenophobic and racist...dopy Joe

By the time he banned EU  it was already too late

Edited by Ivan the terrible
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thumper63 said:

And just where in the hell did I or Lazarus attack Trump code? No fucking way man. 

I wasn't. It's a big step for Trump to show that he will wear a mask.

Most epidemiologists say that is about the only way the US will get control of the COVID pandemic is for all people wear masks when away from their homes near other people...to stop the spread.

Believe it, or not...at one's own peril. I would rather wear a mask and be mistaken, then to not and be infected.  Or worse, have contracted the disease and be asymptomatic, and go on to infect another who may die due to my inaction.

There's a point where civic responsibility overrides personal choice or political conviction.

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, lazarus said:

I wasn't. It's a big step for Trump to show that he will wear a mask.

Most epidemiologists say that is about the only way the US will get control of the COVID pandemic is for all people wear masks when away from their homes near other people...to stop the spread.

Believe it, or not...at one's own peril. I would rather wear a mask and be mistaken, then to not, and be infected.  Or worse, have contracted the disease and be asymptomatic, and go on to infect another who may die due to my inaction.

There's a point where civic responsibility overrides personal choice or political conviction.

Jeez.... I have read every one of your posts about the Wuhan Virus .... such pathetic drivel .. I understand your health problems .. but, WTF ?  Stand up and live your life without any fear !

Are you alive or dead ... keep doing what you believe in ..

But for me .. I don't live with a paranoia molecule in my body .. so bring it on ... what is gonna happen will happen ...  and I am not going to be confined or inhibited by the way I want to live ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2