COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/1953592/hundreds-rally-for-democracy

Several hundred people led by a group called Free Youth gathered on Saturday near the Democracy Monument in Bangkok to call for the dissolution of the House and a rewrite of the constitution.

The rally was staged to press three demands: dissolution of the House, a rewrite of the constitution and an end to official and judicial harassment of those critical of the government.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-18/thousands-in-bangkok-rally-against-thai-government

Several thousand anti-government protesters rallied in Thailand's capital on Saturday to call for a new constitution, new elections and an end to repressive laws.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/world/2020/07/18/scuffles-and-song-as-thai-youth-protest-in-bangkok/

Scuffles broke out as thousands of mainly young and black-clad Thai protesters converged on Saturday at Bangkok’s Democracy Monument, in the city’s rowdiest anti-government protest in years.

Thailand, a kingdom whose rambunctious politics is defined by coups and often deadly street protests, is facing an unprecedented economic shock due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

With the economy in freefall, anger against a government stacked with elderly former generals and supporters of the royalist establishment is bubbling.

The crowd sang vitriolic anti-government rap songs and waved placards denouncing the administration of former army chief Prayut Chan-O-Cha — and calling for the abolition of the Thailand’s strict royal defamation law.

This is all over FB. My girl is 20, her friends and shed load of the younger family members have been sharing pics all day. Mrs smiler and her generation don't seem to be arsed....

These protesters are brave IMHO, wonder if they will make a difference??

Just seen BT Sport advertising live boxing back next weekend.

Although nothing special, it's big Joe Joyce, quite well known in UK heavyweight boxing. Will be strange/interesting with no crowd. I'll give it a watch anyway. It's another step I suppose ...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Doomed, I tell you guys, you're doomed .....

Not if one is smart, humble and watches out for their own.

Just don't get caught up in your own shit.  Stinks like the rest...

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 9:08 PM, dcfc2007 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53443724

First Ireland admitted its covid death toll was grossly over inflated, now we are finding out that the same is likely true of England, people who have been saying this all along were dismissed as conspiracy theorist nut jobs.

How many other countries have a grossly inflated death toll! Scandalous, people have been lied to, frightened, made jobless and bankrupted. This is one of the biggest scandals in human history. 

Here is a follow up to that story... interesting points being made.

cheers

https://unherd.com/thepost/oxford-epidemiologists-suppression-strategy-is-not-viable/

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

There are two kinds of covid wackjobs. 

Those that deny the virus even exists, and those that behave like its the zombie apocalypse. 

I'm in the middle. 

I know it's a threat to all of us, so take precautions like wearing a mask at work or in shops, or if I'm around a lot of people. 

But I don't live my life in fear. 

• Like 3

If these 25% less deaths are verified. Would that make a difference to the way it has been reacted to and dealt with?

These are accounting and data gathering errors as opposed to governments deliberately hiking up the number of deaths as a result of Covid 19 and they would still be high in number. 

It also makes little difference to the nature of the virus and how it spreads. 

On the other hand, the UK govt in pariculary made errors by undercounting the number of elderly who died in Care Homes as a result of contracting the virus through workers.

I think that due to the speed and verosity of this nova virus, everyone got caught out and there have been lots of inadequacies from being unprepared having not dealt with a Pandemic of this proportion in over a Century.

16 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

If these 25% less deaths are verified. Would that make a difference to the way it has been reacted to and dealt with?

These are accounting and data gathering errors as opposed to governments deliberately hiking up the number of deaths as a result of Covid 19 and they would still be high in number. 

On the other hand, the UK govt in pariculary made errors by undercounting the number of elderly who died in Care Homes as a result of contracting the virus through workers.

I think that due to the speed and verosity of this nova virus, everyone got caught out and there have been lots of inadequacies from being unprepared having not dealt with a Pandemic of this proportion in over a Century.

Some folks are looking for just anything they can grab to downplay the seriousness of the C-19 pandemic. 

About the only thing that might sway them is a loved one or friend who contracts it and has serious health complications (or dies).

33 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Yes it would. We now have more and more data to support the fact that COVID-19 is nowhere near the threat it was initially thought to be. The lies, deceit, dishonesty and cover up is only fuelling the fire of conspiracy theorists. 

37 minutes ago, galenkia said:

I'm in the middle. 

I know it's a threat to all of us, so take precautions like wearing a mask at work or in shops, or if I'm around a lot of people. 

But I don't live my life in fear. 

I don't think it's a threat to all of us. I think it's a threat to the elderly and those with serious disabilities. When I'm around those people I take precautions, other than that, I won't be changing a single thing. I don't wear a mask, I don't socially distances, it's not a threat to the vast majority of people. Behaving like it's the end of the world is destroying the economy, bankrupting businesses and costing jobs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, dcfc2007 said:

Yes it would. We now have more and more data to support the fact that COVID-19 is nowhere near the threat it was initially thought to be. The lies, deceit, dishonesty and cover up is only fuelling the fire of conspiracy theorists. 

But makes No difference. 

It is a dangerous global pandemic.

You say deceit and dishonesty, which is part of the whole conspiracy theory, but that is an opinion and not a fact. 

The ways in which some have been counted has been a gross error, but whether that was intentional or not is another matter.

People are still being infected in many countries and people continue to die.

Should those who died as a direct result of C19 be ignored?

Just now, dcfc2007 said:

I don't think it's a threat to all of us. I think it's a threat to the elderly and those with serious disabilities. When I'm around those people I take precautions, other than that, I won't be changing a single thing. I don't wear a mask, I don't socially distances, it's not a threat to the vast majority of people. Behaving like it's the end of the world is destroying the economy, bankrupting businesses and costing jobs. 

Yes, the elderly and those with health problems are the highest risk, but a hell of a lot of people outside that group have died. 

If people were sensible and not all paranoid about some new world order and 7 foot lizards, then we could get back to normal. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Some folks are looking for just anything they can grab to downplay the seriousness of the C-19 pandemic. 

About the only thing that might sway them is a loved one or friend who contracts it and has serious health complications (or dies).

I do not think anyone is downplaying the seriousness of CV19.... I think that everyone just want honesty and openness from the ones in charge and from what is starting to come to the fore now with questions being asked.... they have not delivered it.

People have no problem doing things asked if all the information is being given to them...and on the performances from some authorities.... this has not been forth coming.

cheers 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Yes, the elderly and those with health problems are the highest risk, but a hell of a lot of people outside that group have died. 

If people were sensible and not all paranoid about some new world order and 7 foot lizards, then we could get back to normal. 

I had one of those green bastards hanging around in the garden this morning

I set my dog on him and he left

231661074.jpg

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

But makes No difference. 

It is a dangerous global pandemic.

You say deceit and dishonesty, which is part of the whole conspiracy theory, but that is an opinion and not a fact. 

The ways in which some have been counted has been a gross error, but whether that was intentional or not is another matter.

People are still being infected in many countries and people continue to die.

Should those who died as a direct result of C19 be ignored?

It does make a difference.

Example....Australians were told there would be 150,000 deaths from CV19 straight up .... even before the authorities had a full handle on the virus... and when questioned  why some things were being put in place...the stock answer was.. we will have 150,000deaths from it....... not "maybe".... but ..."will".  To date, Australia has had 122 deaths

All decisions were made on that "magic" number... even when it became evident that the virus would not hit as hard as they predicted.... they held forth and did not adapt to the situation at hand.

No ....  the people who have died from CV19 should not be ignored.... and they have not. Saying that....the people who are alive should not be ignored ....and they were/are...especially those who have illness that need on going treatment...those that need operations.... they were ignored because the authorities would not waver from the 150,000 magic number and that the only concern they had was CV19.

To some...it seemed that the ones who had health problems that would not be treated...... even those already in treatment and needed follow up treatment ... those that required operations which were all put on hold were nothing more than collateral damage to the authorities. Medical authorities say that deaths from other untreated illness which were/are on hold will be higher than the deaths related to CV19.

So yes.... it does make a difference.

cheers

Edited by roobob

7 minutes ago, roobob said:

It does make a difference.

Example....Australians were told there would be 150,000 deaths from CV19 straight up .... even before the authorities had a full handle on the virus... and when questioned  why some things were being put in place...the stock answer was.. we will have 150,000deaths from it....... not "maybe".... but ..."will".  To date, Australia has had 122 deaths

All decisions were made on that "magic" number... even when it became evident that the virus would not hit as hard as they predicted.... they held forth and did not adapt to the situation at hand.

No ....  the people who have died from CV19 should not be ignored.... and they have not. Saying that....the people who are alive should not be ignored ....and they were/are...especially those who have illness that need on going treatment...those that need operations.... they were ignored because the authorities would not waver from the 150,000 magic number and that the only concern they had was CV19.

To some...it seemed that the ones who had health problems that would not be treated...... even those already in treatment and needed follow up treatment ... those that required operations which were all put on hold were nothing more than collateral damage to the authorities. Medical authorities say that deaths from other untreated illness which were/are on hold will be higher than the deaths related to CV19.

So yes.... it does make a difference.

cheers

A difference to what?  I think the Australians were told that there could be up to X amount of deaths. Same in many other countries. Where more caution has been taken, the number of cases and deaths have dropped.

What effect of those misjudgements will be now?

Should people in places like USA, Brazil and India, just say f*ck.it, no one is going to die or less people than predicted may die.

It makes little difference only to those who believe that governments were deliberately lying and another excuse to ignore the virus as just a flu. But they would do that anyway.

There are still tons of unknowns about the virus. When the world saw the number of deaths in Wuhan, there was bound to be a reaction. 

Maybe it will please the hoaxer/conspiracy/globalist theorists

But it will not suddenly change the course of actions around the world which differ in all countries but perhaps give places like USA an excuse to reduce their number of deaths?