grayray

17 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

If the MASKS work,
WHY 6 feet?

If the 6 feet works,
WHY the Masks?

Why both ?

I think it's often either or

If you are walking along the street and not wearing a mask then it's advisable to keep a distance from others

If in a shop or where it is less easy to keep a distance then masks are required. 

I am sure some people do both and feel safer, whilst others may not.

In UK it is not compulsory to wear a mask everywhere. 

Shops and public transport are the main places where it's now compulsory

25 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

In London there are some real signs of things getting back to how they were

Certainly a lot of people are behaving that way, which worries me. We will have an upsurge in cases soon, just as Spain, France and Germany are experiencing.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Certainly a lot of people are behaving that way, which worries me. We will have an upsurge in cases soon, just as Spain, France and Germany are experiencing.

The states in that US that "opened up" before meeting C-19 reduction benchmarks are the ones now seeing the most cases.
Much of the new transmission is traced back to bars, restaurants, family gatherings, large group gatherings, and lack of PPE.
The US is basically f*cked.

9 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Absolutely. There is always the danger of people being too complacent.  There is no way that at this point in time, imagine that we are completely in the clear. Like yourself, I have observed  many people who don't seem to care about themselves and I have to say that in the main it has been the younger generation.

40 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I went to a pub in Bromley with some friends on Friday night. 

We got there early just before 7. Before lockdown it was a very busy place and nowhere to sit quite often. 

We walked in and got a table straight away and downloaded their app to order drinks which came in 5 minutes. Plenty of people in the beer garden. By about 9pm it was full and felt completely normal.  I noticed that by that time that there were a few queuing at the entrance as they were obviously doing a head count of occupancy and those leaving. 

In my local area, nearly all of the pubs are open but without going inside, hard to know how busy they were. Restaurants are open, most of them and yesterday night I drove through town centre. Lot of traffic and felt like normal

Things are picking up, more people going back into work, DIY stores open, garages, shops, almost everything except for Nightclubs and Cinemas.

In London there are some real signs of things getting back to how they were

I have not been to the West end but I am sure that will be much quieter than before with absence of tourists at what is normally a busy time. I bet many of the West End businesses have felt the pinch and the overheads are expensive in Westminster

Me and a mate are due to pay the balance of the music weekend in Great Yarmouth soon that is in early November. At the moment we don't know what to do. Either pay it and hope it happens or lose the £70 deposit. You don't know if they will survive if venues are still gonna stay shut. 

8 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Me and a mate are due to pay the balance of the music weekend in Great Yarmouth soon that is in early November. At the moment we don't know what to do. Either pay it and hope it happens or lose the £70 deposit. You don't know if they will survive if venues are still gonna stay shut. 

Yes, that's true. Of course then you stand to lose all the money.

At the moment all music gigs and events are off limits for public gatherings.  Anything can happen in the next few months but hopefully, fingers crossed you will still able to go. 

Massage Parlours are still closed too, or at least meant to be.

Mind you they will be the very last places to open 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

At the moment all music gigs and events are off limits for public gatherings.  Anything can happen in the next few months but hopefully, fingers crossed you will still able to go. 

It's about £350 for the 4 days VIP access so it's a lot to lose if they go bankrupt. 

Personally I can't see music venues, and this is standing only so no distancing, opening this year. 

Will wait a bit to see what happens. 

32 minutes ago, galenkia said:

If it is in early November, I assume it will be indoors. Doesn't that in itself make it less likely to happen?

3 minutes ago, Bazle said:

If it is in early November, I assume it will be indoors. Doesn't that in itself make it less likely to happen?

Yes, so why I might just Swallow on the deposit. 

And it's pretty rammed as well. 

Be a gutter as last year was brilliant. 

10 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Some folks will do anything for their 15 seconds of infamy.
The couple are now banned from Walmart for a year...
story: https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Couple-wearing-Nazi-flag-masks-at-Walmart-filmed-15436208.php

When you are born into this world you get a ticket to the freak show and when you are born in America you get a front row seat. GC

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Massage parlours all open around here.....

3 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

You lucky bastard, where are you?😃

My buddy was up in Seattle last month during the Capitol Hill takeover (CHUD).

He said he would walk by the C-19 "closed" Asian massage shops and as he passed, doors would open slightly and women would beckon him to come in.

😎

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I have just read that a pet cat in Glasgow has tested positive for Covid 19. 

That's all we need

I suspect that all cats will have to be put down to eliminate the spread back to humans.  Never been fond of cats much anyway😃

One in Surrey too!

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

I have just read that a pet cat in Glasgow has tested positive for Covid 19. 

That's all we need

I suspect that all cats will have to be put down to eliminate the spread back to humans.  Never been fond of cats much anyway😃

Not in the USA anytime soon...2nd Amendment & all...

8279e3b5115c55b0925cf78eabb74e2b--snipers-funny-things.jpg

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

If the MASKS work,
WHY 6 feet?

If the 6 feet works,
WHY the Masks?

Why both ?

See, this is what living in the boonies does to a man.

There is no mandate where I live. 6 feet = a mask. 

A mask =less than 6 feet. 

There is a no both. Where did you come up with this nonsense? That's the more troubling question. Hope you don't vote. 🙂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bazle said:

But this time we'll be a lot more prepared, more PPE available, better treatment options known, less chance of hospitals overflowing etc which were prime reasons for the clampdowns before.  If all that has changed we shouldn't need another lockdown surely?

41 minutes ago, KWA said:

But this time we'll be a lot more prepared, more PPE available, better treatment options known, less chance of hospitals overflowing etc which were prime reasons for the clampdowns before.  If all that has changed we shouldn't need another lockdown surely?

More likely to be localised rather than national, but lockdown all the same.