COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

17 minutes ago, Bazle said:

More likely to be localised rather than national, but lockdown all the same.

Which is fine, with much less disruption and economic issues.

We should be doing that now though, but instead the UK still has lots of rules and restrictions in place and we're just taking too long to get things moving.

3 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

See, this is what living in the boonies does to a man.

There is no mandate where I live. 6 feet = a mask. 

A mask =less than 6 feet. 

There is a no both. Where did you come up with this nonsense? That's the more troubling question. Hope you don't vote. 🙂

Thank you for the critique .. very insightful !

Interesting article about border closures in Australia. This concerns the border closure challenge by a WA businessman and homeowner  Clive Palmer for being denied entry to WA. It is apparent that there is no love lost between the WA Premier, Mark McGowan and Palmer.....but  Palmer may have a good case to asks the questions for refusal of entry. It  will be eventually decided in the High Court.

The comment by McGowan when asked if WA loses the case follows.....and comes across as a Premier who got a lot more power than he had before due to CV19 and seems reluctant to give it up. His quote here....and the link for the article below that.

"If we don't win the High Court action and it breaks out here, then we'll have to put in all the suppression measures across Western Australia," he said.

This could potentially include a return to earlier restrictions including tight limits on the number of people allowed to gather together, or even some form of lockdown.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/why-is-clive-palmer-trying-to-tear-down-wa-s-coronavirus-border-with-the-rest-of-australia/ar-BB17fBUU?ocid=msedgdhp

cheers

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

When they say "New Deaths", what period are they referring to?

Check the linked website. They aggregate US data from various sources. 
I've read that "deaths" are averaging averaging over 1000/day lately.
Hard to know the accuracy now that T & the White House is running the data releases.

Looks like they've ramped up the testing...only 300 million to go!

Mask up, baby! The "don" is watching.

109317925_10157699247091275_3462521247744187449_n.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1

Reading about anti Semitic abuse on the BBC

My Dad as an Northern Irish Catholic volunteered to fight against this shit, joined the British Army and saw active service in WWII. 

Have to have hand this to a BBC journalist calling out all this vile nonsense that somehow seems to have become the acceptable form of  bigotry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53560502

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Reading about anti Semitic abuse on the BBC

My Dad as an Northern Irish Catholic volunteered to fight against this shit, joined the British Army and saw active service in WWII. 

Have to have hand this to a BBC journalist calling out all this vile nonsense that somehow seems to have become the acceptable form of  bigotry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53560502

Black people can't be racist. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

My point was about no single race, just how Jew hating seems to have become the the acceptable form of bigotry- well until several days later peoples twitter accounts get shut down.

I was taking the piss. 

🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

My point was about no single race, just how Jew hating seems to have become the the acceptable form of bigotry- well until several days later peoples twitter accounts get shut down.

Easy target .... time and time again over the centuries ... especially see it these days with the dumb as fcuk conspiracy theorists talking about Soros or the Rothschilds 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

52 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Check the linked website. They aggregate US data from various sources. 
I've read that "deaths" are averaging averaging over 1000/day lately.

It is the linked website I'm asking about! There is a column headed "New Deaths", but I can't see that they say over what period - day, week, month. It's pretty meaningless without that info.

5 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Easy target .... time and time again over the centuries ... especially see it these days with the dumb as fcuk conspiracy theorists talking about Soros or the Rothschilds 

Yes, but we ignore the main reason why anti-semitism is on the rise in Europe, because of Islam. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/longform/anti-semitism-in-europe/%3famp=true

Von Schnurbein was appointed in 2015 after three mass shootings in Europe put the problem of anti-Semitism in stark relief. Each was committed by Muslim extremists born and raised in Europe, claiming allegiance to al-Qaeda or ISIS. The first, at a Jewish school in Toulouse, France, in 2012, killed three children and a rabbi. Then in 2014, a gunman killed four people at the Jewish Museum in Brussels. In Paris the following year, four people were killed at a kosher supermarket in the French capital.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Yep the anti Jewish thing has been going back centuries. Remember being forced to read the Merchant of Venice at school as a 15 year old- how could that be possible relevant to modern life?

Seeing the Rothschild shit rolled out again is just plain depressing.

As Comrade Marx said "History repeats itself the first time as tragedy then as farce"

• Thumbs Up 1

Really , does this kind of people really exist ? 

Where they come up with those mad ideas ....

Not speaking about invoking God, the Devil etc.....

Americans.....😆😆😆😆😆😆

FFS, she should have been thrown in a psycho ward immediately....

Sorry, can't find the original version, hence the subtitles.

9 hours ago, Bazle said:

6 hours ago, Bazle said:

It is the linked website I'm asking about! There is a column headed "New Deaths", but I can't see that they say over what period - day, week, month. It's pretty meaningless without that info.

Daily.

Although if you check the following graph you'll notice that people don't die over the weekends in the US.

image.png

Hence the 7 day rolling average is a better indication.

image.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/