COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

24 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Boris to give Press briefing at 12 noon!

Just seen him saying trials for fans at the football has been put back, I know's there's more important things but I will never get to a game this year😂 

1 hour ago, JPK said:

Just seen him saying trials for fans at the football has been put back, I know's there's more important things but I will never get to a game this year😂 

Ach sure, you can sing your anti Proddy sectarian songs in the Celtic Pubs! 

Stop it will ya, fat timothy will be outraged, he doesn't like that sorta thing 😄

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Ach sure, you can sing your anti Proddy sectarian songs in the Celtic Pubs! 

Stop it will ya, fat timothy will be outraged, he doesn't like that sorta thing 😄

I've not been in a Celtic pub in years, I hate most pubs that have groups of football fans in them, i can't be arsed being around them because I get wound up too easy with them😀  I know i'm carrying about a bit of covid weight but Im hardly fat 😀 

Just now, JPK said:

I've not been in a Celtic pub in years, I hate most pubs that have groups of football fans in them, i can't be arsed being around them because I get wound up too easy with them😀  I know i'm carrying about a bit of covid weight but Im hardly fat 😀 

I agree, i used to do the bus and boat to Ibrox, no way now, even the London supporters Club bus, no, can't be doing with, 8 hours of drunken bigotry 😄

Naw, was the other Timothy, the fatbhoy, i was talking about, he got upset at a 'joke' i made, then the next day Namps made quite a few 'Orange' jokes, but he wasn't upset at that. Then he got more upset when i pointed that out to him 😄  I think he's now left in disgust at me saying 'Kafflicks' 😬

Anyway, aye, Coronavirus, load of bollocks, had worse colds ffs :default_527:

• Haha 1

Hey...they're just kids, right?

The Coronavirus Infected Hundreds at a Georgia (US) Summer Camp

The camp took precautions but did not require campers to wear masks, the C.D.C. reported. Singing and cheering may have helped spread the virus.

As schools and universities plan for the new academic year, and administrators grapple with complex questions about how to keep young people safe, a new report about a coronavirus outbreak at a sleepaway camp in Georgia provides fresh reasons for concern.

The camp implemented several precautionary measures against the virus, but stopped short of requiring campers to wear masks. The virus blazed through the community of about 600 campers and counselors, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported on Friday.

The staff and counselors gathered at the overnight camp in late June. Within a week of the camp orientation, a teenage counselor developed chills and went home.

The camp, which the C.D.C. did not name, started sending campers home the next day, and shut down a few days later. By then, 76 percent of the 344 campers and staffers whose test results were available to C.D.C. researchers had been infected with the virus — nearly half the camp.

The study is notable because few outbreaks in schools or child care settings have been described to date, said Caitlin Rivers, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health...

Of the 344 campers and staff for whom test results were available, 260 tested positive. Of children ages 6 to 10, over half were infected; 44 percent of those ages 11 to 17 were infected, as were one-third of those ages 18 to 21. Only seven staffers were older than 22, and two of them tested positive.

Those who had been at the camp longest had the highest rate of infection; overall, more than half of the staff, who had arrived before the campers, were infected.

Additional cases may have been missed, because the researchers did not have access to data about 253 other campers and staff...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/31/health/coronavirus-children-camp.html?action=click&algo=top_conversion&block=trending_recirc&fellback=false&imp_id=150138671&impression_id=0275a833-d40d-11ea-9037-af4083d880c2&index=7&pgtype=Article&region=footer&req_id=357561075&surface=most-popular

It's not rocket science. 

They've identified it's being passed mostly in those areas by extended families in and out of eachothers houses, many Muslim, and it's Eid where extended families are even more in and out of eachother's homes. 

So they've tried to curtail that and not go full lockdown due to the damage that causes. 

They've also identified similar in parts of London in Orthodox Jewish areas, and are doing loads more testing. If they get more evidence, they'll order similar. 

• Like 1

I went to Sainsburys earlier. 

Only about half of the customers were wearing face coverings and the lazy security c*nt near the entrance didn't give a shit even though every 15 minutes a message came over the Tannoy asking customers wear face coverings. 

No point in the Govt issuing the statement if it's not enforced even by major stores . 

• Sad 2

Not to many masks being worn in the deep South of Thailand where I live ....

I was in CJ's ( a store like Tesco ) last week .. forgot my mask .. walked into the place .. no temperature monitor standing at the door , no questions, no dirty looks and there were many other people in the place with no masks ....

There were red tape strips on the floor by the check out counters for social distancing that were totally ignored ...

I have not heard of 1 case of the Wuhan virus down this way ....

So .. I don't know ...

35 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Not to many masks being worn in the deep South of Thailand where I live ....

I was in CJ's ( a store like Tesco ) last week .. forgot my mask .. walked into the place .. no temperature monitor standing at the door , no questions, no dirty looks and there were many other people in the place with no masks ....

There were red tape strips on the floor by the check out counters for social distancing that were totally ignored ...

I have not heard of 1 case of the Wuhan virus down this way ....

So .. I don't know ...

You're lucky to live where you do...it spreading like wildfire in the US. Gloom and doom summer.

U.S. Added 1.9 Million Cases in July, More Than Double Any Other Month

"...The virus is picking up dangerous speed in much of the Midwest — and in states from Mississippi to Florida to California that thought they had already seen the worst of it.

Gone is any sense that the country may soon get ahold of the pandemic. The seven-day average for daily new infections has hovered around 65,000 for the past two weeks, more than doubling the peak average from the spring, when the country experienced what was essentially its first wave.

...Across the country, deaths from the virus continued to rise after a steep drop from the mid-April peaks of about 2,200 a day. At the start of July, the average death toll was about 500 per day. Over the last week, it has averaged more than 1,000 daily, with many of those concentrated in Sun Belt states..."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/01/world/coronavirus-covid-19.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Was reading yesterday that the UK infection rate had increased 50% last week over the week before, and it was mainly young people who are more likely to ignore social distancing. 

Melbourne going back into full lockdown.

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has announced 671 new cases of COVID-19 and seven
deaths along with new stage four restrictions.

He said a state of disaster has been declared from 6pm tonight in addition to the state of
emergency.

Metropolitan Melbourne has been put under a curfew from 8pm tonight. This will run from
8pm to 5am every day.

“The only reason to be out of your home between the hours of 8pm and 5am is to get care,
to give care, or to go to and from work or be at work. We can no longer have people visiting
others. We can no longer have people simply out and about for no good reason whatsoever,”
Mr Andrews said.

And one reason

Younger people make up more than half of Victoria's coronavirus cases, chief health officer Dr Brett Sutton confirmed today.

"Young people, 15 to 40 years of age, make up over 50 per cent of our total cases. Something
like 53 per cent," he said.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Was reading yesterday that the UK infection rate had increased 50% last week over the week before, and it was mainly young people who are more likely to ignore social distancing. 

Yep. Johnson now talking about clampdowns. Pubs could start closing again, social indoor gatherings banned and possible return of self isolation for over 50s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

Melbourne going back into full lockdown.

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has announced 671 new cases of COVID-19 and seven
deaths along with new stage four restrictions.

He said a state of disaster has been declared from 6pm tonight in addition to the state of
emergency.

Metropolitan Melbourne has been put under a curfew from 8pm tonight. This will run from
8pm to 5am every day.

“The only reason to be out of your home between the hours of 8pm and 5am is to get care,
to give care, or to go to and from work or be at work. We can no longer have people visiting
others. We can no longer have people simply out and about for no good reason whatsoever,”
Mr Andrews said.

And one reason

Younger people make up more than half of Victoria's coronavirus cases, chief health officer Dr Brett Sutton confirmed today.

"Young people, 15 to 40 years of age, make up over 50 per cent of our total cases. Something
like 53 per cent," he said.

I live in Melbourne and as far as I am concerned they should have done this a week ago. They should increase the fines and draft police in from interstae to help. There are to many stupid and selfish people in this city who apparently are happy to stay in lockdown to Christmas as long as their not inconvenienced.

Edited by andycoll
Speĺing
  • Like 2

"...deaths in the United States could be well into the multiple hundreds of thousands."

A set of recommendations from the doctors:

The Way Forward on COVID-19: A Road Map to Reset the Nation’s Approach to the Pandemic includes 11 evidence-based actions — both immediate and long-term — set forth as a comprehensive, coordinated plan based on AAMC experts’ understanding of the pandemic as doctors, scientists, and medical educators, as well as the work the AAMC has done to help its member medical schools, teaching hospitals, and health systems respond to the pandemic on the front lines.

Preamble

In the six months since the novel coronavirus came to the United States, nearly 150,000 people have died and more than four million have been confirmed to be infected with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. It has preyed on the most vulnerable in our nation (including older people, people with underlying medical conditions, people of color, people experiencing homelessness, people who are incarcerated, people with low incomes, and others). It also strikes and kills children, young adults, and people in the prime of life with no underlying conditions, and leaves some with long-term, lingering symptoms. Perhaps most troubling is its ability to spread asymptomatically through some individuals. This seeming randomness and unpredictability is stoking fear, confusion, mistrust, and division about the way forward.

Despite working together as a nation to “flatten the curve,” the United States is experiencing troubling new waves of infection. Instead of declining, the numbers of new cases, hospitalizations, and deaths, especially among vulnerable groups and communities of color, are growing rapidly. Particularly worrisome are the increases in infections among people in their 20s and 30s, who play a pivotal role in spreading the virus to older and other vulnerable populations. If the nation does not change its course — and soon — deaths in the United States could be well into the multiple hundreds of thousands.

Decisive, coordinated action is urgently needed to save lives, end the pandemic, restore America’s economy, and return our lives to normalcy. It is critical that the United States takes a united approach to the pandemic.

The AAMC (Association of American Medical Colleges) offers the following road map to reset the nation’s approach to the pandemic. The AAMC has as its members all 155 accredited medical schools in the United States and 17 in Canada, more than 400 teaching hospitals and health systems, and more than 70 academic societies. Collectively known as “academic medicine,” these institutions and their leaders, physicians, scientists, health care teams, learners, and staff have been among the many health care professionals on the frontlines of the pandemic, caring for patients, testing for the virus, developing effective treatment protocols, and researching possible vaccines. As one of the key sources of innovation in the nation’s health care system, academic medicine is critical to ensuring that this battle will be won. But to succeed, we must act together and now.

This plan focuses on a set of immediate, evidence-based, commonsense actions the AAMC believes is essential to contain the virus and end the pandemic by addressing critical shortages, improving and broadening testing, reducing the virus’s spread, reopening schools safely, expanding health insurance coverage, and prioritizing distribution of the vaccine. It also identifies longer-term actions that must be taken to protect and strengthen public health, reduce health disparities, and improve the overall health of our nation and its people.

Physicians and scientists from America and across the globe have cured polio and most childhood cancers and infections. We have reduced deaths from heart disease and stroke and developed better treatments for diabetes and kidney failure. We routinely transplant organs and cells, use robots for surgery, remove brain tumors with minimally invasive procedures, and perform surgery on babies while they are still in the womb.

We are up to this challenge, and so is our nation if we — our elected officials, doctors and scientists, public health experts, the private and public sectors, communities, families, and each of us as individuals — work together at the national, state, and local levels.

Here is our road map to reset the nation’s response to COVID-19...

https://www.aamc.org/covidroadmap/roadmap

My workplace is introducing mandatory wearing of masks tomorrow. Only 4 months too late. 🙄

On day shift I am the only one who has worn one from the beginning. I went home and said I would not be back until they supplied PPE. There was no social distancing either. Then they supplied masks and gloves. 

Also introducing temperature tests when you arrive. 

No coincidence that the big chief arrived from Australia the other day then. Probably thought we were taking precautions but has seen the sites were not. 

Sounds like the Chinese sent out superspreaders to the majority of the western world, the superpowers and bothersome Europeans. At the same time they sent out uninfected Chinese to countries friendly or not seen as a threat so as to mask their ingenious plan for world domination. Those countries inexplicably have low rates of infection.

Of course the world, even though not happy with China, would need their products and help. For years China has been buying up swathes of land for livestock, they have been buying up Africa, they have invested in all continents and have ownership of 95 percent of all the world's rare earth metals.

Sounds like a good plan for world denomination and moving the world order at a faster pace than would otherwise been possible.

Of course this is just another conspiracy theory lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Sounds like the Chinese sent out superspreaders to the majority of the western world, the superpowers and bothersome Europeans. At the same time they sent out uninfected Chinese to countries friendly or not seen as a threat so as to mask their ingenious plan for world domination. Those countries inexplicably have low rates of infection.

Of course the world, even though not happy with China, would need their products and help. For years China has been buying up swathes of land for livestock, they have been buying up Africa, they have invested in all continents and have ownership of 95 percent of all the world's rare earth metals.

Sounds like a good plan for world denomination and moving the world order at a faster pace than would otherwise been possible.

Of course this is just another conspiracy theory lol.

Has fforest hacked your login?. 😀

• Haha 3