COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

5 hours ago, fforest said:

Is this what school kids are going to have to wear in America?

Schools are going back in Europe just now, some places already back like Germany, none have to wear anything like that.

Or are you just posting more absolute garbage?

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

Is this what school kids are going to have to wear in America?

Schools are going back in Europe just now, some places already back like Germany, none have to wear anything like that.

Or are you just posting more absolute garbage?

I think so ... 

The paranoia of this wuhan virus has turned way to political ...

Yea, we all want our kids safe .... for sure ...

In BKK ,, I have a place that is about 100 yards from a temple ... I can see it from my terrace ... with a pretty big school .. I see kids going to and leaving school everyday .. they have no masks on ... except when they walk into 7/11 ... I am not sure if they are required to wear masks in the classroom ...

They are outside on skate boards .. their bikes .. just having fun .. which always puts a smile on my face ...

We have an Olympic style swimming pool where I live ... they give swimming classes to the kids ... none of them are wearing masks

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/4/2020 at 11:11 AM, fygjam said:

About a month ago unless you're saying the USA in an undeveloped country.

BLM protesters given 5pm curfew by Met police

The curfew and other lockdown measures in MELBOURNE were deemed necessary because selfish fuking kunts didn't think social distancing applied to them, didn't think a need for wearing masks when out in public applied to them, didn't think that if feeling unwell to isolate until tested applied to them, didn't think that if tested positive to isolate applied to them.

MELBOURNE is experiencing the most severe form of lockdown because of selfish kunts who questioned (and disobeyed) the measures necessary to control a virus.

Case numbers were rising and people were dying but that doesn't bother selfish kunts!

You left one out in your rant..... the Victorian Govt...... they stuffed up big time also as they were in charge/control of the quarantine procedures/venue/staff allocation when an outbreak occurred there due to their inept handling of the situation.

A perfect example of how a lockdown did not work..... in this case it created more cases of the virus.... and another example where State Premiers should not be in control as they continue on their power hunger roles..... it should all come under the banner of one control point..... the PM.

cheers  

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I think so ... 

The paranoia of this wuhan virus has turned way to political ...

Yea, we all want our kids safe .... for sure ...

In BKK ,, I have a place that is about 100 yards from a temple ... I can see it from my terrace ... with a pretty big school .. I see kids going to and leaving school everyday .. they have no masks on ... except when they walk into 7/11 ... I am not sure if they are required to wear masks in the classroom ...

They are outside on skate boards .. their bikes .. just having fun .. which always puts a smile on my face ...

We have an Olympic style swimming pool where I live ... they give swimming classes to the kids ... none of them are wearing masks

Is there any Covid-19 infections in Bangkok?

There is in the US. A lot. Everywhere.

260 kids and teens infected with COVID-19 at Georgia sleepaway camp

https://www.livescience.com/summer-camp-covid-19-outbreak.html

"Campers were not required to wear masks."

Some students are testing positive for COVID-19 as schools reopen. Here’s where

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article244740672.html

"Schools in at least four states recently have reported students who went back to school getting sick from the coronavirus. Many of the campuses — in Georgia, Indiana, Mississippi and North Carolina — asked children who may have been exposed to the disease to stay home."

Georgia second grader tests positive for coronavirus after first day of school, forcing class to quarantine

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-georgia-second-grader-covid-19-positive-test/

...The day after school resumed, one school announced a second grader tested positive for the coronavirus, forcing the child's teacher and classmates to be sent home to quarantine for two weeks, CBS affiliate WGCL-TV reports.

Edited by lazarus

43 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Is there any Covid-19 infections in Bangkok?

Yea, I think there were about 50 or so people have died ( I am sure they had other health complications ) ... I  am not certain on the 50 number though  .. I never watch Thai TV or read any other forums ..

Not one case mentioned or I know about in the deep South  ... and Beach gal is pretty informed ...

Yea, we all want our children safe .. Beach gal and I love Ziggy to death ..

But,  I tend to trust what I see .. not what is there to read ..

2 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea, I think there were about 50 or so people have died ... I  am not certain on the 50 number though  .. I never watch Thai TV or read any other forums ..

Not one case mentioned or I know about in the deep South  ... and Beach gal is pretty informed ...

Yea, we all want our children safe .. Beach gal and I love Ziggy to death ..

But,  I tend to trust what I see .. not what is there to read ..

I trust what I see & my gut.

I see a lot of people acting carefully to  not contract COVID-19.

My gut tells me to keep my child safe.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea Bro .. I am the same way .. fucking kill me or take my life .. but, leave my daughter alone

The thing about COVID is it is different everywhere.

Maybe no community transmissions. Until there is. Vietnam is seeing this right now.

They were in the clear then boom!

You're lucky your family is down south...

2 hours ago, roobob said:

You left one out in your rant..... the Victorian Govt...... they stuffed up big time also as they were in charge/control of the quarantine procedures/venue/staff allocation when an outbreak occurred there due to their inept handling of the situation.

A perfect example of how a lockdown did not work..... in this case it created more cases of the virus.... and another example where State Premiers should not be in control as they continue on their power hunger roles..... it should all come under the banner of one control point..... the PM.

cheers  

Snott Moronson is the idiot who tried to force WA to open the borders.

If he'd been listened to, instead of Western Australians enjoying the pubs being open, the clubs being open, the restaurants being open, workplaces being open, schools being open, the stadiums being open and no community transmission since April we'd be heading back into lockdown like Victoria, NSW, Queensland.

Fuk off Snotty!

Mark McGowan, 96% approval rating for his handling to the pandemic.

• Sad 1

One of this forum’s favourites toiling with it.

Things are not good right now': Jordan Peterson battling COVID-19, U.K. paper reports

'He'll get better, but he's definitely taken a step back and it's just really unfortunate ... it's been a disaster,' Peterson's daughter told the Sun

Jordan Peterson in March 2018. Craig Robertson/Postmedia/File

The controversial Canadian psychologist Jordan Peterson has contracted COVID-19, his daughter told the Sun, a tabloid newspaper in the United Kingdom.

“He’ll get better, but he’s definitely taken a step back and it’s just really unfortunate … it’s been a disaster,” Mikhaila Peterson told the newspaper.

Jordan Peterson, who skyrocketed to prominence over his protests regarding Bill C-16, which added gender identity to Canada’s human rights and Criminal Codes. He has long been a prominent speaker on YouTube, the bestselling author of the self-help book 12 Rules for Life and has been published extensively in the National Post.

Peterson dropped from public life earlier this year, travelling to Russia to seek treatment for reliance on benzodiazepines, a class of prescription drugs used commonly to treat anxiety and insomnia; the most common brands are Valium, Ativan and Xanax. Mikhaila Peterson had said he was using them to treat an autoimmune disorder and anxiety.

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

Things are not good right now': Jordan Peterson battling COVID-19, U.K. paper reports

'He'll get better, but he's definitely taken a step back and it's just really unfortunate ... it's been a disaster,' Peterson's daughter told the Sun

The controversial Canadian psychologist Jordan Peterson has contracted COVID-19, his daughter told the Sun, a tabloid newspaper in the United Kingdom.

“He’ll get better, but he’s definitely taken a step back and it’s just really unfortunate … it’s been a disaster,” Mikhaila Peterson told the newspaper.

Jordan Peterson, who skyrocketed to prominence over his protests regarding Bill C-16, which added gender identity to Canada’s human rights and Criminal Codes. He has long been a prominent speaker on YouTube, the bestselling author of the self-help book 12 Rules for Life and has been published extensively in the National Post.

Peterson dropped from public life earlier this year, travelling to Russia to seek treatment for reliance on benzodiazepines, a class of prescription drugs used commonly to treat anxiety and insomnia; the most common brands are Valium, Ativan and Xanax. Mikhaila Peterson had said he was using them to treat an autoimmune disorder and anxiety.

I have watched everything ( I think ) on you tube with Jordan Peterson .. a unique perspective ...  I like

Also VDH .. Victor David Hanson .. another unique guy .. a great brain ...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Krapow said:

Is this confirmed he has Covid .???............ I like him and dislike him equally. Highly intelligent but arrogant .............. talks brilliantly and talks shit.

But I really really like Canadians great sense of humour but he seems like an uptight prick .......... read his books. They're OK not as revelatory as people think. Lobsters etc but yeah ......enjoy listening to him.

30 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Is this confirmed he has Covid .???............ I like him and dislike him equally. Highly intelligent but arrogant .............. talks brilliantly and talks shit.

But I really really like Canadians great sense of humour but he seems like an uptight prick .......... read his books. They're OK not as revelatory as people think. Lobsters etc but yeah ......enjoy listening to him.

Yea, I agree ..

The last time I heard about his health ... the fake news .. so who knows?  But, I heard he was recovering from his addiction to some pills ... I will be damned if I can remember what pills .. I also read a story about his daughter talking about his recovery ...

Him having the Wuhan Virus -- I have no idea

17 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^^^   Not certain if I believe anything this guy says ...

Problem with all "government experts" is that the political aspect prevails over the technical (medical) one .....

Not to speak that they have their political carrier to take care off as well, and that is for them sure more important than Joe's or Tim's health !

23 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Problem with all "government experts" is that the political aspect prevails over the technical (medical) one .....

Not to speak that they have their political carrier to take care off as well, and that is for them sure more important than Joe's or Tim's health !

Fauci has worked under 6 US presidents ...from both political parties.

He is the most respected and widely published epidemiologist in the US.

Right now he is the only one in the US government speaking "truth to power" during the Trump's COVID-19 debacle.

He is 79 years old. Still working hard for public health while most folks his age (still alive) are sipping little umbrella drinks on a beach somewhere.

. . .

Dr. Anthony Fauci says chance of coronavirus vaccine being highly effective is ‘not great’

PUBLISHED FRI, AUG 7 2020

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/07/coronavirus-vaccine-dr-fauci-says-chances-of-it-being-highly-effective-is-not-great.html

• White House coronavirus advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci that the chances of scientists creating a highly effective vaccine — one that provides 98% or more guaranteed protection — for the virus are slim.
  • Scientists are hoping for a coronavirus vaccine that is at least 75% effective, but 50% or 60% effective would be acceptable, too, he said.
  • The FDA has said it would authorize a coronavirus vaccine so long as it is safe and at least 50% effective. 

...On Friday, Fauci reiterated that he is “cautiously optimistic” scientists will find a safe and effective vaccine. He also reiterated that the coronavirus may never be eliminated, but world leaders can work together to bring the virus down to “low levels.”

Some of Fauci’s comments have been at odds with President Donald Trump, who has repeatedly said the virus would “disappear.”

Trump, who is seeking reelection, said Thursday that it’s possible the United States could have a safe and effective vaccine for the coronavirus before the upcoming presidential election on Nov. 3.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1