COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

38 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^^^   Not certain if I believe anything this guy says ...

It would appear that a far greater percentage of the population of the USA believe what he says ( thank goodness) rather than the misguided ramblings of Trump who could do well to accept some expert psychiatric help.

I know it is a "generalization" but Trump has politicized Covoid19 to the point where the wearing of face masks etc, etc  is something Democrats do as if Republicans are somehow immune from contracting Covid19. This epidemic may have started in some place in China nobody ever heard of but the wave of the increase in positive cases in the USA is IMHO totally down to Trump's stupidity.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Problem with all "government experts" is that the political aspect prevails over the technical (medical) one .....

Not to speak that they have their political carrier to take care off as well, and that is for them sure more important than Joe's or Tim's health !

Perhaps you'd believe this non-government expert. Some people do.

• Haha 3

^^^ But, he has certainly changed his position more than a couple of times ... not cool ...  being the expert but flip flopping ... that is all I am saying

I am not blaming the guy .... but, he knew about the potential of the Wuhan Virus for many years ( I will never call it covid 19 ) .. better to keep your mouth shut and opinions to yourself until you have more facts .... and who could have predicted this .. as well as all governments response ....

This f**k blatantly put the "fear" into people with his flip flop positions ....

1 hour ago, fforest said:

I read somewhere .. I am certain I read .. but, I don't remember where ...

That the US government were reimbursing ( or giving money to ) all hospitals and local governments for all reported Wuhan Virus deaths ...

I read last week a guy got shot in the head in Florida and the local authorities reported it as a Wuhan Virus death ...

Sorry, I have never believed the death stats on the Wuhan Virus

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, fygjam said:

Perhaps you'd believe this non-government expert. Some people do.

I really don't understand with a lot of you guys why you always try to bust Trumps balls all of the time ... anyone of you try to get into office and do better ..

I could do the same to Boris ( and your f***d up Brexit ) .. Macron, Merkel , Erodigan .. the list is to long ...

But NO .. I never do .. I stay quiet and show respect ..

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

It would appear that a far greater percentage of the population of the USA believe what he says ( thank goodness) rather than the misguided ramblings of Trump who could do well to accept some expert psychiatric help.

I know it is a "generalization" but Trump has politicized Covoid19 to the point where the wearing of face masks etc, etc  is something Democrats do as if Republicans are somehow immune from contracting Covid19. This epidemic may have started in some place in China nobody ever heard of but the wave of the increase in positive cases in the USA is IMHO totally down to Trump's stupidity.

So you are blaming Trump ?   I thought you were smarter than this ...

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

image.png

37 minutes ago, fygjam said:

image.png

^^^^ Yea. like I believe that stats also .... the New York Times .. a laughing stock .... and only 1300 respondents .. a joke

Makes me sad what this news paper has turned into .... and I read it about every morning growing up in Brooklyn ...

4 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^^ Yea. like I believe that stats also .... the New York Times .. a laughing stock .... and only 1300 respondents .. a joke

So, provide your figures that everybody believes that Trump is doing a great job and Fauci peddles demon sperm and alien DNA.

You have absolutely no credibility if you just whinge at everything you don't like.

15 minutes ago, fygjam said:

So, provide your figures that everybody believes that Trump is doing a great job and Fauci peddles demon sperm and alien DNA.

You have absolutely no credibility if you just whinge at everything you don't like.

Why should I provide figures?  I will whinge at what I believe is bullshit ...

You don't like it .. then don't read and stay quiet .. and be a man  .. everyone has an opinion .. respect it .. or just get on down the road ...

Your a prick ...

15 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Why should I provide figures?  I will whinge at what I believe is bullshit ...

You don't like it .. then don't read and stay quiet .. and be a man  .. everyone has an opinion .. respect it .. or just get on down the road ...

Your a prick ...

You quoted me.

If you don't like what I post, take your own advice and don't read it.

No need to respond.

I won't get down to the personal abuse which seems to be the SOP of the Trumnpettes these days.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fygjam said:

You quoted me.

If you don't like what I post, take your own advice and don't read it.

No need to respond.

I won't get down to the personal abuse which seems to be the SOP of the Trumnpettes these days.

Jeez .. the Trumpettes .. seems you have TDS ...

More bs yak ...

No -- I did not quote you ... what dream are you living in ?

12 minutes ago, fygjam said:

I feel for your suffering, Trump Disillusionment Syndrome.

You don't feel shit ..... " I feel for your suffering " ...

What ?   More BS from you

And it is not called "Disillusionment" ... it is called "derangement" .. at least, get it right ...

26 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

You don't feel shit ..... " I feel for your suffering " ...

What ?   More BS from you

That Trump Disappointment Syndrome must really burn.

You thought you were getting a Tom Brady but you ended up with Ryan Leaf.

Tell me, do two "Thighlands" make a Lapland?

5 hours ago, lazarus said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/07/coronavirus-vaccine-dr-fauci-says-chances-of-it-being-highly-effective-is-not-great.html

• White House coronavirus advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci that the chances of scientists creating a highly effective vaccine — one that provides 98% or more guaranteed protection — for the virus are slim.
  • Scientists are hoping for a coronavirus vaccine that is at least 75% effective, but 50% or 60% effective would be acceptable, too, he said.
  • The FDA has said it would authorize a coronavirus vaccine so long as it is safe and at least 50% effective. 

I'm not an anti-vaxxer but, if a vaccine comes along which is only 50% effective, I'm not too sure I will take it.

It seems likely that such a vaccine will not have been tested to the extent vaccines usually are, and it might be a vax which has been developed along unconventional lines.

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Jeez .. the Trumpettes .. seems you have TDS ...

More bs yak ...

No -- I did not quote you ... what dream are you living in ?

Not taking sides in this, but just saying you might want to have a look back at post #5734 and and note who quoted whom. 🍻

image.png

Just now, Bazle said:

I'm not an anti-vaxxer but, if a vaccine comes along which is only 50% effective, I'm not too sure I will take it.

It seems likely that such a vaccine will not have been tested to the extent vaccines usually are, and it might be a vax which has been developed along unconventional lines.

Good point. The rush for a vaccine will likely cut corners. Fauci is being a realist about this. He is also very familiar with the COVID strains.

One advantage to a vaccine is that it might help lessen symptoms, or keep them to a minimum. The annual flu vaccine is designed to do this.

Combining this effect with better care options (e.g., meds, treatments) might be considered progress (for some).

24 minutes ago, Bazle said:

19 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Good point. The rush for a vaccine will likely cut corners. Fauci is being a realist about this. He is also very familiar with the COVID strains.

One advantage to a vaccine is that it might help lessen symptoms, or keep them to a minimum. The annual flu vaccine is designed to do this.

Combining this effect with better care options (e.g., meds, treatments) might be considered progress (for some).

image.png

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/effectiveness-studies.htm

Development and Licensure of Vaccines to Prevent COVID-19

Guidance for Industry

https://www.fda.gov/regulatory-information/search-fda-guidance-documents/development-and-licensure-vaccines-prevent-covid-19

Edited by fygjam
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Oh .. I am quoting the NY Times stats but since Fugifuck posted them I am quoting his facts ...

Now, I understand !

It's always amusing catching up with lots of these threads on a weekend whilst enjoying a coffee or two!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It's always amusing catching up with lots of these threads on a weekend whilst enjoying a coffee or two!

Yea Bro .. they get really funny at times ... lol ...

I mean no offense to anyone .... if some have soft skin .. their problem not mine

• Like 1