COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 minute ago, fygjam said:

I don't know when it's on.

Provide the High Court calendar showing when the case will be heard.

Still don't want to give the facts about the Crossroads hotel I see.

When you google about the Warden and his mates Kerry and Twiggy.... look up the High Court case coming up.... you might be surprised with what the Warden will have to provide.....555 

So I take it that you are in agreeance what is going on in WA.... good to see.

cheers 

2 minutes ago, roobob said:

When you google about the Warden and his mates Kerry and Twiggy.... look up the High Court case coming up.... you might be surprised with what the Warden will have to provide.....555 

So I take it that you are in agreeance what is going on in WA.... good to see.

cheers 

So you can't back up your claim about the High Court case. Nothing new then.

I agree that the WA state borders should be controlled until there is no community transmission in ANY state of Australia.

Why don't you want to talk about the Crossroads hotel?

16 minutes ago, fygjam said:

So you can't back up your claim about the High Court case. Nothing new then.

I agree that the WA state borders should be controlled until there is no community transmission in ANY state of Australia.

Why don't you want to talk about the Crossroads hotel?

If you think that there is no High Court case in October... so be it..... it has been in the news ...especially the WA News.

Now the Crossroads hotel.... what  city....state are we talking about??? and how long was it???

Again.... glad to see that you are in agreeance with my above post..... good to keep an open mind... instead of a google infested one. 

cheers

1 minute ago, roobob said:

If you think that there is no High Court case in October... so be it..... it has been in the news ...especially the WA News.

Now the Crossroads hotel.... what  city....state are we talking about??? and how long was it???

Again.... glad to see that you are in agreeance with my above post..... good to keep an open mind... instead of a google infested one. 

cheers

No, it is you who his claiming that the High Court case relating to the WA border restrictions will be heard in October and are trying to associate the proposed dates of the further easing of restrictions in WA with that hearing.

Now I know that the High Court is sitting in October, they are also sitting in September and November. There was some press speculation that the case might get to the High Court in October.

Now I get it, silly me. You believe that all press speculations are official announcements. Like how many people might die from Covid-19, the SMH speculates, you run around saying it's the government policy.

That would be the Crossroads hotel in NSW. Where a single infectious person infected a heap of people both directly and indirectly, caused the closure of a number on businesses, causing outbreaks around Sydney. The cause of the the current border closures to people from NSW.

3 hours ago, fygjam said:

No, it is you who his claiming that the High Court case relating to the WA border restrictions will be heard in October and are trying to associate the proposed dates of the further easing of restrictions in WA with that hearing.

Now I know that the High Court is sitting in October, they are also sitting in September and November. There was some press speculation that the case might get to the High Court in October.

Now I get it, silly me. You believe that all press speculations are official announcements. Like how many people might die from Covid-19, the SMH speculates, you run around saying it's the government policy.

That would be the Crossroads hotel in NSW. Where a single infectious person infected a heap of people both directly and indirectly, caused the closure of a number on businesses, causing outbreaks around Sydney. The cause of the the current border closures to people from NSW.

The High Court Case involving the WA Govt and border restrictions is scheduled for October... I believe 28 October is the date mentioned.  This is fact... it will go ahead unless the case is withdrawn beforehand but at the moment that is unlikely.

Your cherry picked comment you made before came from the Federal Court after the Warden and the WA Govt tried to get the case stopped even though the Judge you mentioned made a small decision but it failed to stop the case going to the High Court.  

The cherry picked comment you made.... if you would have quoted the whole decision  it was quite clear that the High Court case was going ahead.... but with you when you cherry pick from links.... you do not add it all...and you do not add the link....I wonder why...555.

Ahh .....,,,I see you still have your knickers in a knot about the figures stated by Govt of 150,000 deaths would occur .... they were quite precise with the figures... but we have been through that already when other BMs said you were incorrect...pointed it out to you.... myself included.

So you are saying that one person detected from a hotel is the blame for all restrictions in place now for people from NSW . So when did this Crossroads Hotel incident occur???  

cheers

Edited by roobob

4 hours ago, fygjam said:

1 hour ago, roobob said:

The High Court Case involving the WA Govt and border restrictions is scheduled for October... I believe 28 October is the date mentioned.  This is fact... it will go ahead unless the case is withdrawn beforehand but at the moment that is unlikely.

Your cherry picked comment you made before came from the Federal Court after the Warden and the WA Govt tried to get the case stopped even though the Judge you mentioned made a small decision but it failed to stop the case going to the High Court.  

The cherry picked comment you made.... if you would have quoted the whole decision  it was quite clear that the High Court case was going ahead.... but with you when you cherry pick from links.... you do not add it all...and you do not add the link....I wonder why...555.

Ahh .....,,,I see you still have your knickers in a knot about the figures stated by Govt of 150,000 deaths would occur .... they were quite precise with the figures... but we have been through that already when other BMs said you were incorrect...pointed it out to you.... myself included.

So you are saying that one person detected from a hotel is the blame for all restrictions in place now for people from NSW . So when did this Crossroads Hotel incident occur???  

cheers

Are you two still going around in circles? Any chance of giving it a break...?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, roobob said:

You do not like the posts... you have the option to ignore them.

cheers

Difficult when there's pages upon pages of them..... but it's ok.... I'll let you have the last word.

Edited by Painter

What could go wrong..?

New Trump pandemic adviser pushes controversial 'herd immunity' strategy, worrying public health officials

WASHINGTON - One of President Donald Trump's top medical advisers is urging the White House to embrace a controversial "herd immunity" strategy to combat the pandemic, which would entail allowing the coronavirus to spread through most of the population to quickly build resistance to the virus, while taking steps to protect those in nursing homes and other vulnerable populations, according to five people familiar with the discussions.

The administration has already begun to implement some policies along these lines, according to current and former officials as well as experts, particularly with regard to testing.

The approach's chief proponent is Scott Atlas, a neuroradiologist from Stanford's conservative Hoover Institution, who joined the White House earlier this month as a pandemic adviser. He has advocated that the United States adopt the model Sweden has used to respond to the virus outbreak, according to these officials, which relies on lifting restrictions so the healthy can build up immunity to the disease rather than limiting social and business interactions to prevent the virus from spreading.

Sweden's handling of the pandemic has been heavily criticized by public health officials and infectious-disease experts as reckless - the country has among the highest infection and death rates in the world. It also hasn't escaped the deep economic problems resulting from the pandemic.

But Sweden's approach has gained support among some conservatives who argue that social distancing restrictions are crushing the economy and infringing on people's liberties.

That this approach is even being discussed inside the White House is drawing concern from experts inside and outside the government who note that a herd immunity strategy could lead to the country suffering hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of lost lives.

"The administration faces some pretty serious hurdles in making this argument. One is a lot of people will die, even if you can protect people in nursing homes," said Paul Romer, a professor at New York University who won the Nobel Prize in economics in 2018. "Once it's out in the community, we've seen over and over again, it ends up spreading everywhere."

Atlas, who does not have a background in infectious diseases or epidemiology, has expanded his influence inside the White House by advocating policies that appeal to Trump's desire to move past the pandemic and get the economy going, distressing health officials on the White House coronavirus task force and throughout the administration who worry that their advice is being followed less and less.

Atlas declined an interview request. White House spokesman Judd Deere did not respond to specific questions for this story and instead said in a statement that Atlas is a "world renowned physician and scholar of advanced medical care and health care policy" and criticized the media for reporting on the topic...

...Atlas caught Trump's attention with a spate of Fox News appearances in recent months, and the president has found a more simpatico figure in the Stanford doctor for his push to reopen the country so he can focus on his reelection. Atlas now often sits in the briefing room with Trump during his coronavirus news conferences, even as other doctors do not....

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/New-Trump-pandemic-adviser-pushes-controversial-15526711.php

• Like 1

And here you go .....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/substantial-tax-rises-uk-covid-19-coronavirus-treasury-select-committee-ifs-resolution-foundation-institute-for-government-103816547.html

"Top economists have warned that the UK will likely face “substantial” tax increases in the coming years, as the government seeks to pay for the cost of its COVID-19 response and public services."

But hey, never mind. Stay home and save lives ! 

Next generatio will pay !

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

And not only in the UK .

• Like 1

One of the buildings at our factory site has been shut down after 3 positive tests. All 30 staff in that building have been sent to isolation. 

One of them reported it to track and trace which was why it got shut otherwise they would have still been working as our owners will do anything to avoid closing it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

One of the buildings at our factory site has been shut down after 3 positive tests. All 30 staff in that building have been sent to isolation. 

One of them reported it to track and trace which was why it got shut otherwise they would have still been working as our owners will do anything to avoid closing it. 

This is what society has become...people ratting their colleagues and neighbours.

What a marvellous world .....

Germany 1939 but more hightech.

• Like 4

So, when I watch / read the French (and international) media since 1 month they are all speaking about new record numbers of Covid cases, second wave, mandatory masks,  etc ....

So where are the hundreds / thousands of excess daily deaths ?  Of course I know the most recent numbers may be slightly adjusted later but still.....  The chart since 30/04 is exactly similar as previous years. So yes, we had an epidemy causing a rather high number of victims during March / April, but now it is clearly over. 

Time to stop the media B.S.

Chart comment translated by Google :

"Between 1 May and 24 August 2020, 178,598 deaths were recorded in France as of 4 September, 1% less than in 2019 and the same level as in 2018. However, this number is still provisional and will be revised upwards in the coming weeks.

Thus, in the period from May 1 to July 20, the number of deaths, which was 123,104 at the time of the July 31 broadcast, was revised upwards to 124,917 as of September 4, a revision of 1.5%. The decrease, which was estimated at -3% over the period from May 1 to July 20, 2020 compared to the same period in 2019, is therefore revised to - 1.1%.

Since 1 May, as recent data confirm, there is no surplus mortality in France compared to the previous two years. The finding is similar when the observation window is restricted to July and August, for which heatwave episodes must be taken into account. While deaths in July 2020 are lower than in July 2019 (-2.8%) or in July 2018 (-3.2%), those recorded from August 1 to 24 were 1.9% higher than those recorded over the same period in 2019 (but remain -0.5% lower than in 2018). By the summer of 2018, an excess of 1,500 deaths had been recorded between July 24 and August 8. By the summer of 2019, two heatwaves had been observed (between June 24 and July 7, and then between July 21 and July 27) resulting in approximately 2,000 additional deaths. In 2020, a heat wave began on August 5, with no further deaths yet known."

Deces chart 200824.jpg