COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

24 minutes ago, Painter said:

GOOD NEWS!

According to Gov.uk, as of 4am on 19th Sept,  those returning to the uk from Thailand will not have to isolate for 24 days.

I don't think they have to isolate for 14 either. :default_biggrin:

Joking aside, as you say, good news for sure, we just need a sensible way to go the other way now.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Got to say that is real dumb......

I probably got a 0.01% chance of being flung through the windscreen of my car today but I will still wear my seat belt, it could save my life... 

Well with this logic....Every person on Earth must have been insane before 2020 walking around with out a mask.......And we should all keep wearing masks indefinitely......Just in case.......Because Covid is just one of dozens and dozens of airborne diseases..... 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I don't think they have to isolate for 14 either. :default_biggrin:

Joking aside, as you say, good news for sure, we just need a sensible way to go the other way now.

Just waiting to see who would point out my deliberate mistake....

Blame fat fingers and a phone keyboard!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, fforest said:

Well with this logic....Every person on Earth must have been insane before 2020 walking around with out a mask.......And we should all keep wearing masks indefinitely......Just in case.......Because Covid is just one of dozens and dozens of airborne diseases..... 

You're onto something here....

I have not been sick in any way since last October when I returned from China with the worst respiratory/asthma infection of my life. Thought I was going to die. Took lots of steroids to get ride of it.

Fit as a fiddle since. I always wear a mask when near other people (started in early March), wash my hands often, and avoid any crowds other than shopping (Costco & Trader Joe's, mainly). 

My 8-yo daughter is the same. She used to get sick and bring it home from school on a regular 3-month cycle.

The smoke from the big fires has finally cleared in the past few days. Went to the beach a couple of days ago. Lots of people out enjoying the breezes...

Life is good.

20200915-IMG_5534.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Mate, you get dumber by the day.

Many people wear masks and not just because of Covid....a volcano goes off, people wear masks, a surgeon wears a mask when he operates, a housekeeper wears a mask when using chemicals, these things are just done to help prevent injury, infection to one self or others.

Our immune system allows us to walk the world mostly without a mask but during this pandemic it has been advised that it may save a life, yours or the person you are near if either of you have an infection which can cause long term damage even if you don't suffer major symptoms.  Really is this an earth shattering event, no it is just a peace of advice that could save a life.  Asians have been wearing masks for a long time and probably because they do not wish to get smog, car fumes etc in their lungs, they now see no issue in wearing a mask to help prevent another way of infecting their lungs.

You choose not to wear one then fine but that is your choice, not smart in my book but your choice.  I choose to wear a mask and not even really because I follow the advice, it just seems a good bet in preventing infection or passing on an infection as understanding how particles can leave the body when breathing out means I see it as an added measure.

It really isn't a big deal in the overall scheme of things and it really doesn't impose any major rights violations in my book or cause me undue irritation. There are places I do not need to wear a mask and there are some where I think it a good option, nothing less, nothing more.

I certainly don't spend every waking moment dragging the net for a pro mask avatar, joke or video to try to impress or belittle those of a differing opinion to mine, that would be bloody silly in my book, there is a lot of life to live out there with or without a mask but I will try to live it safely.

Too much common sense in that post methinks!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, fforest said:

Nope. The logic is that I wear a seat belt only when driving, the rest the time I wear a belt to hold my trousers up

I don't know of anyone who wears a mask all the time either. 

Just if they are in a confined area like a shop, bus, tube etc

It won't be forever either. The Spanish Flu did not last forever and if people had worn masks and kept to social distancing then less people would have died. 

Gas masks were often worn by civilians during World War in case of a gas attack which was possible but never happened. 

• Like 1

Hey @Thai Spice, hope you have a good shovel.  :default_cheers:

Indonesians caught without a mask forced to dig graves for Covid-19 victims

Villagers who refuse to wear masks are being forced to dig graves for victims of Covid-19 by local authorities in one part of rural Indonesia, in the hopes that a little bit of manual labor and empathy will convince others to do their part to help stop the pandemic.

Three middle-aged men and five minors in Cerme district of Gresik Regency, East Java, were given the unique punishment on September 9, authorities said.
Though mask-wearing is mandatory in public throughout Indonesia, there has been a vocal segment of the population that has been reluctant to wear masks and practice social distancing.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Hey @Thai Spice, hope you have a good shovel.  :default_cheers:

Indonesians caught without a mask forced to dig graves for Covid-19 victims

Villagers who refuse to wear masks are being forced to dig graves for victims of Covid-19 by local authorities in one part of rural Indonesia, in the hopes that a little bit of manual labor and empathy will convince others to do their part to help stop the pandemic.

Three middle-aged men and five minors in Cerme district of Gresik Regency, East Java, were given the unique punishment on September 9, authorities said.
Though mask-wearing is mandatory in public throughout Indonesia, there has been a vocal segment of the population that has been reluctant to wear masks and practice social distancing.

Yeah, yeah..... 

I anybody tells you to wear a mask, hide at home, wear gloves and wash your shopping bags .. tell them to F.O.

THIS IS WHAT LIFE IS SUPPOSED TO BE :

And f**k the virus !

Being "old" is not an excuse. More the contrary, how older you are, how more sure you know you're gonna go ......   So fecking enjoy the last days !

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, jcolorado said:

I spent 8 days in China on a business trip in the early 90s. A taxi driver told me that you save on gas by driving with the lights off.

Egyptian taxi drivers only turn theirs on when they think another car is coming the other way. 

• Haha 4