COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Just now, code_slayer_bkk said:

Don't think it really does ... people have already made up their minds ...

Other than future debates ...

I don’t know, after all the BLM protests back in June onwards, I thought no way he’s getting a second term....but judging by my poker app, saw at least 3 TRUMP 2020 profile pics just tonight. Sleep Joe or Trump, It’s not much of a choice TBH....anyway I’m not American so I won’t discuss who I’d vote for. 

8 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Don't think it really does ... people have already made up their minds ...

Other than future debates ...

If he makes it that far...

Trump is (statistically) at great risk...old & obese. If Covid symptoms kick in it won't be pretty.

Pence will take over the reins and there would need to be a new Republican candidate (probably Pence).

Edited by lazarus

17 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Another thread fecked by US politics ?

So what do we do?

Pretend that a US political person who down talked Covid-19 didn't return a positive test?

The thread is about Covid-19. He has Covid-19!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Yup, different playing field in his demographic......how many ex POTUS live to see 95 or so, quite a few

None of them has/had contracted Covid-19, though....

"...The epidemic is much more dangerous for the elderly than for the young. The most commonly reported age-specific measure is the “case fatality rate” (CFR), which is the ratio of COVID-19 deaths to diagnosed cases by age..."

Demographic perspectives on the mortality of COVID-19 and other epidemics

https://www.pnas.org/content/117/36/22035

F1.large.jpg

Figure 1. Similar age pattern of COVID-19 mortality by region. (A) Unnormalized age-specific mortality, calculated as the ratio of deaths by age to population by age. The levels should not be interpreted as reflecting real differences in mortality because of unaccounted variation in time scale, stage of the epidemic, and the extent of spread within the region. (B) Normalized rates, dividing each region’s rates by the sum of these rates, allow comparison of the age pattern. The average is calculated across all regions. Exponential increase at a rate of 0.11 is plotted to intersect the average in the age group 70 to 79 y. A and B, Lower show the same data as A and B, Upper but in logarithmic scale. (For sources, see main text Epidemic Mortality Risk as Temporary Aging.)

Edited by lazarus

On 10/2/2020 at 7:40 PM, Nightcrawler said:

Had my annual flu jab this morning. Feeling like shit as usual for 24 hrs or so. 

Very sexy nurse though. Mind you every female looks sexy at the moment to me 😁

Had mine the other day, felt great, but no sexy nurse. ☹️

On 10/2/2020 at 2:54 PM, Golfingboy said:

I don’t know, after all the BLM protests back in June onwards, I thought no way he’s getting a second term....but judging by my poker app, saw at least 3 TRUMP 2020 profile pics just tonight. Sleep Joe or Trump, It’s not much of a choice TBH....anyway I’m not American so I won’t discuss who I’d vote for. 

Well, I should not say this .. but, I have to ... Sleepy Joe has been part of the swamp for 47 years and now he has a plan to fix everything ... yea right !

The last I will ever mention anything related to this election again on this forum ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lunch at the beach cantine today.

Good to see people living normally. A birthday party of 12 people on a long table, several tables of 4 or 6 on the beach, old Aussie pensioners shaking hands,  none of this crossed out seats shit, etc...

Of course there was also the usual clowns table shaking elbows but hey ... if it make them feel like heroes up to them. As long as not one of them tries it with me. Its a handshake or F.O., easy.

Anyway, another day on the island of the Gods with a nice lunch and red wine while watching the sea.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Me too. I had heard from many how it hurt afterwards for a few days. Didn't happen to me

Just lucky I guess

Me too, I had my jab last year and after 1 second of the jab going in I suffered no other reactions. Almost like I never had it, no problem.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Thumbs Up 1