COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

34 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Unless you are wearing a TShirt or greeting a friend naked, then we are usually covering our elbows. There will be no sweat or moisture generally present and therefore much safer than bare skin on skin. Just as the way a condom would act. 

I would say that when short sleeved shirts are worn the elbows are exposed....... the only time they would be covered is a long sleeved shirt or a coat/jumper...... so I would not say that our elbows are usually covered.... but agree it will depend on country and the season.

But my point is..... hand shaking and elbow bumping there is skin on skin.... why is one promoted and the other a no no.  

cheers

24 minutes ago, roobob said:

I would say that when short sleeved shirts are worn the elbows are exposed....... the only time they would be covered is a long sleeved shirt or a coat/jumper...... so I would not say that our elbows are usually covered.... but agree it will depend on country and the season.

But my point is..... hand shaking and elbow bumping there is skin on skin.... why is one promoted and the other a no no.  

cheers

Well, right now, it's kind of chilly in UK so usually wear a, shirt and jacket when I go out. So for me personally, I don't have a problem with elbowing as a greeting. I am not suggesting that everyone should do it though. It's just safer than shaking hands right now IMO and if people mutually wish to use that as a greeting, then I see no reason not to. There are plenty of other greeting techniques that don't involve any physical contact like saying "hallo mate, nice to see you" 

Obviously I would bump the elbow in the presence of Thai Spice as not to offend him 😁😁

28 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Well, right now, it's kind of chilly in UK so usually wear a, shirt and jacket when I go out. So for me personally, I don't have a problem with elbowing as a greeting. I am not suggesting that everyone should do it though. It's just safer than shaking hands right now IMO and if people mutually wish to use that as a greeting, then I see no reason not to. There are plenty of other greeting techniques that don't involve any physical contact like saying "hallo mate, nice to see you" 

Obviously I would bump the elbow in the presence of Thai Spice as not to offend him 😁😁

I have no problem people elbowing ...up to them....IMO it is just the same as shaking hands and I believe that shaking hands in these times is safe. 

Each to their own as they say.

cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Krapow said:

It's pretty simple.

The virus, like most, gets in via your mouth, nose, eyes.

How many times have you touched any of those with your elbow today?  I'd guess that would be none.

I'd also guess you have touched 1 or all 3 in the last hour or with your hands.

It helps negate the chance of catching a virus, that's it, it's that simple.  

But i assume you know all that already, you just choose not to do it. That's your choice. 

I'm not panicking in the least, my choice is i prefer to do what i can to negate the chances of catching the virus. I'm not arguing how serious or not serious the virus is, i simply don't want to catch it. 

As Painter has quite rightly said, it's tedious those continually going on about how they won't 'conform', call those who choose to take precautions ridiculous, or whatever.  Just get on with it.

To each their own, i've a long time ago came to the conclusion i will not change anyone else or what they do, so in regards to Covid, i just weigh up the risk, and try to keep me and my family safe as best we can whilst still having a enjoyable life. We're just back from Turkey on holiday, no panic, we just enjoyed it while taking what precautions we could.

Cheers!

Well you certainly won't change anyone using logic.

BTW. I said ages ago, the Thais have the right idea with the wai. Physical contact is not required.

And if you shake hands, elbow bump or ankle tap, you're too bloody close unless both are wearing masks.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Krapow said:

It's pretty simple.

The virus, like most, gets in via your mouth, nose, eyes.

How many times have you touched any of those with your elbow today?  I'd guess that would be none.

I'd also guess you have touched 1 or all 3 in the last hour or with your hands.

It helps negate the chance of catching a virus, that's it, it's that simple.  

But i assume you know all that already, you just choose not to do it. That's your choice. 

I'm not panicking in the least, my choice is i prefer to do what i can to negate the chances of catching the virus. I'm not arguing how serious or not serious the virus is, i simply don't want to catch it. 

As Painter has quite rightly said, it's tedious those continually going on about how they won't 'conform', call those who choose to take precautions ridiculous, or whatever.  Just get on with it.

To each their own, i've a long time ago came to the conclusion i will not change anyone else or what they do, so in regards to Covid, i just weigh up the risk, and try to keep me and my family safe as best we can whilst still having a enjoyable life. We're just back from Turkey on holiday, no panic, we just enjoyed it while taking what precautions we could.

Cheers!

You guess wrong.... I am not a fidgety person so I have no need to touch my face 3 times an hour at all unless to blow my nose if I have a sniffle which I would use tissues or when I wash my face when in the shower but I would say that the soap would help out there.

I ask again.... what is the number of people who have contracted the virus by shaking hands???.IMO when out and about...people will touch more things where they could catch the virus than by shaking hands. I am sure that no one wants to catch the virus and would be silly to say as much.

I see your point about about how some say they won't "conform" is tedious and call those who conform ridiculous but to be fair on the other side of the coin it is tedious also from the "conformists" that the way they carry out things is correct and all should follow suit and should not question what authorities put out if they believe it is not right or want the reason why. We are getting to a poor stage if we cannot question our elected officals or medical people of the reasons behind their decision. I am sure when visiting the doctor with an ailment that you would ask questions about the treatment that you may have to receive.

True...each to their own...and glad you had a great holiday with the family.... but be careful.... some people could say that you should not have an overseas holiday as you are not conforming to their way of thinking of how you should do things.

cheers    

Abstract

Background: There is limited literature on the frequency of face-touching behavior as a potential
vector for the self-inoculation and transmission of Staphylococcus aureus and other common
respiratory infections.

Methods: A behavioral observation study was undertaken involving medical students at the
University of New South Wales. Their face-touching behavior was observed via videotape
recording. Using standardized scoring sheets, the frequency of hand-to-face contacts with mucosal
or nonmucosal areas was tallied and analyzed.

Results: On average, each of the 26 observed students touched their face 23 times per hour. Of all
face touches, 44% (1,024/2,346) involved contact with a mucous membrane, whereas 56%
(1,322/2,346) of contacts involved nonmucosal areas. Of mucous membrane touches observed,
36% (372) involved the mouth, 31% (318) involved the nose, 27% (273) involved the eyes, and 6%
(61) were a combination of these regions.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25637115/#:~:text=Results%3A On average%2C each of,of contacts involved nonmucosal areas.

The SARS-CoV-2 virus loves mucous membranes.

Edited by fygjam
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 2

If someone is in the contagious stage of a Covid infection, is asymptomatic, and they cough into their bare hands...

...then shake one of yours...& you just happen to scratch that itch on your nose & breathe in...

BINGO...you win!

American-style. 🙂

. . .

121032029_3368363406577180_824854376895458190_n.jpg

acb-rose-garden-Artboard_1.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Spot on

That said, I hope that when we meet up again, you will greet me with a sloppy French kiss as usual. 🙄😁💋

What's happened to your usual greeting? :default_ass:💋

This Covid crap has a lot to answer for. :default_diablo:

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Got this in the post earlier.

Will I do it, or is it some sort of psyops to actually give me Covid, a microchip to control me, LSD or make me pregnant!

thumbnail_IMAG2104_LI.jpg

I had to chuckle at the Managing Director of Public Affairs.... Kelly Beaver

Latest update 25/9 .  All quiet on the western front !

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending25september2020

ONS 200925.jpg

- Note the highlighted part (by me)

1. A death can be registered with both COVID-19 and Influenza and Pneumonia mentioned on the death certificate. Because pneumonia may be a consequence of COVID-19, deaths where both were mentioned have been counted only in the COVID-19 category.

- Note that you have 97,8 % chances to die from anything else than Covid  !  That should make you feel better, no ?

The number of death registrations in England and Wales involving the coronavirus (COVID-19) increased from 139 in Week 38 to 215 in Week 39 (a 54.7% increase). Of all deaths registered in Week 39, 2.2% mentioned COVID-19.

Want to make it more "visual" ?

Covid deaths in blue, non-Covid in green ......  Woaw, I am terrified now .......

ONS 200925 Corona vs non corona deaths.jpg

So considering 97,8 % chances to die for anything but Covid, you guys better stop aging, smoking, drinking, eating fries, driving motorcycles etc....

But of course the ONS figures is all B.S., F.B., Twitter and the gutter newspaper are sure better sources ! 

PS : as usual I suppose nobody will reply to this ?

That's why its more post count efficient to post rubish, it attracts more answers ....hahahahaha

Anyway, aperitif time is approaching, and the rain has stopped, so all is good on the island of the Gods !

• Like 2

This is a vast topic here since 2 or 3 months... many people I spoke to are convinced that hospitals do this, and knowing the Asian greed for money, I think it is very possible.

https://thebalisun.com/bali-hospital-accused-of-diagnosing-patients-with-covid-19-who-were-actually-negative/

BALI HOSPITAL ACCUSED OF DIAGNOSING PATIENTS WITH COVID-19 WHO WERE ACTUALLY NEGATIVE

5f1b481ba30da4fbac2c2fc102fe56bf?s=20&d=THE BALI SUN

A Bali hospital has been accused of diagnosing patients with COVID-19 who did not actually have the virus in order to receive more money from the Indonesian Government. 

53 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

This is a vast topic here since 2 or 3 months... many people I spoke to are convinced that hospitals do this, and knowing the Asian greed for money, I think it is very possible.

https://thebalisun.com/bali-hospital-accused-of-diagnosing-patients-with-covid-19-who-were-actually-negative/

BALI HOSPITAL ACCUSED OF DIAGNOSING PATIENTS WITH COVID-19 WHO WERE ACTUALLY NEGATIVE

5f1b481ba30da4fbac2c2fc102fe56bf?s=20&d=THE BALI SUN

A Bali hospital has been accused of diagnosing patients with COVID-19 who did not actually have the virus in order to receive more money from the Indonesian Government. 

CV19 has created a whole new industry ...... much like the climate change industry.... 555

cheers 

Edited by roobob

59 minutes ago, roobob said:

CV19 has created a whole new industry ...... much like the climate change industry.... 555

cheers 

Definitively.

Just think about the "magic soap" market !  An enormous amount  of money being made with this.

And wait for the vaccine... That will be a blockbuster for big pharma !

5 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Latest update 25/9 .  All quiet on the western front !

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending25september2020

ONS 200925.jpg

- Note the highlighted part (by me)

1. A death can be registered with both COVID-19 and Influenza and Pneumonia mentioned on the death certificate. Because pneumonia may be a consequence of COVID-19, deaths where both were mentioned have been counted only in the COVID-19 category.

- Note that you have 97,8 % chances to die from anything else than Covid  !  That should make you feel better, no ?

The number of death registrations in England and Wales involving the coronavirus (COVID-19) increased from 139 in Week 38 to 215 in Week 39 (a 54.7% increase). Of all deaths registered in Week 39, 2.2% mentioned COVID-19.

Want to make it more "visual" ?

Covid deaths in blue, non-Covid in green ......  Woaw, I am terrified now .......

ONS 200925 Corona vs non corona deaths.jpg

So considering 97,8 % chances to die for anything but Covid, you guys better stop aging, smoking, drinking, eating fries, driving motorcycles etc....

But of course the ONS figures is all B.S., F.B., Twitter and the gutter newspaper are sure better sources ! 

PS : as usual I suppose nobody will reply to this ?

That's why its more post count efficient to post rubish, it attracts more answers ....hahahahaha

Anyway, aperitif time is approaching, and the rain has stopped, so all is good on the island of the Gods !

If I was living such an idyllic life as you keep telling us I really would not be spending most of my time investigating all these Covid articles, I think I would be just enjoying what is around me. You are so far removed from the issues really surrounding the pandemic yet are possibly the most fixated member reading and writing about it. 

I live in Europe, supposedly in a hell hole with no future according to some here and yet I find so much more to do that stats like this really are of no interest to me. There are far more important things to do when spent with my family that keep me from wasting my time looking too deep into the issues related to something that is on my doorstep so why oh why spend time beating your self about with charts and stats when you should just be knocking back the Bintangs and enjoying the company of your lady. 

Nothing wrong with a hobby when living a beach life but throw the excel sheets and bar charts away, have another glass of wine.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

If I was living such an idyllic life as you keep telling us I really would not be spending most of my time investigating all these Covid articles, I think I would be just enjoying what is around me. You are so far removed from the issues really surrounding the pandemic yet are possibly the most fixated member reading and writing about it. 

I live in Europe, supposedly in a hell hole with no future according to some here and yet I find so much more to do that stats like this really are of no interest to me. There are far more important things to do when spent with my family that keep me from wasting my time looking too deep into the issues related to something that is on my doorstep so why oh why spend time beating your self about with charts and stats when you should just be knocking back the Bintangs and enjoying the company of your lady. 

Nothing wrong with a hobby when living a beach life but throw the excel sheets and bar charts away, have another glass of wine.

I am often surprised by the blindness of people who, I think, are fairly well educated.

In life you have to dig and understand things, not just accept what you are told. 

But than again, yes for many knocking back beers is a way of continuing the dream ?

I enjoy life, believe me, but that doesn't mean I have switched off my interrogative brain. And by the way, this is not a hobby, a post like I do now and then takes me between 15 and 20 minutes.... Including resizing the screen captures. Some prefer to do reports on soi 6.... to each his own.

My life is not idyllic, it's just fine and very acceptable for a pensioner, but I have know better phases with much more fun.

So, thanks for worrying about me, but you're not gonna change my revolutionary and free thinking  spirit !

And BTW, one is never too old to continue to learn and educate oneself.

Edited by Thai Spice

9 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

I am often surprised by the blindness of people who, I think, are fairly well educated.

In life you have to dig and understand things, not just accept what you are told. 

But than again, yes for many knocking back beers is a way of continuing the dream ?

I enjoy life, believe me, but that doesn't mean I have switched off my interrogative brain. And by the way, this is not a hobby, a post like I do now and then takes me between 15 and 20 minutes.... Including resizing the screen captures. Some prefer to do reports on soi 6.... to each his own.

My life is not idyllic, it's just fine and very acceptable for a pensioner, but I have know better phases with much more fun.

So, thanks for worrying about me, but you're not gonna change my revolutionary and free thinking  spirit !

And BTW, one is never too old to continue to learn and educate oneself.

A good reply and I do respect your view even though sometimes I don't agree with it.

I just know that if I was in your shoes I would probably be side tracked by so many other things that would lift my life rather than give rise to things that might stress it unnecessarily or give me cause to question what goes on around me.  Being interested in and educated in many things around us is part of life but I tend to occupy myself with things I have a level of control over and this pandemic isn't really one I can control or something I will let consume me.

I appreciate your reply but we are different, I would just be in your shoes educating myself on many things but certainly not spending my time investigating this pandemic. I was told a long time ago not to try to control the uncontrollable, it is a losing battle.

20 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

appreciate your reply but we are different, I would just be in your shoes educating myself on many things but certainly not spending my time investigating this pandemic. I was told a long time ago not to try to control the uncontrollable, it is a losing battle.

Thanks, and globally agreed. I don't try to control the uncontrollable but I like to understand how we got in such a ubuesque situation and global panic . Again, here it's all much more relaxed, in 3 years I never saw a Balinese run or even walk fast...

Except reading a few articles in the news and the weekly / monthly updates, believe me it's not something that stresses me.

I spend way more time reading things like stock market news (2h daily) and geopolitics (2h daily).  Being retired gives you an opportunity to go deeper in things you hadn't time for in your working life.  And choicing subjects that require a bit of thinking and research avoids the brain to go completely in "sleep" mode.

Having one kid being a computer / gaming / A.I. freak I also try to keep myself a minimum updated in that domain. 

Having another in the army, I follow that domain a little bit as well.

Ok, enough off topic, back to the terror virus ! 

• Like 1

So, I had a look at the Belgium stats. Some may know that the media has reported horrendous Covid death rate for this country ....

Let's have a look at the total deaths number, from their official governments stats website. (equivalent of the ONS in UK  / INSEE in France). Good thing is their website is available in 4 languages...

https://statbel.fgov.be/en/about-statbel/what-we-do/visualisations/mortality

Note the memo for the August mini peak... 

Stabel global 200919.jpg

So let's have a look at the repartition of deaths by age.....

Figures are obvious, the ages 25 - 64 have a similar death rate in 2020 to previous years. As can be logically expected it is the 85+ age range that suffered the most.  But one has to acknowledge, that had they not died from Covid, they would have died soon anyway from "natural" causes or another medical issue.

So, the message should be : Keep the very old people safe, isolated, closely watched but don't fecking stop the others to live their lives, and there is no need to wreck the economy !

Stabel age group 200919.jpg

And here under a chart with the average total deaths 2009-2018 / Total deaths 2020 / Covid deaths...

Please note the HORRENDOUS high brown curb since June, representing the COVID deaths compared to total deaths....... What a joke....

Stabel average 200919.jpg

But again, this is probably all B.S. and you better follow F.B., TWATTER, and the usual printed rags, stay home and watch Netflix....

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

You're absolutely wasted on this forum Spicy!

All over the world from Totalitarian regimes, to Socialist states, to European and Western democracies, all having guidance from their best epidemiologists, virologist, scientists etc, they all have it wrong. 

Wee Spicy from Thailand 24/7 sex pest forum, when bored after a few bintangs at lunch, solves the biggest health crisis the world has seen in a century. Not only that, but does it with a few multicolured graphs. Tells all us lucky forum readers where they're going wrong. 

I'm so proud to be a member of this forum :tu:

Tomorrow Spicey cures cancer over his breakfast croissant and Bintang. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

You're absolutely wasted on this forum Spicy!

All over the world from Totalitarian regimes, to Socialist states, to European and Western democracies, all having guidance from their best epidemiologists, virologist, scientists etc, they all have it wrong. 

Wee Spicy from Thailand 24/7 sex pest forum, when bored after a few bintangs at lunch, solves the biggest health crisis the world has seen in a century. Not only that, but does it with a few multicolured graphs. Tells all us lucky forum readers where they're going wrong. 

I'm so proud to be a member of this forum :tu:

Well you can make a case for TS....lets look at it.

It is getting onto near a year now.... and what have all these Totalitarian regimes, to Socialist states, to European and Western democracies, all having guidance from their best epidemiologists, virologist, scientists etc,  come up with........

Lock yourself away..... wear a mask..... stay away from people..... do not shake hands but tap elbows......  and go bankrupt.

cheers

• Thumbs Up 2