COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

2 minutes ago, Bazle said:

The article linked (https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/09/09/covid-vaccine-astrazeneca-trial-hold-what-does-mean/5757590002/) says:

The hold AstraZeneca placed Tuesday on its COVID-19 vaccine trials is the first major setback in pursuit of a vaccine against a disease that has now killed 190,000 in the U.S. and nearly 900,000 worldwide. 

One volunteer in a trial in the United Kingdom apparently developed a serious neurological problem after receiving the vaccine, though not much has been made publicly available about what happened.

and is dated 9 September. That seems to be the first stoppage, not another one.

No, the first stoppage was in July (as mentioned in the article) this is another one that the Village Idiot dug up which hasn't halted the trials as he claimed except for those in the USA, which is the bit that seems unusual to me.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Bazle said:

The article linked (https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/09/09/covid-vaccine-astrazeneca-trial-hold-what-does-mean/5757590002/) says:

The hold AstraZeneca placed Tuesday on its COVID-19 vaccine trials is the first major setback in pursuit of a vaccine against a disease that has now killed 190,000 in the U.S. and nearly 900,000 worldwide. 

One volunteer in a trial in the United Kingdom apparently developed a serious neurological problem after receiving the vaccine, though not much has been made publicly available about what happened.

and is dated 9 September. That seems to be the first stoppage, not another one.

During a conference call, AstraZeneca’s CEO Pascal Soriot said the company had temporarily halted vaccinations in July after a participant experienced neurological symptoms, which were later concluded to be undiagnosed multiple sclerosis (MS) and thus unrelated to the Covid-19 vaccine. 

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/comment/azd1222-covid-vaccine-trials-astrazeneca/

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, boydeste said:

This is very true, I had a phone appointment with my doctor yesterday for a review, he said he wanted a full set of bloods from me but I would have to wait 2 to 3 weeks as no bloods were being done right now unless an emergency because there was a shortage of some chemical needed to process it. This being caused by the Covid situation.

Had another blood test last Monday. Was a walk in service but now appointment only. No problem getting an appointment in under a week. Back to GP Monday for results. 

Dentist has been a 4 week wait between appointments lately. 

GP surgery is trying to cut down on face to face appointments if possible though. 

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

When I first got up to Chaing Mai recently I stopped by a major public hospital that was near where I was staying. I stopped in to see a doctor as it was it was close and I was in a lot of discomfort (to put it mildly). I thought WTF, why not. I had what turned out to be strep throat. So, they had me sitting, waiting near the entrance of the E.R. I waited a long time. As I waited I watched as the vans pullup - one after another after another got out, many were directly dropped onto gurneys. It was like a fucking production line. I saw one taken out in a body bag as I watched the others rolling in.

Finally they said I have to take van to different building. I said ok and waited some more. I eventually got into a van with a surly driver and a young Thai couple (they looked almost like newlyweds). He drove us around the corner where we got out with our paperwork. The other couple walked up first as I stood near the van. I watched.... then I realized they were going to a covid test site. f**k this.....I slowly walked around the corner and down the road grabbed a taxi to Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai. I was treated there, went back three times finally healed up.

Interesting experience and opened my eyes to what I've suspected since day 1. 

Wear your fucking masks guys.

So what are you saying mate... what did you suspect and see in Day 1??

Are you saying that that what you saw in the Chang Mai public hospital was a dropping off point of a country over run with  covid ??

You say it was recently.... can you be more specific  with the date??

I am sure that if it is the case then knowing the Thais love of social media it would be all over the place.

Apologies to you mate.... but I am calling bullshit on this one.

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

When I first got up to Chaing Mai recently I stopped by a major public hospital that was near where I was staying. I stopped in to see a doctor as it was it was close and I was in a lot of discomfort (to put it mildly). I thought WTF, why not. I had what turned out to be strep throat. So, they had me sitting, waiting near the entrance of the E.R. I waited a long time. As I waited I watched as the vans pullup - one after another after another got out, many were directly dropped onto gurneys. It was like a fucking production line. I saw one taken out in a body bag as I watched the others rolling in.

Finally they said I have to take van to different building. I said ok and waited some more. I eventually got into a van with a surly driver and a young Thai couple (they looked almost like newlyweds). He drove us around the corner where we got out with our paperwork. The other couple walked up first as I stood near the van. I watched.... then I realized they were going to a covid test site. f**k this.....I slowly walked around the corner and down the road grabbed a taxi to Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai. I was treated there, went back three times finally healed up.

Interesting experience and opened my eyes to what I've suspected since day 1. 

Wear your fucking masks guys.

That is one thing I hate about the hospitals I work in .... I see people on stretchers with IV in their arms and who knows what other shit .... just being push through the main lobbys .. in the elevators ... ....

I never touch anything in the hospitals ... I use a pen to push the floor number I want when I am in an elevator , even when I go piss I never touch the door handles, wash my hands etc.

Plus, I am 50/50 on a mask ... if it is N95 certified then maybe ...

4 hours ago, roobob said:

So what are you saying mate... what did you suspect and see in Day 1??

Are you saying that that what you saw in the Chang Mai public hospital was a dropping off point of a country over run with  covid ??

You say it was recently.... can you be more specific  with the date??

I am sure that if it is the case then knowing the Thais love of social media it would be all over the place.

Apologies to you mate.... but I am calling bullshit on this one.

cheers

I can see that having any further discussion with you would be a complete and total waste of time. 

Apology not accepted and not one ounce of b.s. Just sharing some personal observation. You are welcome to take it or leave it, and it appears that you left it. Which is fine by me. 

Just don't expect me to show up to your next covid swap piss fest. I'm not exactly looking forward to be breathing through a tube anytime soon.

• Thumbs Up 4

20 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Wrong.  State of MEDICAL emergency in 8 cities.

Just read the rules for those cities. Getting more and more ridiculous.  No family meeting of more than 6 persons... FFS, with 3 kids we were a family of.already 5 ! 

Recommend to wear masks and pratice social distancing during family meetings..... No more hugging, kissing , etc when meeting family . Etc...

My answer : f**k them. Anyway can't see how they can come check that, as police can not enter one's home without my approval if they don't have a search warrant. 

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

I'm just saying, it's of no surprise to me that many members who live in Thailand or nearby don't take Covid too seriously, i mean, why would they, there's little or none of it there. 

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

My answer : f**k them.

Nailed it!

5 hours ago, coxyhog said:

So, I had a look ....

https://geodes.santepubliquefrance.fr/#bbox=-804689,6700551,2506684,1721490&c=indicator&f=0&i=covid_hospit.rea&s=2020-10-14&t=a01&view=map2

You can hover the mouse over cities or departments, it will show you the number of patients in reanimation or intensive care for Covid.  

Comment from the Toulouse hospital (50 cases at the moment) :

"As in the first wave, the majority of patients are over 60 years old, overweight, have diabetes and high blood pressure. The young people we care for almost all have obesity problems. Some patients have no history, but those who die have comorbidities. During the first wave, the mortality rate was 10%, so far it is too early to say whether it will rise or fall."

Again : Nothing new on the Covid front, except more political non-sense.

Also don't forget that in France we'll have presidential elections in 2022. Macron need to put a bit of a show on already showing how good he handled this !

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I can see that having any further discussion with you would be a complete and total waste of time. 

Apology not accepted and not one ounce of b.s. Just sharing some personal observation. You are welcome to take it or leave it, and it appears that you left it. Which is fine by me. 

Just don't expect me to show up to your next covid swap piss fest. I'm not exactly looking forward to be breathing through a tube anytime soon.

So you say that you were crook...went to a hospital and in your words..... "As I waited I watched as the vans pullup - one after another after another got out, many were directly dropped onto gurneys. It was like a fucking production line. I saw one taken out in a body bag as I watched the others rolling in."

You were then taken as a precaution to another building and in your words....... "He drove us around the corner where we got out with our paperwork. The other couple walked up first as I stood near the van. I watched.... then I realized they were going to a covid test site. f**k this...."

As for the apology ..retracted.... as if as you claim you were in a place that had Covid... you were then taken to a building to get a test but decided to just F##k off out into the public domain ... well that says alot about you.

As for not showing up at our next covid swap piss fest at our lovely Issan cements tables....all are welcome by the way ..... but in your case bring along a negative test result before sitting down and we have a special place/seat for some people when they join us and where you will fit right in.....called bullshit corner.

Have a nice day.

cheers 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Krapow said:

I'm just saying, it's of no surprise to me that many members who live in Thailand or nearby don't take Covid too seriously, i mean, why would they, there's little or none of it there. 

I can only speak about where I live here in Thailand and the trips I do every few weeks  .... and what I see here is that the majority all take the precautionary steps that are put in place..... even if they personally think that some of it is not warranted. 

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Krapow said:

But Code, why would that boggle your mind, or does that not tell you something?

The way Thailand and many South East Asian countries, and China etc have dealt with Covid  has been good in dealing with it. They hit it hard, and the hit it super fast. They had experience from SARS  and bird flu, they had a much more compliant population who listened and took heed, probably helped by the history of having SARS and bird flu. They had a good working test, track and trace, big buy in on the App etc.

It's undoubtedly worked for them, and they are getting their economies going again and a sense of normality. Even if people don't believe the Thailand numbers, your post above just shows no matter, they dealt with it well. While in Liverpool in the UK just today over 90% of ICU beds are already full with Covid patients, and we're not even into Winter yet. 

I mean, to me it's not really surprising that in the main most of the people posting on this thread who are dismissive of or don't take Covid seriously either live in Thailand or other Asian countries. I'd maybe not take it too seriously either if i lived in Thailand where there is little or none of it about, while i'm strolling on or fishing from the beach or whatever. 

But i don't, i live in the UK, where at the height in April there were over 1000 Covid deaths a day until they finally instilled a lockdown like what the Asian countries had already did ages before. Where if you have a heart attack, stroke, car accident, or any other life threatening thing happen to you in Liverpool next week, you could be in trouble if there is no resources to treat you. The UK is posting very big numbers now, indeed all over Europe they are posting record numbers in cases. And of course hospital and deaths are going up as well.  Liverpool's just the start in the UK, sadly. Wait to see where we are this time next month if the current measures don't work. 

Really, it's night and day, the difference in how Asian countries have dealt with Covid, compared to Europe and the US. And it clearly shows.

I'm not looking for or will get into a debate or argument about Covid, it's been done to death on this thread, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

But it's different if you're living somewhere where the hospitals are already starting to fill up with Covid patients, where it's posting daily record numbers, where undoubtedly that's going to equate to deaths. 

Yea Bro ... I agree with everything you said .....

I don't see any news from the UK, France, Spain, etc... just little snippets now and again ... not much or simply no Wuhan virus news  ..... I had no idea about how  bad it has gotten there .....

It boggled my mind because I really didn't believe it was so bad there .... and wondered why the doctor would deny Boydeste simple blood work ......

On 10/9/2020 at 8:30 PM, Krapow said:

Got this in the post earlier.

Will I do it, or is it some sort of psyops to actually give me Covid, a microchip to control me, LSD or make me pregnant!

thumbnail_IMAG2104_LI.jpg

Got the same late yesterday, was there on the doormat when I went to put the bins out- sounds a bit suspicious with Ms Beaver in on the plot. 

And can there really be a Lord Romford🤔 Going to try to sign up online in a bit, any mention of Colonel Mustard and I'm out of there.

The witch-hunt has started ..... (source Ouest France newspaper)

"Searches were carried out on Thursday (October 15th) at the home and offices of Health Minister Olivier Véran as part of a judicial inquiry opened by the Court of Justice of the Republic on the management of the coronavirus crisis. Further searches were carried out at the home of the Director General of Health Jérôme Salomon."

"A series of searches were carried out on Thursday morning as part of a judicial inquiry opened by the Court of Justice of the Republic on the management of the coronavirus crisis. Olivier Véran's home and offices were visited by investigators, the ministry said in a statement. Ditto the Director General of Health Jerome Salomon. These operations were carried out "without difficulty," the same source said.

According to franceinfo and RMC/BFMTV , former members of the government Édouard Philippe, Agnès Buzyn and Sibeth N'Diaye were also targeted in this series of searches."

Note : Edouard Philippe was the former P.M. , replaced a few months ago.

And tell me now this is not all and purely a political circus ?  They should all step out of this thing and let doctors do their job.

Smart people....

https://amp.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/hong-kong-economy/article/3105607/coronavirus-hong-kong-singapore-set-reveal

Hong Kong is forming a quarantine-free travel bubble with Singapore. Photo: Xiaomei Chen

Coronavirus: Hong Kong, Singapore reach agreement in principle on ‘world’s first’ two-way, quarantine-free travel bubble

• Arrangement eliminates quarantine requirements for residents of both cities, requires travellers to prove they have tested negative for coronavirus
  •  
  • Thumbs Up 1