COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

The witch-hunt has started ..... (source Ouest France newspaper)

"Searches were carried out on Thursday (October 15th) at the home and offices of Health Minister Olivier Véran as part of a judicial inquiry opened by the Court of Justice of the Republic on the management of the coronavirus crisis. Further searches were carried out at the home of the Director General of Health Jérôme Salomon."

"A series of searches were carried out on Thursday morning as part of a judicial inquiry opened by the Court of Justice of the Republic on the management of the coronavirus crisis. Olivier Véran's home and offices were visited by investigators, the ministry said in a statement. Ditto the Director General of Health Jerome Salomon. These operations were carried out "without difficulty," the same source said.

According to franceinfo and RMC/BFMTV , former members of the government Édouard Philippe, Agnès Buzyn and Sibeth N'Diaye were also targeted in this series of searches."

Note : Edouard Philippe was the former P.M. , replaced a few months ago.

And tell me now this is not all and purely a political circus ?  They should all step out of this thing and let doctors do their job.

One of the main.problem of this story is that the government who pretend to control the situation is hereby showing its internal problems and completely discredit high ranking officials who are still in position.

So, or you remove and replace them immediately (which is admitting their actions were wrong) or you wait till all this is over and investigate then.  In both cases the government loses all credibility.

https://news.usni.org/2020/10/14/u-k-ballistic-missile-sub-crew-suffers-covid-19-outbreak-after-visit-to-u-s-sub-base

U.K. Ballistic Missile Sub Crew Suffers COVID-19 Outbreak After Visit to U.S. Sub Base

Now, the same subject presented by an English newsrag ....:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8837335/amp/Quarter-crew-3billion-nuclear-submarine-dubbed-test-positive-coronavirus.html

Quarter of crew on £3billion nuclear submarine dubbed 'HMS sex and cocaine' test positive for coronavirus after defying orders and going drinking at bars and strip clubs near US naval base

Can be proud of English press .....🙈🙈🙈🙈

3 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

https://news.usni.org/2020/10/14/u-k-ballistic-missile-sub-crew-suffers-covid-19-outbreak-after-visit-to-u-s-sub-base

U.K. Ballistic Missile Sub Crew Suffers COVID-19 Outbreak After Visit to U.S. Sub Base

Now, the same subject presented by an English newsrag ....:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8837335/amp/Quarter-crew-3billion-nuclear-submarine-dubbed-test-positive-coronavirus.html

Quarter of crew on £3billion nuclear submarine dubbed 'HMS sex and cocaine' test positive for coronavirus after defying orders and going drinking at bars and strip clubs near US naval base

Can be proud of English press .....🙈🙈🙈🙈

Is the point you're trying to make is UK rags use full sentence headlines to report the same info because their readers are too lazy to read the full text of an article?

5 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Is the point you're trying to make is UK rags use full sentence headlines to report the same info because their readers are too lazy to read the full text of an article?

"Too lazy" is not the words I would use .....😁😁😁

So China just tested about 6 million people in 3 or 4 days.

That's the difference, get on top of it super fast.

Even if you don't believe those exact figures or timescale, you just know it will be a huge amount of people in a very short time, test and isolate if needed to get on top it straight away.

Try that is the UK or US and 2 million would refuse squealing about personal freedoms or that Bill Gates had laced the swabs with miniature robots that build 5G masks on your tonsils, or some other equally logical reason!

They walk among us 🙄

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Even if you don't believe those exact figures or timescale, you just know it will be a huge amount of people in a very short time, test and isolate if needed to get on top it straight away.

Try that is the UK or US and 2 million would refuse squealing about personal freedoms or that Bill Gates had laced the swabs with miniature robots that build 5G masks on your tonsils, or some other equally logical reason!

They walk among us 🙄

The difference between a totalitarian state & a democracy.Unfortunately sometimes a democracy allows too many freedoms.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

They walk & drink among us 🙄

FIFY

Most of urban China is light years ahead of the west in terms of technology, transportation and safety.  Health care is not as readily accessible. Probably one of the reasons they want to avoid any major outbreaks. The hospitals they built in Wuhan back in Jan/Feb were impressive developments nonetheless. Chinese people toe  the line when the gov't says so. I've spent some time there the past few years. It's quite different than some would want us to believe. Fun to travel around, great food, friendly women.

Testing & tracing are imperative for finding and isolating the virus. Basic public health. 

Much of the US is "out of control" now. Not just urban battlegrounds shown on TV campaign ads, but also in the countryside. People are armed to the teeth -- combined with readily available opioids and a sinking economy -- desperation has set in. Many people are restless, hungry &/or out on the interstates looking for new pastures. I see homeless encampments around everywhere (& they all carry knives). A portion of the states are also doing better than ever (funny country sometimes in this respect).

The pubs where I live & drink have all built outdoor "parklets" so people can drink and socialize outside. Most people wear masks -- when not drinking -- and infections are low. We have very mild winters and there should not be another "infection wave" like is already happening in other parts of the US .

The second pic below is of a questionable guy -- a feral skateboarder -- who walked up very close to me (<1m) in the park last weekend.
If I hadn't been sitting down I would have walked away from him before he got close. The do walk among us.

20201014-IMG_8652.jpg

20201004-IMG_7505-2.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

They walk among us 🙄

Not sure about your numbers....

https://asiatimes.com/2020/10/chinas-qingdao-city-completes-covid-19-sampling/

Also we dont know about the method use. Likely "group" sampling ?

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

FIFY

Most of urban China is light years ahead of the west in terms of technology, transportation and safety.  Health care is not as readily accessible. Probably one of the reasons they want to avoid any major outbreaks. The hospitals they built in Wuhan back in Jan/Feb were impressive developments nonetheless. Chinese people toe  the line when the gov't says so. I've spent some time there the past few years. It's quite different than some would want us to believe. Fun to travel around, great food, friendly women.

Testing & tracing are imperative for finding and isolating the virus. Basic public health. 

Much of the US is "out of control" now. Not just urban battlegrounds shown on TV campaign ads, but also in the countryside. People are armed to the teeth -- combined with readily available opioids and a sinking economy -- desperation has set in. Many people are restless, hungry &/or out on the interstates looking for new pastures. I see homeless encampments around everywhere (& they all carry knives). A portion of the states are also doing better than ever (funny country sometimes in this respect).

The pubs where I live & drink have all built outdoor "parklets" so people can drink and socialize outside. Most people wear masks -- when not drinking -- and infections are low. We have very mild winters and there should not be another "infection wave" like is already happening in other parts of the US .

The second pic below is of a questionable guy -- a feral skateboarder -- who walked up very close to me (<1m) in the park last weekend.
If I hadn't been sitting down I would have walked away from him before he got close. The do walk among us.

20201014-IMG_8652.jpg

20201004-IMG_7505-2.jpg

Is that Mr Soze's bar?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Not sure about your numbers....

https://asiatimes.com/2020/10/chinas-qingdao-city-completes-covid-19-sampling/

Also we dont know about the method use. Likely "group" sampling ?

Yea, i said 'about' as figures out of China always deserve scrutiny. 

By your link, it says 11 Million, even more impressive. It also says over 10 million samples of the collected samples had been tested by Friday morning. 

Also says this, which kinda reiterates what i'm saying -

The global economy is expected to contract by 4.4% this year due to the pandemic, the International Monetary Fund said in its latest World Economic Outlook report. Meanwhile, China’s economy will grow by 1.9% this year, 0.9 percentage point above its June forecast, according to the report.

19 minutes ago, Krapow said:

The global economy is expected to contract by 4.4% this year due to the pandemic, the International Monetary Fund said in its latest World Economic Outlook report. Meanwhile, China’s economy will grow by 1.9% this year, 0.9 percentage point above its June forecast, according to the report.

China will soon becomes the 1st economic power in the world, no doubt about that.

Just for the Covid story, check where most of the mask, protection gear, etc used in the West came from ? Full special chartered planes of it.

More information...

Why the coronavirus is killing more men than women

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2020/10/17/coronavirus-men-immune-system/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F2c31aa0%2F5f8b1d749d2fda0efb4c97ab%2F5eab20799bbc0f3a78533afa%2F8%2F67%2F3eec2cecd1e611048796af46afc5e027

Men have weaker immune systems that, in some cases, may actually sabotage the body’s response to an invader. But social and cultural factors may also play a role.

"...Broadly speaking, men may be less likely to be worried about covid-19 than women, fitting the pattern that women generally treat health risks more seriously. Women took a more cautious approach to the disease, a recent poll found, expressing more concern they could return to workplaces safely. Women are also more likely to follow expert advice such as mask-wearing and social distancing, according to another study that included surveys and observations of pedestrians’ behavior in New York, Connecticut and New Jersey..."

Capture.JPG

Edited by lazarus

I hadn't realized mink could also catch and pass on C19 to humans.

Coronavirus could drive the last nail into the mink fur trade

A recent study conducted in the Netherlands found "strong evidence" that at least two people from four mink farms in the country contracted coronavirus from the animals, and study co-author Marion Koopmans, a virologist at ErasmusMC in Rotterdam, said that her team's research has confirmed mink-to-human transmission.
Studies have shown that ferrets are susceptible to coronavirus, so researchers in the Netherlands decided to look into the taxonomically similar mink during a routine animal testing program, said Koopmans.
"Researchers found that mink do transmit Covid-19 to each other more easily than other animals, Koopmans said. "It is amazing how easily this virus spreads in mink," she said.