COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

39 minutes ago, Krapow said:

You can't, that's the reality. 

If it was that easy, they'd already be doing it, whether in the UK, Spain, France, the US or wherever.

They did it in Sweden. Now reversing course, you can't lock up the old people for months and months without creating mental problems, who than in turn will develop in health problems.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bazle said:

So you think anyone who is in a vulnerable group (e.g. old, overweight, diabetic, etc.) should self isolate? Apparently, that is about 30% of the country, and will include essential workers.

Adults living in a free country are not incarcerated!

I’m old, diabetic, overweight, extremely vulnerable due to many underlying medical problems and I’ve been in self imposed lockdown since before Christmas. 
Christ, I haven’t been to my local pub since mid December!

With the exception of doctors and hospital visits, I’ve not been out socially, unless getting a car MOT’D counts as going out socially and we’ve not had friends over to mix socially. 
The wife does all the shopping and anything else that requires mixing with others. I can still walk in the countryside at the bottom of the garden, potter in my shed fixing stuff, read books and listen to music and imbibe in a decent bottle of Merlot. 
To be honest, I don’t mind it that much, as I find plenty of things to do about the place and I have my wife and son to fill my waking hours.

People worry about lockdown and how it may affect their mental health, well, I’m still standing, mainly because I consider myself reasonably intelligent and 

I DON’T LET LOCKDOWN GET TO ME.

Christ, it’s not that difficult to do.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

46 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

The wife does all the shopping and anything else that requires mixing with others

That's the part I would have a problem with.

Mentally (i have always been a very active person) and sentimentally (I would feel like she is my maid) 

Now dont take this bad, I understand that at some point or age when one considers the risks one may judge it's not worth taking them.

Personally I continue my live normally. But all this masked zombies, all the shit I read in the papers slowly get on my nerves. 

But, OK, I know I cant complain. I live in a nice sunny place where most people take this very relaxed, I have no health problem, and being retired I haven't been impacted financially.

47 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

That's the part I would have a problem with.

Mentally (i have always been a very active person) and sentimentally (I would feel like she is my maid) 

It was her decision and if you knew my wife, then you would know she’s nobodies “maid”. 👌

She is twice as intelligent as me and has 10 times as much money as me. 🤗

She understands that I’m in the highly vulnerable group and that my life insurance all goes to her in the event I die, but she still wants me in lockdown. 😀

19 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

It was her decision and if you knew my wife, then you would know she’s nobodies “maid”. 👌

She is twice as intelligent as me and has 10 times as much money as me. 🤗

She understands that I’m in the highly vulnerable group and that my life insurance all goes to her in the event I die, but she still wants me in lockdown. 😀

Unless you are currently homeschooling your son , not so sure what you are doing would be considered as a lockdown... obviously you are still reducing your risks 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Bazle said:

Exactly how are you going to "shield the vulnerable"?

For example, suppose you have a family in which mother is obese, or one of the kids has diabetes?

That's what the rule of 6 and households being banned from mixing are aimed at surely.  Won't eliminate risk but will reduce it as with all the other rules

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Unless you are currently homeschooling your son , not so sure what you are doing would be considered as a lockdown... obviously you are still reducing your risks 

No he’s back at school, but they are running much reduced class sizes of 15 max in each class, all movement between classes is no longer via internal corridors, but is managed with outside exits and entrances into each classroom and all other extra curricular activities have been cancelled. No use of changing rooms before PE or games, so they go to school in their PE kits and wear them all day. All PE is now done outside, even if it’s raining. 
Plus all the other safety procedures that are being strictly enforced in the school. 
Perhaps not a complete  “lockdown” I agree, but it’s the best we can do, given the circumstances.
Bearing in mind, someone (the wife) has to do some shopping, the rest we get delivered.  

So all in all, I think we’re doing quite well, touch wood.🤪

Ps, we’ve still got a small supply of toilet rolls locked in the safe. 🤗

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Phone call from my brother yesterday. The school his kids go to had an "incident" yesterday...

Kid (not one of his) sent home on Monday showing symptoms.  Tested Tuesday. By Thursday  kid felt fine, was bored at home, parents were bored of kid at home, but no test result. Kid returned to school.

Mid morning, parents received test result. POSITIVE. 

Kid removed rapidly, and 60 of their year group also sent home to isolate. If kid hadn't returned on Thursday it would have been 15 sent home to isolate. 

• Sad 4

Ive been reading lately and viewing a video of some folks receiving their test kits,swabbin puddles,dogs,fresh air not doing any swab at all and just stickin the test swab back in tube,results have been coming back positive,dont know about agendas but somethings certainly wrong with test kits and some in gov facilitys have accepted this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I went to the food festival on beach road tonight.....

About 95% of Thais were wearing masks

And about 80% of farang were wearing masks.

I am VERY disappointed...

The more people that wear masks the longer the Covid nightmare will go on...

I was thinking it might be over in 2023 but now I am thinking more like 2025......

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 1

Covid19 accounted for only 1.7% of deaths in the UK during the month of September. It was 19th on the list of causes of death. How can anyone possibly begin to justify the current restrictions? 

https://amp.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/coronavirus/covid-19-not-in-top-10-leading-causes-of-deaths-across-england-and-wales/?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, fforest said:

I went to the food festival on beach road tonight.....

About 95% of Thais were wearing masks

And about 80% of farang were wearing masks.

I am VERY disappointed...

The more people that wear masks the longer the Covid nightmare will go on...

I was thinking it might be over in 2023 but now I am thinking more like 2025......

I'm guessing the reason for the higher % you saw was they were actively enforcing mask wearing. Same as when entering a store. On the other hand you'll see the opposite on any given night walking around the Buakhao area.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm guessing the reason for the higher % you saw was they were actively enforcing mask wearing. Same as when entering a store. On the other hand you'll see the opposite on any given night walking around the Buakhao area.

The Buakhao area is just bar girls and hard core expats.....The food festival was mostly just regular people.....And I did not see any mask enforcement, people were wearing them voluntarily...

I sat on a bench maskless next to about 4 cops chatting away and not a word was said to me....

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, fforest said:

The Buakhao area is just bar girls and hard core expats.....The food festival was mostly just regular people.....And I did not see any mask enforcement, people were wearing them voluntarily...

I sat on a bench maskless next to about 4 cops chatting away and not a word was said to me....

Scared of you..?

😉

10 minutes ago, fforest said:

I passed by the festival this morning while they were still setting up and it looked to me like they had controlled access points. Were they using them and doing temp checks? If they were, I would expect that at that point they would insist on masks being worn to enter the area.

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

I passed by the festival this morning while they were still setting up and it looked to me like they had controlled access points. Were they using them and doing temp checks? If they were, I would expect that at that point they would insist on masks being worn to enter the area.

Well I avoided to temp nonsense so I dont know what was or was not said at the checkpoint..

1 minute ago, Thai Spice said:

If they did 1 million tests per week, you would see the numbers.....

But of course they abstain of doing that. 

Mainly curious about all the temperature taking and mask wearing.

If there is "zero" Covid cases, or even just a few isolated outbreaks, why all the precautions?

Could it be..?

1 minute ago, lazarus said:

Mainly curious about all the temperature taking and mask wearing.

If there is "zero" Covid cases, or even just a few isolated outbreaks, why all the precautions?

Could it be..?

The "precautions" are total B.S. ...   

Did you ever hear about anybody being temp check positive anywhere ? Of course not, if it happens the business will gently and quietly deny access to the premises, the person will go home (or go shopping elsewhere) and that's it.

Just start to do mass testing..... and you'll see numbers in the thousands.

Remember that of all the "positives" (the mega numbers you read every day in the media) only a very small % turns sick and will need medical attention. And of that infime small number, only a very small % will end up in.reanimation. And of those admitted in rea, only a very small number will die.

Anyway, sitting at the gym's bar enjoying a beer. Plenty people around, chatting, and nobody wears a mask.  But then again, its the gym... so everybody is healthy ! 

36 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Remember that of all the "positives" (the mega numbers you read every day in the media) only a very small % turns sick and will need medical attention. And of that infime small number, only a very small % will end up in.reanimation. And of those admitted in rea, only a very small number will die.

And 100% of the true positives are capable of infecting 1, 2, 10, 20... people, some of whom will become sick and will need medical attention...