COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Numbers here in good old British Columbia are starting to rise again,but we have stayed steady on Vancouver Island.

Whats crazy is,everyone thinks the border to the US is closed.

One of my tenants is Enterprise rental cars,and the amount of Americans here renting cars is astronomical.

Ive been on site building,for 2 months now and it’s a steady stream.
our numbers

91FF9912-1FCA-4002-BBB2-A1DCD2AEA7A5.png

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

49 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Numbers here in good old British Columbia are starting to rise again,but we have stayed steady on Vancouver Island.

Whats crazy is,everyone thinks the border to the US is closed.

One of my tenants is Enterprise rental cars,and the amount of Americans here renting cars is astronomical.

Ive been on site building,for 2 months now and it’s a steady stream.
our numbers

91FF9912-1FCA-4002-BBB2-A1DCD2AEA7A5.png

Got family currently in Whistler..hows it looking there. Cheers

Edited by Washedup
Spelling

58 minutes ago, Washedup said:

Got family currently in Whistler..hows it looking there. Cheers

I believeWhistler is in the Island Health Region,things are ok there.

We had a few cases in Nanaimo hospital which is the big spike for us.

Whislter is good.👍👍

• Great Info 1

Just in time for ski season... ⛷️

All of Switzerland’s intensive care beds are full.

Switzerland has reached capacity in its intensive care wards, a national medical association said Tuesday. The group urged people who are especially vulnerable to the coronavirus to consider writing a living will, specifying whether they would want to be put on life support.

All of the country’s 876 adult intensive care beds, which are certified by the Swiss Society of Intensive Care Medicine, “are currently completely full,” the society said in a statement on Tuesday.

The country, with a population of 8.5 million, has seen new infections explode recently, with more than 83,500 reported since Nov. 3, according to government figures. In that same period, 986 people have died.

Switzerland has been reluctant to introduce far-reaching measures to prevent the spread of the virus, and images from the country’s ski resorts have shown people packed together, most without face masks, as they wait for lifts up the mountain, despite a requirement to wear nose and mouth coverings in crowded public spaces...

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11/17/world/covid-19-coronavirus?type=styln-live-updates&label=coronavirus&index=0&action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage#chuck-grassley-the-oldest-senate-republican-tests-positive-for-the-virus

1,707 coronavirus deaths were reported in 1 day... in the USA

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/18/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

At this rate, coronavirus is killing at least one American every minute of the day.

At least 1,707 new Covid-19 deaths were reported Tuesday, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. That's the highest daily death toll since May 14.

And it's only going to get worse, said Dr. Jonathan Reiner, a professor at George Washington University School of Medicine.

"The horrible death count that we saw yesterday in the United States ... reflects the number of people who were being infected three weeks ago -- two to three weeks ago, because that's the lag," Reiner said Wednesday...

Edited by lazarus
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

1,707 coronavirus deaths were reported in 1 day... in the USA

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/18/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

At this rate, coronavirus is killing at least one American every minute of the day.

At least 1,707 new Covid-19 deaths were reported Tuesday, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. That's the highest daily death toll since May 14.

And it's only going to get worse, said Dr. Jonathan Reiner, a professor at George Washington University School of Medicine.

"The horrible death count that we saw yesterday in the United States ... reflects the number of people who were being infected three weeks ago -- two to three weeks ago, because that's the lag," Reiner said Wednesday...

Get that vaccine going asap

• Thumbs Up 1

Well,I spoke too soon.

Goverment stopped all unessential travel today here in BC.

Looks like we are heading for another lockdown I would say.

My gym that I own has been a big loss this year financially,but the good news for us is,we are just about to open a new Liquor Store.😁

all in all to be honest,we’ve been lucky here.It fucking sucks,but I for one,can’t wait for the vaccine to start.Get it to the old fuckers first.....and I mean all,of them.

Comoared to the rest of the world,so far we’ve done ok.

If we can just hang on till March,April....it should be good by then?

Edited by Skalliwag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skalliwag said:

Well,I spoke too soon.

My gym that I own has been a big loss this year financially,but the good news for us is,we are just about to open a new Liquor Store.😁

all in all to be honest,we’ve been lucky here.It fucking sucks,but I for one,can’t wait for the vaccine to start.Get it to the old fuckers first.....and I mean all,of them.

Just saw the news that the YT gov't is closing our borders to all non-essential traffic as of the 20th, so I guess our YT-BC bubble is burst for now....I suppose it was inevitable...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

Well,I spoke too soon.

Hang on in there..come spring we should be in a much better place..oh got a picture from my family Whistler..winter wonderland!

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

Well,I spoke too soon.

What will this new lockdown mean for the start of the ski season in BC?

10 hours ago, Washedup said:

Oxford vaccine showing great data..results in coming weeks. But showing excellent immunity response in older people. Great news 

https://time.com/5912966/pfizer-vaccine-fda-authorization/

Please note this part

It’s worth noting that the vaccine was tested for its effectiveness in protecting against symptoms of COVID-19, and not protecting against infection with the coronavirus. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

On 11/18/2020 at 7:35 PM, maipenrai said:

Just saw the news that the YT gov't is closing our borders to all non-essential traffic as of the 20th, so I guess our YT-BC bubble is burst for now....I suppose it was inevitable...

14 hours ago, Sherlock said:

What will this new lockdown mean for the start of the ski season in BC?

18 hours ago, Washedup said:

Hang on in there..come spring we should be in a much better place..oh got a picture from my family Whistler..winter wonderland!

Thanks guys.

they came out today with mandatory masks,and some rules about not having anyone over to your house....or something like that.🤣🤣

You can’t have anyone over to the house,but restaurants open,and our Dr Bonnie Henry said that we ski season is fine...get her done.

I have no idea..it’s fucking exhausting trying to keep up.

We are allowed to stay open T the gym,but we are making it mandatory that members wear masks.

They are going to revisit the decision on the 7th December.

Im so fucking busy ATM,that i simply can’t keep up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Thanks guys.

they came out today with mandatory masks,and some rules about not having anyone over to your house....or something like that.🤣🤣

You can’t have anyone over to the house,but restaurants open,and our Dr Bonnie Henry said that we ski season is fine...get her done.

I have no idea..it’s fucking exhausting trying to keep up.

We are allowed to stay open T the gym,but we are making it mandatory that members wear masks.

They are going to revisit the decision on the 7th December.

Im so fucking busy ATM,that i simply can’t keep up.

As a gym owner you might be interested in this article.

A gym trainer exposed 50 athletes to Covid-19, but no one else got sick because of a ventilation redesign

• Like 1