COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

So, a quick look at the news this morning (Bali time) 

- France health minister says he expect the spread of the virus to become uncontrollable after N.Y. because people will socialize during that period

- France's health minister says they will maybe need to call for a stricter  curfew in some areas.  Curfew to start at 6.00 pm. He beats what the German did during WW2..

- From The Guardian (but same in other media) : Bloody French ...😁😁😁😂😂😂😂. Anyway so much for the miracle solution by "mass vacinatio.".

"Only four in 10 people in France plan to get Covid vaccine

Just four in 10 people in France want to have a vaccination against Covid-19, a poll showed Tuesday, as concern also grows over the slow start to the country’s immunisation campaign.

According to the poll by Ipsos Global Advisor in partnership with the World Economic Forum, just 40% of French people want to have the vaccine.

This puts it behind even other laggards like Russia on 43% and South Africa on 53%, let alone those countries where eagerness to have the vaccine is high such as China on 80% and Britain on 77%.

Fear of side-effects is the reason most often given for not wanting the vaccine, according to the poll.

In the United States, where a mass vaccination campaign has now begun in earnest, 69% of people now want the vaccine, a rise on October."

- WHO officially warns us "You haven't seen anything yet, the next one will be worse". Good to see the experts being optimistic !

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2020/dec/29/who-warns-covid-19-pandemic-is-not-necessarily-the-big-one-video

But I dont give a hoot about all that...Worst is my.portfolio is down 3,8 % last night 😥😥😥😥 and I have a dentist appointment this afternoon...

Anyway, breakfast and morning swim ! No need to panic !

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Well, globally them "advisers" and "scientist" haven't impressed me yet.

Maybe somebody should send all of them a few books concerning :

- The art of management

- basic 101 about communication

Impressing you is the last of their worries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, coxyhog said:

That was meant like "us, the people" of which I am part.

At least they could try to be efficient.....

Which they definitively are NOT !

Of course all they care is not impressing the people, but just their bosses and working on their future political careers....

Who gives a shit about the people ? 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Can you stop quoting him please.

I only see his posts when someone quotes him.🤣🤣🤣
it’s either endless drivel,or in this case,an excellent burn.👍👍

Edited by Skalliwag
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

Democracy at it's best ..

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/29/spain-to-keep-registry-of-people-who-refuse-covid-vaccine

"Spain’s health minister has said the country will create a vaccination registry that will include those who refuse to be vaccinated against Covid-19, yielding a document that could potentially be shared with other countries in Europe."

Now, that a country's medical or health system keeps a record of vaccinations seems rather normal

But that a police or other "surveillance organisation" does it, is not acceptable.

That ANY organisation or government keeps a record of people who turned down the vaccination is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE and has no justification at all, except for later punishment or retaliation in one or other form.

And that a government would share any of the above records with another country is completely out of order.

it are this kind of actions / decisions that clearly show governments dont give a shit anymore about ethics, their only target is total submission and control of the population.

And considering all the "good" citizens applaud with both hands when taking it in the ass, I cant see the governments stopping this "new world" 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Can you stop quoting him please.

I only see his posts when someone quotes him.🤣🤣🤣
it’s either endless drivel,or in this case,an excellent burn.👍👍

Hahaha Skalli, how you're doing mate ? How is the view from the basement ?

Anyway I can write what I want, he dont read.it....

44 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Democracy at it's best ..

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/29/spain-to-keep-registry-of-people-who-refuse-covid-vaccine

"Spain’s health minister has said the country will create a vaccination registry that will include those who refuse to be vaccinated against Covid-19, yielding a document that could potentially be shared with other countries in Europe."

Now, that a country's medical or health system keeps a record of vaccinations seems rather normal

But that a police or other "surveillance organisation" does it, is not acceptable.

That ANY organisation or government keeps a record of people who turned down the vaccination is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE and has no justification at all, except for later punishment or retaliation in one or other form.

And that a government would share any of the above records with another country is completely out of order.

it are this kind of actions / decisions that clearly show governments dont give a shit anymore about ethics, their only target is total submission and control of the population.

And considering all the "good" citizens applaud with both hands when taking it in the ass, I cant see the governments stopping this "new world" 

Democracy at it's best....sounds like the EU to me....😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I really am amazed that some of you guys are not in government as you obviously know far more about this pandemic than do our elected representatives & their scientific & medical advisors😂

Isn't it amazing how the Monday morning Quarterbacks are all over this thread? 

It's a novel virus, but they know it all! 😂

If we could produce a decent lockdown instead of half-assed we might have had a chance last Spring. Unfortunate that snowflakes were bitching about restrictions less than 7 days after the first lockdown. Especially the ones that never wore a mask, but bitch about everyone else that does. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I really am amazed that some of you guys are not in government as you obviously know far more about this pandemic than do our elected representatives & their scientific & medical advisors😂

5 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Do you not think it is more like the unknown ie the virus going forwards?

So what would you do?

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Maybe because they are dealing with something unprecedented which keeps changing?

Perhaps they should recruit some advisors from Facebook,or from Thailand247?

3 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Some people get it, there's hope yet.

For those who think a vaccine will solve everything in 6 months, I recommend this lecture from The Lancet.

OK, It's 2 months old, but that doesn't change anything on the principle.

Challenges in creating herd immunity to SARS-CoV-2 infection by mass vaccination - The Lancet

It's it bit more hard to read than The Sun, but if a stupid non native English speaker like me managed to understand it, it should be a walk in the park for you ?

You can download it as pdf as well.

For those who understand French, "Le Monde" has a decent video summary of the process on Youtube.

It never ceases to fascinate me how some people are so scared of Covid that they spend their time searching for material that supports their view "nothing does anything so there is no point in doing anything".

When my number for vaccination comes up I'll be there because (based on current data)

• It will protect me against disease 95%.
  • It will protect me against severe disease 100%.

Thus I'll also be protected against the selfish who's only concern is their share portfolio and the foolish who see the rules of lockdown as more like suggestions.

Whether it contributes herd immunity (or herd mentality) I really couldn't give a fuk.

Published data already says that recipients of the Oxford and Moderna vaccines have shown positive swabs for viral RNA post vaccination so vaccination probably doesn't protect against infection. Whether this means that the vaccinated can still be infectious remains to be determined although I'd say it's better than 50-50 that they are. If that's the case then 100% vaccinated will be required to achieve herd immunity or there will be a Darwinian cull of certain segments of the population.

Roll on March (current timetable for mass vaccinations to commence in Oz).

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fygjam said:

It never ceases to fascinate me how some people are so scared of Covid that they spend their time searching for material that supports their view "nothing does anything so there is no point in doing anything".

I ain't scared of much, and sure not of some virus....

7 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Thus I'll also be protected against the selfish who's only concern is their share portfolio and the foolish who see the rules of lockdown as more like suggestions

My portfolio ain't my only concern. Price of whisky and wine is also one.

To each his priorities..... for some it is the opening or closing of gogo bars, so what ?

At the end we all die, so live YOUR live like YOU want, I dont give a shit, although I can still express my opinions and view. And I live MY life like I want.

And ain't some doom and gloom predicators or wanabee forum sheriffs that are gonna change that !

May the Mercifull protect you and help you with wise posts ....

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

whole thing has been a clusterfuck imho 

Yea Bro .. I totally agree ... I am a little sorry I went off on an earlier post .. but, at the same time not sorry ...

A cluster f**k is being polite ... this whole China virus bullshit has turned into a power "grab" for the politicians and big government ... which makes me fucking angry .... instead of attacking the problem all they are doing is justling for power .. f**k them

I will not follow any of their edicts .. I will live my life the way I choose .. and if anyone gets in my face about the way I choose to live .. f**k them also .. be prepared to fucking fight

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Let's say both groups know equally as little?  One group is wagging their chins here to no effect, the other is wreaking mayhem on their country (whichever one it may be) from predictions and analyses that have proven to be overblown or ill thought out since they started.

Maybe the latter group should learn from their previous mistakes but they don't appear to be doing so.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, fygjam said:

When my number for vaccination comes up I'll be there because (based on current data)

• It will protect me against disease 95%.
  • It will protect me against severe disease 100%.

Thus I'll also be protected against the selfish who's only concern is their share portfolio and the foolish who see the rules of lockdown as more like suggestions.

Whether it contributes herd immunity (or herd mentality) I really couldn't give a fuk.

Published data already says that recipients of the Oxford and Moderna vaccines have shown positive swabs for viral RNA post vaccination so vaccination probably doesn't protect against infection. Whether this means that the vaccinated can still be infectious remains to be determined although I'd say it's better than 50-50 that they are. If that's the case then 100% vaccinated will be required to achieve herd immunity or there will be a Darwinian cull of certain segments of the population.

Roll on March (current timetable for mass vaccinations to commence in Oz).

BTW, did you read the lancet study ?

Or was it too sophisticated ?

3 minutes ago, KWA said:

Maybe the latter group should learn from their previous mistakes but they don't appear to be doing so.

They're locked in an incremental ratchet with no one having the balls to say "Ho, ho, what about we go over this again, but with another approach" ....

3 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

They're locked in an incremental ratchet with no one having the balls to say "Ho, ho, what about we go over this again, but with another approach" ....

I'm hoping that when the second dose of vaccines are administered in the UK we see a change in tactics, which will give some credibility to the delay, delay, delay approach to date.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KWA said:

I'm hoping that when the second dose of vaccines are administered in the UK we see a change in tactics, which will give some credibility to the delay, delay, delay approach to date.

Will they make excuses for a 3rd, 4th and 5th dose?  Probably ... because this whole China virus bullshit is a power grab ....

Why 2 ? .... When all of the big pharma companies are saying that their current vaccine is 95 % ....

4 minutes ago, KWA said:

What I dont understand in the UK, why when an hospital arrives at saturation they dont dispatch patients to hospitals in areas which are less touched by the virus ?

We did it during the 1st wave (medical trains and Air Force planes) , Belgium did it (they have send patients to Germany, and Germany is doing it now as well.

It's not like every region is hit at 100% ?

Any answer ? (Without involving Macron or the EU plse ....) 

8 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

What I dont understand in the UK, why when an hospital arrives at saturation they dont dispatch patients to hospitals in areas which are less touched by the virus ?

We did it during the 1st wave (medical trains and Air Force planes) , Belgium did it (they have send patients to Germany, and Germany is doing it now as well.

It's not like every region is hit at 100% ?

Any answer ? (Without involving Macron or the EU plse ....) 

Well Bro .. LOL .. LOL .. LOL .. how can you not include the little dictator in any conversation about France  .. he is France .. lol .. lol .. lol

You know I am joking ... lol ,, at least Napoleon fought

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

BTW, did you read the lancet study ?

Or was it too sophisticated ?

Who's the one keeps crying "address the post not the poster".

But yes, I skimmed it.

It's only comment.

image.png

Most Comments are commissioned by journal editors

Is it reviewed? Probably only by the editor who commissioned the piece and only to check for spelling and grammar. Certainly not peer reviewed.

Is it based on scientific method and the analysis of data? No!

Still it helps those who want to push the line "nothing does anything so there is no point in doing anything". Some people are  just attracted by shiny baubles this time of year.

On the other hand, if you had understood my post, probably too sophisticated for some, you would have realized that I agreed with the comment. Given the possible vaccine uptake in some areas it is unlikely that herd immunity will be achieved.

So business opportunity, invest in funeral homes and coffin makers.

PS. Roy M Anderson, lead author of the comment and Non-Executive Director of GlaxoSmithKline for 10 years up to June, 2018. Nothing to do with the Glaxo/Sanofi vaccine effort bombing.

Edited by fygjam
  • Sad 1