COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Will they make excuses for a 3rd, 4th and 5th dose?  Probably ... because this whole China virus bullshit is a power grab ....

Why 2 ? .... When all of the big pharma companies are saying that their current vaccine is 95 % ....

All the main vaccines being discussed rely on an initial jab and a booster 4 weeks later and that's where they get their 95% or whatever figures from.  2 doses.

7 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

Isn't it amazing how the Monday morning Quarterbacks are all over this thread? 

Some people think they're as good as Aaron Rogers, Patrick Mahomes or Jim Plunkett.

Edited by fygjam

3 hours ago, KWA said:

All the main vaccines being discussed rely on an initial jab and a booster 4 weeks later and that's where they get their 95% or whatever figures from.  2 doses.

So, tell me, having tested those magic vacines only 6 months, and the world having only 9 month experience / knowledge of C19 how can any of those big pharma boys GUARANTEE what is the duration.of this vacine protection ? 

Because if one says it's one year, it means they have done trials with follow up over a year  ? So, mathematically the vacines having being approved 1.or 2 months ago how can anybody guarantee the duration of their efectiveness ? 

Not my words, plse refer to the study by The Lancet that I posted a few hours ago ....

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KWA said:

Interesting point from the announcement this that the Oxford jab from Jan 4th in the UK

UK seems to be going for the strategy that Blair was after, give as many in the target group the first dose as quickly as possible. Lag between first and the second booster for most will be longer than 4 weeks.

47 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

So, tell me, having tested those magic vacines only 6 months, and the world having only 9 month experience / knowledge of C19 how can any of those big pharma boys GUARANTEE what is the duration.of this vacine protection ? 

Because if one says it's one year, it means they have done trials with follow up over a year  ? So, mathematically the vacines having being approved 1.or 2 months ago how can anybody guarantee the duration of their efectiveness ? 

Not my words, plse refer to the study by The Lancet that I posted a few hours ago ....

Pharmaceutical companies don't guarantee that a paracetamol will work never mind guaranteeing that a vaccine will.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

You really are getting desperate!

Last point first.

The comment in The Lancet was just that. Comment commissioned by the editor, it was NOT a study although the unsophisticated may not be able to tell the difference.

A study involves actually studying something and collecting data, analysis and conclusions.

Please show the data from The Lancet comment.

Next, show us where the big pharma boys have guaranteed the duration of the vaccines. Come on, put up or STFU.

However anyone who knows even a little bit about immunology knows that long lasting immunity requires a good T cell response.

Memory T cells are antigen-specific T cells that remain long-term after an infection has been
eliminated. The memory T cells are quickly converted into large numbers of effector T cells upon
re-exposure to the specific invading antigen, thus providing a rapid response to past infection.

The function of a vaccine is to simulate a past infection.

The manufactures of the 3 vaccines which have an emergency use approval are claiming good T cell response although I don't think they have provided any data. After all the aim of the Phase III vaccine trials was to prove efficacy against disease (which they did). And T cell response is harder to measure compared to B cell response.

The Phase IV trial (mass vaccination of the general population) is when the durability of immunity will be measured.

I know you think that lack of durability data fits in with your "nothing does anything so there is no point in doing anything" approach. It doesn't. Put on your big boy pants and suck it up.

As for me, if it lasts a year then it's the same as the flu vaccination. Anything else is a bonus.

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Sad 1

https://www.aol.com/news/louisiana-congressman-luke-letlow-dead-030127113-042605145.html

Louisiana congressman-elect, 41, dies of COVID-19

U.S. Sen. Bill Cassidy, a Republican and doctor who tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this year and has since recovered, posted in a Twitter video: “It just, just, just, just brings home COVID can kill. For most folks it doesn't, but it truly can. So, as you remember Luke, his widow, his children in your prayers, remember as well to be careful with COVID.”

4 hours ago, KWA said:

Well, I guess I don't read as much as I should .... now it is 2 doses ,, used to be 1 ... WTF do I know ...

I know this though .. they can forget me ... I don't need anything that big governments are pushing down the throats of others ..

18 minutes ago, Bazle said:

https://www.aol.com/news/louisiana-congressman-luke-letlow-dead-030127113-042605145.html

U.S. Sen. Bill Cassidy, a Republican and doctor who tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this year and has since recovered, posted in a Twitter video: “It just, just, just, just brings home COVID can kill. For most folks it doesn't, but it truly can. So, as you remember Luke, his widow, his children in your prayers, remember as well to be careful with COVID.”

Yea, what was the "real" reason ?

How the f**k can you believe anything ... Trump, Macron, Johnson, Barselemi ( Brazil ) .. so , many other have kicked the shit out of this china virus ...

The fucking news and politicians has everyone thinking "doom and gloom" ...

Jeez " trying to stay sober with all of this doom and gloom and I always end up drunk " ... lol

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Did you read the Lancet thing ? 

Simply answer yes or no... Note that I am not pushing things, I didn't ask if you UNDERSTOOD it ...

And, BTW no Aussie asshole tells me to STFU ....

Answered already. Apparently you had trouble understanding the answer.

Keep it up, you may end up on the bench which will have the same effect.

34 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

How the f**k can you believe anything ... Trump, Macron, Johnson, Barselemi ( Brazil ) .. so , many other have kicked the shit out of this china virus ...

The fucking news and politicians has everyone thinking "doom and gloom" ...

Jeez " trying to stay sober with all of this doom and gloom and I always end up drunk " ... lol

Great music and beer always a good time 👍

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

BoJo hardly "kicked the shit" out of Covid-19. If you are interested in the story, it is recounted here: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/17/boris-johnson-and-coronavirus-inside-story-illness

2 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Well, I guess I don't read as much as I should .... now it is 2 doses ,, used to be 1 ... WTF do I know ...

I know this though .. they can forget me ... I don't need anything that big governments are pushing down the throats of others ..

Off the top of my head I can't think of any vaccines that don't require a booster shot.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

What I dont understand in the UK, why when an hospital arrives at saturation they dont dispatch patients to hospitals in areas which are less touched by the virus ?

We did it during the 1st wave (medical trains and Air Force planes) , Belgium did it (they have send patients to Germany, and Germany is doing it now as well.

It's not like every region is hit at 100% ?

Any answer ? (Without involving Macron or the EU plse ....) 

Well, ask a simple technical question, nobody answers....

Say ONE thing about mask or vaccine, you have 10 answers barking ...

FFS !

10 minutes ago, roobob said:

Hey hey.... are you sure he is a genuine Aussie that was born and bred there????

But agree... he needed a retort... he seems to think that everything he puts up is the be all end all and no one should dare have a different opinion or question him,,,,, that is why he has continually played the poster with his usual superior air and cheap name calling against those who do.... aka his idiot comment.

cheers

That's not unique to the covid extremists. They seem to think they are morally superior to anyone who questions anything about what's going on. Here in the UK people are being called bigots if they refuse to wear a mask. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bazle said:

Wow..... finally some good news !