COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

30 minutes ago, roobob said:

Like i said.....probably a discussion for another topic and going by your above post... you have the right topic name for it.

I hope that your taxes do not get raised to cover the bill that is owed to NSW for going your heavy lifting.

Anyway... as said... the discussion is for another topic probably suited to the political section.

cheers

You really like your disinformation don't ya.

The NSW Government is charging domestic travellers and returning NSW residents from from Victoria and all international travellers (other than from New Zealand) for their quarantine accommodation.

https://www.revenue.nsw.gov.au/news-media-releases/covid-19-tax-relief-measures/quarantine-fees

The NSW Government will charge travellers for their hotel quarantine accommodation.

You will still be required to quarantine in government arranged accommodation, unless provided an exemption to self isolate. The NSW Government will invoice you at the end of your stay.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/hotel-quarantine.aspx

2 hours ago, fygjam said:

You really like your disinformation don't ya.

The NSW Government is charging domestic travellers and returning NSW residents from from Victoria and all international travellers (other than from New Zealand) for their quarantine accommodation.

https://www.revenue.nsw.gov.au/news-media-releases/covid-19-tax-relief-measures/quarantine-fees

The NSW Government will charge travellers for their hotel quarantine accommodation.

You will still be required to quarantine in government arranged accommodation, unless provided an exemption to self isolate. The NSW Government will invoice you at the end of your stay.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/hotel-quarantine.aspx

Once again the google expert "cherry picks" articles to give  a false impression on what has/is occurring.

Are you a born and bred Sandgroper???

cheers

• Like 1

Just heard from my cousin in Gloucester that her uncle has died of Covid in hospital. He didn't have it when he went in, which was due to breaking his leg, but he caught it somehow while in the hospital and, being pretty old, it was fatal. RIP Leighton.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

2 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Just heard from my cousin in Gloucester that her uncle has died of Covid in hospital. He didn't have it when he went in, which was due to breaking his leg, but he caught it somehow while in the hospital and, being pretty old, it was fatal. RIP Leighton.

Reminds me of my dad who broke his hip in 2001 aged 79.

Went into hospital,caught MRSA & died.

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Reminds me of my dad who broke his hip in 2001 aged 79.

Went into hospital,caught MRSA & died.

I’m an MRSA carrier and I’ve had 3 operations cancelled when the surgeon was told I was a carrier, while  I was actually in the anaesthetic room waiting for the jab of the white stuff. This happened despite having gone through a week long decontamination process each time!

Twice, the hospital Chief executive wrote letters of apology to me, saying “the surgeons didn’t realise it was safe to operate once the decontamination process had been completed”! 😡

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Pharmacies across the UK have begun vaccinations from today, including Superdrug and Boots. Mainly large branches. 

Who can get them in a pharmacy, does your GP send you, or is it just a walk in and get one if you’re in the high risk group?

7 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Who can get them in a pharmacy, does your GP send you, or is it just a walk in and get one if you’re in the high risk group?

Read this in the morning :

People will be invited by letter to get their vaccine, which is being rolled out to the population through priority ranking.

Once they have received their letter, they can log on to the NHS Covid-19 Vaccination Booking Service, where they will have a choice between a vaccination centre or a pharmacy
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

believe that one has to show that they are in the first tier of vaccine candidates. It's a good question though 

Worth a bit of further research

Edit

Just seen Horizondave post after my reply

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Read this in the morning :

People will be invited by letter to get their vaccine, which is being rolled out to the population through priority ranking.

Once they have received their letter, they can log on to the NHS Covid-19 Vaccination Booking Service, where they will have a choice between a vaccination centre or a pharmacy

I just tried that again for my mum,she was offered a pharmacy in Edgeware,10 miles away.At least it's getting closer,last time it was 25 miles away.She'll wait to have it at her doctors surgery.

13 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I just tried that again for my mum,she was offered a pharmacy in Edgeware,10 miles away.At least it's getting closer,last time it was 25 miles away.She'll wait to have it at her doctors surgery.

Yes the ability to book and getting through to make a booking are two different things as people I know have found.

8 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Indonesia going against the rest of the world & vaccinating the young first....

We've not heard from Spicey for a while....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-55620356

That's a very interesting article when you read the whole of it.

They are using the Chinese Sinovac that hasn't been tested on over-60's in Indonesia. How much influence are the Chinese able to buy through letting them have 125 million doses?

11 minutes ago, Spyder said:

I had a positive COVID test on Friday, I’ve been working from home for months and the only place outside the house that I have been to is Tescorona!

Hope you have a quick recovery.

I just ordered some KN95 masks for when I go shopping and/or for anywhere around people. Better than the cloth masks I've been wearing...

. . .

Why Aren’t We Wearing Better Masks?

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/01/why-arent-we-wearing-better-masks/617656/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=atlantic-daily-newsletter&utm_content=20210113&silverid=MzQ1ODAyOTY3ODM2S0

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

That's a very interesting article when you read the whole of it.

They are using the Chinese Sinovac that hasn't been tested on over-60's in Indonesia. How much influence are the Chinese able to buy through letting them have 125 million doses?

I have read somewhere in a couple of places that the china Sinovac is only about 50% effective ... based on the sampling data they have been able to collect .....  

I don't know if that is true or not .... but, the last place I would ever want a vaccine from is China

5 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I have read somewhere in a couple of places that the china Sinovac is only about 50% effective ... based on the sampling data they have been able to collect .....  

I don't know if that is true or not .... but, the last place I would ever want a vaccine from is China

Correct based on the trial of Sinovac in Brazil:

"Last week researchers at the Butantan Institute, which has been conducting the trials in Brazil, announced that the vaccine had a 78% efficacy against "mild-to-severe" Covid-19 cases.

But on Tuesday they revealed that calculations for this figure did not include data from a group of "very mild infections" among those who received the vaccine that did not require clinical assistance.

With the inclusion of this data, the efficacy rate is now 50.4%, said researchers."

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-55642648

However the global standard for deployment of any vaccine is that is has to over 50% effective. 

Myself I'd obviously  rather go for the expensive 95% stone cold Pfizer. Sure private providers will spring up offering the "good stuff"- you pays your money and you takes your choice🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1