COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Correct based on the trial of Sinovac in Brazil:

"Last week researchers at the Butantan Institute, which has been conducting the trials in Brazil, announced that the vaccine had a 78% efficacy against "mild-to-severe" Covid-19 cases.

But on Tuesday they revealed that calculations for this figure did not include data from a group of "very mild infections" among those who received the vaccine that did not require clinical assistance.

With the inclusion of this data, the efficacy rate is now 50.4%, said researchers."

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-55642648

However the global standard for deployment of any vaccine is that is has to over 50% effective. 

Myself I'd obviously  rather go for the expensive 95% stone cold Pfizer. Sure private providers will spring up offering the "good stuff"- you pays your money and you takes your choice🙂

The Coronavac trial will adjust the figures to give you the efficacy you want. The 50.4% (50.38%) is what you get when all trial participants are included.

Saw some figures a while back. Moderna and Pfizer about $US20 per dose (dunno if wholesale or retail). AstraZeneca about $US2-3 per dose. No idea the cost of Coronavac but it's manufactured old school. Whip up a batch of virus, clobber them with chemicals, stir in some aluminium salts and you're good to go. It's called inactivated virus.

I guess if you not a particularly wealthy country and have hundreds of millions to vaccinate you go cheap.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/14/2021 at 5:58 PM, roobob said:

Once again the google expert "cherry picks" articles to give  a false impression on what has/is occurring.

Nope you are wrong.

Travelers back to Australia  go into hotel quarantine at their own expense, about AUD $2,000 for the two weeks. Some rich, famous or with 'connections' have been allowed to quarantine at home eg Billionaire Kerry Stokes.

If you have facts that dispute the above, please post the details.

On 1/14/2021 at 6:07 PM, forcebwithu said:

My new word for the day "Sandgroper". Thanks :default_cheers:

Force -

Sandgroper from Western Aust

Croweater from South Aust

Gumsucker/ Mexicans from Victoria (south of the Border)

Banana Benders from Queensland

Taswegians from Tasmania - think Kentucky

Gods Own Country - New South Wales 😋

5 hours ago, Zeb said:

Nope you are wrong.

Travelers back to Australia  go into hotel quarantine at their own expense, about AUD $2,000 for the two weeks. Some rich, famous or with 'connections' have been allowed to quarantine at home eg Billionaire Kerry Stokes.

If you have facts that dispute the above, please post the details.

Not wrong at all.

By the way.... the cost is above $2000...it is $3000.

Have a look when WA started charging for the quarantine...even domestic travel into the state....and have a look when NSW did.

Also have a look where NSW took the brunt of Aussie travellers back into the country when other states did not. They took WA residents..asked for help from WA... but got nothing...WA could not care even for their own residents.

Why not ask the google expert the question...when did WA start charging for quarantine and when did NSW start charging for quarantine.... it seems he likes to miss things like that as it does fit his agenda.

cheers

Edited by roobob

5 hours ago, Zeb said:

Force -

Sandgroper from Western Aust

Croweater from South Aust

Gumsucker/ Mexicans from Victoria (south of the Border)

Banana Benders from Queensland

Taswegians from Tasmania - think Kentucky

Gods Own Country - New South Wales 😋

You forgot a couple.

cheers

39 minutes ago, roobob said:

Not wrong at all.

By the way.... the cost is above $2000...it is $3000.

Have a look when WA started charging for the quarantine...even domestic travel into the state....and have a look when NSW did.

Also have a look where NSW took the brunt of Aussie travellers back into the country when other states did not. They took WA residents..asked for help from WA... but got nothing...WA could not care even for their own residents.

Why not ask the google expert the question...when did WA start charging for quarantine and when did NSW start charging for quarantine.... it seems he likes to miss things like that as it does fit his agenda.

cheers

One answer...

https://thailand-247.com/index.php?/forum/112-au-nz-politics/

• Thumbs Up 1

Good idea?

A Best Western hotel in London is now taking in Covid-19 patients as hospitals run out of beds

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/14/uk/uk-covid-pandemic-hotels-gbr-intl/index.html

...This 107-room inn is now a recovery ward for coronavirus patients, as part of a pilot program to relieve local hospitals that are under enormous strain in the second wave of the pandemic.

The hotel's manager Alex Palaghiu said the transition from 4-star hotel to makeshift medical facility was driven by the need to help the country's ailing National Health Service (NHS).

"We are very proud to be part of this, so it's a very good feeling to be a part of something," he said, "I believe everyone should get together to support the NHS and save lives."

This is the first hotel in the UK to take part in the scheme, but if successful, it could be a model for converting more of the hospitality industry's spare rooms, many of which lie empty amid the country's lockdown...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, roobob said:

cheers

The WA Government announced on 10 July 2020, that anyone arriving into WA and directed to enter a State Quarantine Facility (hotel quarantine) on or after the 17 July 2020, would be required to pay for their quarantine period.

https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/paying-hotel-quarantine-wa-frequently-asked-questions

The NSW Government will begin to charge returning international travellers for their hotel quarantine accommodation from 12:01am Saturday, 18 July.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/media-releases/nsw-to-charge-returned-international-travellers-for-hotel-quarantine

You really should try google yourself occasionally. Might stop you from making a complete idiot of yourself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, fygjam said:

The WA Government announced on 10 July 2020, that anyone arriving into WA and directed to enter a State Quarantine Facility (hotel quarantine) on or after the 17 July 2020, would be required to pay for their quarantine period.

https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/paying-hotel-quarantine-wa-frequently-asked-questions

The NSW Government will begin to charge returning international travellers for their hotel quarantine accommodation from 12:01am Saturday, 18 July.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/media-releases/nsw-to-charge-returned-international-travellers-for-hotel-quarantine

You really should try google yourself occasionally. Might stop you from making a complete idiot of yourself.

Ha ha ...keep the spin going.... maybe you should actually read and comprehend the links you post.

Anyway... enough from me.

Are you a born and bred Sandgroper???.

cheers

19 hours ago, coxyhog said:

sth.jpg

The guy who lives in the house next door to us when we are in Mae Sot has the loudest sneeze I have ever heard.

Consider the loudest sneeze you have heard then multiply by a factor of 20 and that may approximate to his condition.

If he goes down with Covid he will infect the whole village with one sneeze.

I imagine it is some kind of medical condition but I cannot be assed to Google.🤣

I remember saying to Sai

"It would not surprise me if he did not have a heart attack sneezing like that!"

"Oh, he has had one already."

• Haha 2

I work in the meat industry and China is a major customer they are now insisting that we all have temperature check recorded for all 800 employees entering and leaving the site  

We haven't had a community transmission in 6 months , every one has to have a 14 day isolation at a pre booked isolation hotel