COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

8 hours ago, lazarus said:

Nothing is static in a pandemic...have to be willing to admit and accept mistakes and move on

Agree, but that was not the question. He admitted that he knowing lied about the wearing of masks to prevent a run on them when they were in short supply for first responders.

He did not make a mistake, he lied through his teeth.

25 minutes ago, Mrmango said:

Agree, but that was not the question. He admitted that he knowing lied about the wearing of masks to prevent a run on them when they were in short supply for first responders.

He did not make a mistake, he lied through his teeth.

Perhaps he was under orders.

His old boss at the time admitted he downplayed the seriousness to avoid panic.

https://thailand-247.com/index.php?/topic/4154-covid-19-pandemic-political-ideology/

Gents - In oder to keep politics off the main forum and to keep this thread factual and informative,  I have created a thread in the UK Politics Club along with a short poll.

If anyone wants to create a similer one in any of the other politics clubs (USA/EU/AU NZ) please feel free to do so.

Thanks

John

5 minutes ago, john luke said:

https://thailand-247.com/index.php?/topic/4154-covid-19-pandemic-political-ideology/

Gents - In oder to keep politics off the main forum and to keep this thread factual and informative,  I have created a thread in the UK Politics Club along with a short poll.

If anyone wants to create a similer one in any of the other politics clubs (USA/EU/AU NZ) please feel free to do so.

Thanks

John

Already there...

1 hour ago, roobob said:

Bloody hell.... it seems we are only getting death rates on here.

Lets look at the other side of the coin......

Has anyone got the recovery figures of people who have recovered from the virus???

cheers

Plenty of stats out there.

Just curious.... have you had a loved one or anyone close that has had it or died from it ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

Yeah...#45 should have resigned on Day#1

We were talking about Fauchi, not Trump, but if you want to use that logic, then you must agree that Obummer told a lot of whoppers! - You can keep you Doc, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, roobob said:

Has anyone got the recovery figures of people who have recovered from the virus???

cheers

When 400,000 in the US are dead and 100,000 in the UK - the death rates ARE the issue.

Plus they are very likely to go much higher. Much higher as it is out of control in too many places.

Thats what utterly exhausted medical workers have to face day after day, with more continually coming.

3 hours ago, roobob said:

cheers

Mate 

Without any disrespect unless you are in the middle of it like we are at this time you have absolutely no idea...

What a horrible time.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, roobob said:

cheers

55.2 Million worldwide.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jambo said:

That is exactly what is happening with Jade as she should be resident enjoying her first few weeks at Uni studying to become a vet at her new vetinary college. That and doing what students do the world over normally do by balancing study with an active social life.

At first she mostly studied from home visiting the college in the Scottish borders for two nights every two weeks. This required her mum to drive her down then pick her up after two nights to return to Edinburgh. Now all study is at home as there is a restriction on travel.

On top of this, last week Jade had the first of her ongoing vetinary course exams which in normal circumstances would have been at the end of several months of residential tuition. When I asked her how they went she simply said

"Okay" and given how well she did in her highers to get into the college in the first place that no doubt meant that she has done okay. 😀

I feel really sorry for her as she has little if any social life as there is currently nowhere for a girl her age to go and she can only see her friends remotely.

For as long as I can remember she has wanted to be working with animals as a vet and was very lucky to be ablle to get work experience at Edinburgh Zoo which has literally hundreds if not thousands of applicants each year from all over the UK.  She is quite literally living the dream but they are not making it easy that is for sure.

Bro . all you can do is try your best to reinforce her dreams . keep her strong !

5 hours ago, roobob said:

cheers

Well the positive for the UK is that 1 in 8 of the adult population have been vaccinated, so less people will be getting to the need to recover stage.

Nothing positive about 100K dead, even Boris didn't try to put a spin on that one when announcing it today. 

Verses 75 in Thailand and 909 Australia

So 99,000 extra dead- sorry but today I'm not seeing the cheerful upside. 

Edited by Lemondropkid

4 hours ago, roomark said:

Mate 

Without any disrespect unless you are in the middle of it like we are at this time you have absolutely no idea...

What a horrible time.

It is a world wide virus.... all are in it...some in worse areas than others and I feel for anyone experiencing the worst areas as I count my self lucky to be where I am in all this.

All I asked was a simple question..... has anyone got the recovery figures for the people who have recovered from the virus. Sorry if I tended to look at something positive in all the doom and gloom of the continual talking of death numbers.

cheers

8 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Plenty of stats out there.

Just curious.... have you had a loved one or anyone close that has had it or died from it ?

No .... luckily I have not had a loved one or anyone close to me who has passed away from it. In fact I do not know of anyone who has caught the virus and touch wood...I hope that continues.

Just curious...... did you end up having a test for the virus after going to hospital feeling ill in Chang Mai and when they took you to get a covid test .... you just up and left and went back into the public domain???

cheers

Edited by roobob

5 hours ago, Zeb said:

When 400,000 in the US are dead and 100,000 in the UK - the death rates ARE the issue.

Plus they are very likely to go much higher. Much higher as it is out of control in too many places.

Thats what utterly exhausted medical workers have to face day after day, with more continually coming.

Yes they are an issue.... but I would say that the recovery rates is also just as an important issues as well.

All medical workers world wide are doing a marvellous job...more than can be expected ... and I am sure all are in awe and in praise of them for the work they are carrying out.

cheers

20 minutes ago, roobob said:

but I would say that the recovery rates is also just as an important issues as well

cheers

Recovery rates are BS. For instance, how many of the recovery rates are those that have recovered with C-19 as opposed to from C-19. I mention this because some of our experts on this forum distinguish between deaths from C-19 and with C-19.

salud

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Kathmandu said:

Recovery rates are BS. For instance, how many of the recovery rates are those that have recovered with C-19 as opposed to from C-19. I mention this because some of our experts on this forum distinguish between deaths from C-19 and with C-19.

Recovering with and from is the same thing - you had Covid but your body fought it off and you recovered.

Dying with and from have become a big talking point precisely because they are not.

Edited by KWA

1 hour ago, roobob said:

It is a world wide virus.... all are in it...some in worse areas than others and I feel for anyone experiencing the worst areas as I count my self lucky to be where I am in all this.

All I asked was a simple question..... has anyone got the recovery figures for the people who have recovered from the virus. Sorry if I tended to look at something positive in all the doom and gloom of the continual talking of death numbers.

cheers

It's hard to be positive in one of  your countries darkest hour ...

I'm lucky compared to some I have family around me.

This isn't on a forum for me it's all around me (and a few of us on here no doubt) 

OK we're all in this together , just like WW 1 &2 , but some countries were decimated and others just saw it on the news..

No bombs now, just an invisible enemy and an absolute shit government. 

My Mrs got over it it didn't touch me or my kids, but its battered loads around me.

It's  killed 3 people I know of (on the same street) since December and one couple I know weirdly on the same street cannot shake it off all from the same time.

There are high recovery rates (but no one knows the long term implications)  but winter has brought the death oh so near.

No doubt we'll get through this , but the streets,shops,pubs , businesses, hotels and communities around me are changed forever .

• Like 5
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, roomark said:

It's hard to be positive in one of  your countries darkest hour ...

I'm lucky compared to some I have family around me.

This isn't on a forum for me it's all around me (and a few of us on here no doubt) 

OK we're all in this together , just like WW 1 &2 , but some countries were decimated and others just saw it on the news..

No bombs now, just an invisible enemy and an absolute shit government. 

My Mrs got over it it didn't touch me or my kids, but its battered loads around me.

It's  killed 3 people I know of (on the same street) since December and one couple I know weirdly on the same street cannot shake it off all from the same time.

There are high recovery rates (but no one knows the long term implications)  but winter has brought the death oh so near.

No doubt we'll get through this , but the streets,shops,pubs , businesses, hotels and communities around me are changed forever .

Very glad to see that wife has recovered and is well and that the children and yourself were ok. The recovery of your wife must be a great relief to you all. Stay well.

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1