COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

32 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Me and the missus have both had ours, no side effects at all, never have had any side effects.

Daughter got a consent form form school the other day for her nasal one.

Should have had my flu jab yesterday but as I am no longer in London I had to cancel. I now have my flu jab on 12 November in my doctors in Neath unless I can get it done in a pharmacy earlier.

14 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Should have had my flu jab yesterday but as I am no longer in London I had to cancel. I now have my flu jab on 12 November in my doctors in Neath unless I can get it done in a pharmacy earlier.

Do you get notified from the doctors for the flu jab or is it up to you to contact them?

37 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Do you get notified from the doctors for the flu jab or is it up to you to contact them?

I got notified by my previous doctor of a certain date which was for a walk in clinic between set hours designated by surnames in alphabetical order.  My present doctor in Wales expected a call to make an appointment although the information about who should call was on their website.

• Thanks 1

Total  daily death evolution France Sept 21th

Same question as last month, where are the 100s or 1000s of excess death that the alarming daily media wants us to panic about ? We are on the same numbers as previous years ....

Deces chart 200921.jpg

If we look at evolution of deaths by age for the period 01/05 to 21/09 (light green color bars).

Evol age deces 200921.jpg

The comments about this numbers (by google translate ) :

“While the number of deaths in France increased overall by 1% over the period from 1 May to 21 September 2020 compared to the same period last year, the increase in fact only affected those aged 65 to 74 (up 4%). The overall number of deaths is stable for those aged 75 and over (up 0.5%). It decreases in the under-65s, especially among the youngest. The trend is - 8% among young people under 25 and - 4% for those aged 25 to 49. There was also a decrease among 50-64 year old (-1.5%).”

Situation is similar in England concerning evolution of global deaths :

ONS 200918.jpg

So again, needless panic….

BUT, yes, there is a red flag coming up. It is the positivity rate vs the numbers of tests done. This rate has gone up seriously recently. But again, more positive cases doesn’t automatically mean more deaths !

Indeed, the hospitals are now better prepared and know how to react and how to treat the patients.

The table here under shows the evolution of the positivity rate per age. And yes, the evolution is very noticeable, specially amongst the young people.

“Daily positivity rate on PCR tests by age group

This table shows the percentage of people who have tested positive for Covid-19 virological tests each day by age group, from 0-9 years to 90 years and older, for the last 30 days. The threshold of vigilance is between 5% and 10%. The alert threshold is reached when the positivity rate is above 10%.”

Positivity chart 201001.jpg

But OK, if you want to believe that we are doomed and should stop breathing, up to each ....

Edited by Thai Spice

Social distancing at my local park yesterday...99% of the people were wearing masks. Only the obviously "crazy" folks were not. 😉

Unlike many parts of the US the Covid-19 infection/death rate is very low here.

After the park I went to a bar (outside seating only), drank beer and watched football.

20201004-IMG_7430.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Social distancing at my local park yesterday...99% of the people were wearing masks. Only the obviously "crazy" folks were not. 😉

After the park I went to a bar (outside seating only), drank beer and watched football.

20201004-IMG_7430.jpg

Well, you know what I think about them circles .....

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, lazarus said:

20201004-IMG_7430.jpg

F**king super sad our world has turned into this ....

At least this phenomenon hasn't occurred in the South or BKK ....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

F**king super sad our world has turned into this ....

At least this phenomenon hasn't occurred in the South or BKK ....

I agree it's very sad, but what a great idea so that families can still enjoy the outdoors without police hassle.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

I agree it's very sad, but what a great idea so that families can still enjoy the outdoors without police hassle.

I know this line of thought is not popular......But people who fall-in-line are just encouraging them to keep turning up the heat/restrictions....More compliance means more restrictions...

Lucky for Thailand, Thais are for the most part piss poor rule followers...Thais maybe gung-ho for new rules for a short time but they quickly lose interest...

• Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, fforest said:

I know this line of thought is not popular......But people who fall-in-line are just encouraging them to keep turning up the heat/restrictions....More compliance means more restrictions...

Lucky for Thailand, Thais are for the most part piss poor rule followers...Thais maybe gung-ho for new rules for a short time but they quickly lose interest...

I don't know about its popularity but it is certainly incorrect, at least where I am.

The rules were followed and community transmission was eliminated.

The the rules were relaxed to the point where the only rule in place is the one that keeps those disease ridden people from the Eastern States on their side of the border.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

At this park, there is also an option to sit wherever you want while social distancing from other groups. Not everyone does. 

People just don't get it in most of the US. If you aren't proactive you can contract the disease, and potentially you or someone you pass it onto dies.

The US is up to about 210,000 reported dead. The "fearless leader" and his trophy wife have it. It's not something to mess around with or go at half-a**ed.

Places that have shut it down are slowly getting back to a semblance of normalcy.

. . .

A view of protection booths set up for diners at Sushi das Artes, in the Tijuca neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on September 30, 2020

original.jpg

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2020/10/photos-week-pentagonal-grid-oil-drums-scorched-wine/616571/

Edited by lazarus

World beating ......

The weekly rate of new Covid-19 cases has soared in dozens of areas of England, following the addition of nearly 16,000 cases that went unreported because of a technical error with an Excel spreadsheet.

Manchester now has the highest rate in England, with 2,740 cases recorded in the seven days to October 1 - the equivalent of 495.6 cases per 100,000 people, up from 223.2 in the previous week.

The problem has led to a delay in efforts by NHS Test and Trace to find the contacts of those who tested positive for the virus, in some cases by around a week.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-10-05/covid-cases-soar-in-parts-of-england-after-missing-cases-factored-in

14 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

That's exactly why this is 1000% wrong !

From what I saw yesterday, there is no enforcement at the park in the photo.

...& it's a park that has occasional gang shootings, blatant public intoxication, fights, etc.

The playground (where I take my kid) is closed, though.

. . .

oh oh...outside the circle mon dieu!

20201004-IMG_7429.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 3

Speaking of enforcement...in Thailand...

"...At The Senses resort, visitors will wake up to a view of the island's mountains and can swim in each villa's infinity pool. But attempting to leave the room could bring police to a guest's door within 15 minutes, while an infected guest can be taken to hospital within half an hour..."

They'll bust you quicker than they'll take care of you!

All for a nice price...

"...confinement at The Senses runs to about 170,000 baht, or 590,000 for a family of four..."

. . .

Private pools, fancy meals in Phuket's 'gilded cage' quarantine

https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/easy/1996987/private-pools-fancy-meals-in-phukets-gilded-cage-quarantine

c1_1996987_620x413.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Speaking of enforcement...in Thailand...

"...At The Senses resort, visitors will wake up to a view of the island's mountains and can swim in each villa's infinity pool. But attempting to leave the room could bring police to a guest's door within 15 minutes, while an infected guest can be taken to hospital within half an hour..."

They'll bust you quicker than they'll take care of you!

All for a nice price...

"...confinement at The Senses runs to about 170,000 baht, or 590,000 for a family of four..."

. . .

Private pools, fancy meals in Phuket's 'gilded cage' quarantine

https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/easy/1996987/private-pools-fancy-meals-in-phukets-gilded-cage-quarantine

c1_1996987_620x413.jpg

That actually looks great for 12,000 Baht a night including all your meals ... less than my daily budget in Patts 😉 555

On 10/5/2020 at 9:35 PM, lazarus said:

At this park, there is also an option to sit wherever you want while social distancing from other groups. Not everyone does. 

People just don't get it in most of the US. If you aren't proactive you can contract the disease, and potentially you or someone you pass it onto dies.

The US is up to about 210,000 reported dead. The "fearless leader" and his trophy wife have it. It's not something to mess around with or go at half-a**ed.

Places that have shut it down are slowly getting back to a semblance of normalcy.

. . .

A view of protection booths set up for diners at Sushi das Artes, in the Tijuca neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on September 30, 2020

original.jpg

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2020/10/photos-week-pentagonal-grid-oil-drums-scorched-wine/616571/

Fucking sad ... jeez .. glad I am not there ..

I was at a place on the way back to the South from Patts with Beach gal .. we were driving and she wanted to take a break .. cause I drive just like the Thai's ... a maniac .. a long drive ... we stopped in Hua Hin for the night and I got her ass out of bed early ... because I wanted to get home ...

No masks .. no social distancing .. just normal ...

IMG_5471.JPG

IMG_5472.JPG

IMG_5474.JPG

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 4:39 AM, Stillearly said:

World beating ......

The weekly rate of new Covid-19 cases has soared in dozens of areas of England, following the addition of nearly 16,000 cases that went unreported because of a technical error with an Excel spreadsheet.

Manchester now has the highest rate in England, with 2,740 cases recorded in the seven days to October 1 - the equivalent of 495.6 cases per 100,000 people, up from 223.2 in the previous week.

The problem has led to a delay in efforts by NHS Test and Trace to find the contacts of those who tested positive for the virus, in some cases by around a week.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-10-05/covid-cases-soar-in-parts-of-england-after-missing-cases-factored-in

has the rate of deaths gone up?surely the deaths are the most important numbers?

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 12:50 AM, lazarus said:

From what I saw yesterday, there is no enforcement at the park in the photo.

...& it's a park that has occasional gang shootings, blatant public intoxication, fights, etc.

The playground (where I take my kid) is closed, though.

. . .

oh oh...outside the circle mon dieu!

20201004-IMG_7429.jpg

Looks like she has nice toes .. that is a starter .. at least for me ...

• Haha 2

2 teachers at my sons school tested positive on Thursday, so they and several kids were sent home to quarantine for 14 days!        
The school has been extremely diligent with keeping the children distanced from each other and loads of safety measures have been put in place, but all too no avail it seems. 

I suspect his school, along with many others, will go into lockdown again well into 2021 if infection numbers increase, as they seem to be doing.

So I’ll be back to home tutoring again☹️