COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Long legs .. a great ass ... perfect hair, lips and a great smile .. with a gigantic heart  .. who gives a f**k about the Wuhan virus .. love the one you are with and f**k the rest of the bullshit .... (  Beach gal and I in Patts .. the first time she was there .. lol )

IMG_5458.JPG

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2

On 10/6/2020 at 12:50 AM, lazarus said:

From what I saw yesterday, there is no enforcement at the park in the photo.

...& it's a park that has occasional gang shootings, blatant public intoxication, fights, etc.

The playground (where I take my kid) is closed, though.

. . .

oh oh...outside the circle mon dieu!

20201004-IMG_7429.jpg

I only know 1 gymnast gal ... she was on the Thai National Team ... met her while I was trying to recover sitting on a bench outside from a couple hours playing basketball at Ramkhamhaeng University about 1 month ago ... jeez .. she was more than an handful .. she is a good gal ... really .. no money, no drama , no bullshit ...

IMG_5718.JPG

IMG_5719.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, KhunDon said:

2 teachers at my sons school tested positive on Thursday, so they and several kids were sent home to quarantine for 14 days!        
The school has been extremely diligent with keeping the children distanced from each other and loads of safety measures have been put in place, but all too no avail it seems. 

I suspect his school, along with many others, will go into lockdown again well into 2021 if infection numbers increase, as they seem to be doing.

So I’ll be back to home tutoring again☹️

Talking to my son last night and he told me my granddaughter and her kindergarten classmates are now doing a 14 day quarantine at home due to one of her classmates testing positive. He wasn't too happy about it as he felt it was an overreaction. Reason being the student that tested positive is a special ed student who has his own teacher's aide and doesn't interact with the rest of the class. On top of that all students wear masks and sit at their desks which are enclosed in plastic shields.

Unfortunately it's the reality of the society we live in now. Very risk adverse.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Talking to my son last night and he told me my granddaughter and her kindergarten classmates are now doing a 14 day quarantine at home due to one of her classmates testing positive. He wasn't too happy about it as he felt it was an overreaction. Reason being the student that tested positive is a special ed student who has his own teacher's aide and doesn't interact with the rest of the class. On top of that all students wear masks and sit at their desks which are enclosed in plastic shields.

Unfortunately it's the reality of the society we live in now. Very risk adverse.

Bro ... that sucks ...

In the deep South there are no plastic shields .. no masks ... everything seems pretty normal .. I would never let Ziggy go to a school that puts them in a plastic cage ...  I would home school her .. and she could learn more from me than she ever could in school .... because I love her ...

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Weren't you the guy who wrote he never used condoms banging "pros" in Asia?

There has only been a couple of times in my life I have ever used a condom .. and in both situations I ripped the fucker off and kept going at it ...

You can call it risky .. but, you have to be pretty selective in your choices ... you just can't bang "any" fucking gal ...  I think  .. lol .. or otherwise you might get the Wuhan virus

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Bro ... that sucks ...

In the deep South there are no plastic shields .. no masks ... everything seems pretty normal .. I would never let Ziggy go to a school that puts them in a plastic cage ...  I would home school her .. and she could learn more from me than she ever could in school .... because I love her ...

We are fortunate living in Thailand where they have the Wuhan virus under control. Not so in the US. Wisconsin, where my son's family lives, is now 5th on the leaderboard for daily new cases, so it's not unreasonable they're taking precautions in group situations. On the plus side, they're not going into full lockdown based on only a couple of thousand new cases a day out of a state population of 5.8 million.

Home schooling is always option, but the downside is the lack of social interaction of the child with their peers.

image.png

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Weren't you the guy who wrote he never used condoms banging "pros" in Asia?

The condom thing is just another example how people got brainwashed by media and B.S. experts.

Feck it,  only used it a few times 40 y ago in VERY risky places like Haiti, or Guinea / Conakry.

24 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

We are fortunate living in Thailand where they have the Wuhan virus under control. Not so in the US. Wisconsin, where my son's family lives, is now 5th on the leaderboard for daily new cases, so it's not unreasonable they're taking precautions in group situations. On the plus side, they're not going into full lockdown based on only a couple of thousand new cases a day out of a state population of 5.8 million.

Home schooling is always option, but the downside is the lack of social interaction of the child with their peers.

image.png

This kind of stats is meaningless IMO.

Do you have the numbers of TOTAL deaths per state or global US, compared to the same period in the last 3 years ?  Only those numbers are reliable.

See the charts I posted about France and UK !  they speak very clearly...

18 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

The condom thing is just another example how people got brainwashed by media and B.S. experts.

Feck it,  only used it a few times 40 y ago in VERY risky places like Haiti, or Guinea / Conakry.

Yeah...HIV is another over-hyped disease. Right.

. . .

Photos from an orphanage in Khon Kaen for HIV+ kids. I worked there a bit awhile back.

73528252.9l1XCnf6.miniIMG_3770e.jpg

83739094.EIpmlUD2.miniIMG_8289e.jpg

73528388.i4D2dwCO.miniIMG_3776e.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

image.png

Yea .. I agree ... it is significantly important for the young to have social interaction .. but, jeez ... it comes down to a choice where you kid is in a plastic cell at school ... no way .. I think ... I will risk her social interaction with others when she is young .. teach her to open her heart .. listen .. don't talk to much .. give her a heads up in life .. which I can teach her very well in this area of life .. math ( my undergraduate was in math ) .. economics ( my graduate degree ) .. I can teach her a lot of shit .. the most important is common sense ( because I have been a mad man -- went to prison - jeez - the shit I have put myself through  - I know )   .. BTW - they never teach common sense in any school ...

No way .. will I ever let Ziggy go to a school that keeps her in a plastic cage .. f**k that ... social interaction .. I don't think so

I compare a plastic cell to jail cell ... neither one are very much fun .. f**k that !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

image.png

what is more important more ,new cases or new deaths ?

I see Wisconsin + 2020 new cases and only 18 deaths

7 minutes ago, grayray said:

what is more important more ,new cases or new deaths ?

I see Wisconsin + 2020 new cases and only 18 deaths

Since increase in no. of deaths lag increases in new cases, and if you're looking to contain an outbreak, then you'd want to keep an eye out for an increase in new cases. You'd also want to factor in testing as a % of the pop so as to ascertain the new cases aren't just because of more testing.

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

Since increase in no. of deaths lag increases in new cases, and if you're looking to contain an outbreak, then you'd want to keep an eye out for an increase in new cases. You'd also want to factor in testing as a % of the pop so as to ascertain the new cases aren't just because of more testing.

wouldn't it be if the more you test,the more you will find people with the virus.

I saw the charts on 2nd wave in UK and France  which showed the number of new cases rising higher than the first wave,but very much less deaths.

but the goverments of both countries are pushing the new cases numbers so they can bring in more rules and lockdowns.

iam starting to more to Thai spices thoughts on the virus.

f**k it iam on deaths doorstep anyway,put I want a peaceful death ,you know go to sleep and not wake up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Sorry Bro ... yes testing is important .. but , how many false negatives ( or other deaths that have nothing to do with Wuhan ) are included in your calculus ?

It results in the net deaths ( purely related to Wuhan  - which we will never know the truth ) .... end or story .. and if you want math calculations ( based on the bull shit data ) I can give them to you ..

22 minutes ago, grayray said:

wouldn't it be if the more you test,the more you will find people with the virus.

I saw the charts on 2nd wave in UK and France  which showed the number of new cases rising higher than the first wave,but very much less deaths.

but the goverments of both countries are pushing the new cases numbers so they can bring in more rules and lockdowns.

iam starting to more to Thai spices thoughts on the virus.

f**k it iam on deaths doorstep anyway,put I want a peaceful death ,you know go to sleep and not wake up.

Yes, the more you test the more you'll find people with the virus. That's why I posted you need to factor in the % of testing.

Johns Hopkins has a page that tracks Daily State-By-State Testing Trends that factors in the percentage of positive tests and uses a 7 day moving average to visualize the trend. For Wisconsin it's not looking good, but no surprise the trend up coincides with the start of the school year. And yes, there are shortcomings to the data they're using which is explained on the page linked to.

image.png

5 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

"It is not a matter of what is true that counts, but a matter of what is perceived to be true."
--Henry Kissinger

And obviously that works perfectly at the moment...

Repeat a lie enough times and people will believe it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Believe it...or not.

Paris hospitals are feeling the strain from a new influx of patients.

More than 40 percent of patients hospitalized in intensive care units in the Paris region have Covid-19, the French authorities said this week, warning that local hospitals were coming under increasing strain from an influx of new cases.

Over 2,300 Covid-19 patients are hospitalized in Ile-de-France, the region that includes the French capital and that is the country’s most populated. Nearly 450 of them are in intensive care, and some hospitals have started to defer surgeries to make additional room.

Aurélien Rousseau, the head of the health authority for Ile-de-France, warned that Covid-19 patients could take up half of all intensive care units within the next 10 to 15 days if new restrictions put in place over the past week did not make an impact...

...The new restrictions in Paris include the closure of all bars for at least two weeks. Gyms, dance halls and enclosed swimming pools are also closed to adults, and university classrooms and lecture halls can operate only at half capacity or below. Restaurants can remain open if they follow a strict health protocol.

Models from the Pasteur Institut, using data from Sept. 25, before any of the new restrictions were put in place, warned that the region’s intensive care units, at their current capacity, would be completely full with Covid-19 patients by November if nothing changed...

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/07/world/covid-coronavirus/paris-hospitals-are-feeling-the-strain-from-a-new-influx-of-patients

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Believe it...or not.

Paris hospitals are feeling the strain from a new influx of patients.

More than 40 percent of patients hospitalized in intensive care units in the Paris region have Covid-19, the French authorities said this week, warning that local hospitals were coming under increasing strain from an influx of new cases.

Over 2,300 Covid-19 patients are hospitalized in Ile-de-France, the region that includes the French capital and that is the country’s most populated. Nearly 450 of them are in intensive care, and some hospitals have started to defer surgeries to make additional room.

Aurélien Rousseau, the head of the health authority for Ile-de-France, warned that Covid-19 patients could take up half of all intensive care units within the next 10 to 15 days if new restrictions put in place over the past week did not make an impact...

...The new restrictions in Paris include the closure of all bars for at least two weeks. Gyms, dance halls and enclosed swimming pools are also closed to adults, and university classrooms and lecture halls can operate only at half capacity or below. Restaurants can remain open if they follow a strict health protocol.

Models from the Pasteur Institut, using data from Sept. 25, before any of the new restrictions were put in place, warned that the region’s intensive care units, at their current capacity, would be completely full with Covid-19 patients by November if nothing changed...

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/07/world/covid-coronavirus/paris-hospitals-are-feeling-the-strain-from-a-new-influx-of-patients

Hmmmm, NYT should get a better translator.....

Let's say it is a clearly orientated interpretation of the original articles....

And concerns greater Paris area, very different from the rest of France.

Edited by Thai Spice

On 10/7/2020 at 11:20 AM, forcebwithu said:

image.png

A thing to consider is the life expectancy per country, even before this virus drama....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

https://www.worldometers.info/demographics/life-expectancy/

This two databases are slightly different, but globally coherent.

Look up the place of the US, which claims to be one of the most developed countries in the world  !

France on the 12th place, US on the 38 (14 vs 46 on the other chart)

Have a look at the countries above the US ....

Obviously if a population is already in poor health, the consequence of an epidemie will be bad.  US has a HUGE obesity problem, everybody knows that it is one of the morbidity causes that reduces seriously ones chances to survive a serious ilness.

Next you should check which segment of the population is hit hardest : the poor... blacks have much higher  Covid death rate than white folks.

Governments should stop throwing numbers around making everybody scared.  

Does anybody analysis this data ? Why this population more than this, why this region more than this one, etc ......

FFS, they are absolutely amazing analyzing / profiling the population for election propaganda purpose, so why can't they use this "science" to analyze the REAL reasons for this Covid thing ?

Maybe they're simply not interested, of maybe they simply don't want the truth to come out ? 

It sure would be an explosive dossier if done honestly.

Look at the mortality rate (per 100,000 inhabitants) and the child death rate (per 1,000 births) between US and France.

Mortality rate US 863 -  France 614

Child death rate (at birth) : US 5,79  - France 3,8 

That's where the US government should look at and spend money....

Évolution[modifier | modifier le code]

Le taux de mortalité en France, après une légère diminution au début des années 2000, augmente progressivement depuis 20159. Le taux de mortalité infantile reste relativement stable, autour de 3,8 pour mille10.

Année 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018
Décès (milliers) 540,6 541,0 545,2 562,5 519,5 538,1 526,9 531,2 542,6 546,0 551,2 545,1 569,9 569,2 559,3 593,7 593,9 606,0 614
Taux de mortalité 8,9 8,8 8,9 9,1 8,3 8,5 8,3 8,3 8,5 8,5 8,5 8,4 8,7 8,7 8,4 8,9 8,9 9,1 9,2
Mortalité infantile 4,5 4,6 4,2 4,2 4,0 3,8 3,8 3,8 3,8 3,8 3,6 3,5 3,5 3,6 3,5 3,7 3,7 3,9 3,8

Data are for the U.S.

• Number of deaths: 2,813,503
  • Death rate: 863.8 deaths per 100,000 population
  • Life expectancy: 78.6 years
  • Infant Mortality rate: 5.79 deaths per 1,000 live births

Note : I took France because it's my country, but I look at UK numbers, they are even worse.... 

Child death rate is similar to France.

You can find all the numbers and details on the ONS website

Despite this slowdown, mortality rates for both males and females significantly decreased in 2019. There were 1,079.4 deaths per 100,000 males (3.7% lower than in 2018) and 798.9 deaths per 100,000 females (4.7% lower than in 2018).

Maybe better worry about this stuff ?

California Governor Gavin Newsom's office has taken mask mandates to the next level - telling those eating out at restaurants that they should wear a mask "in between bites" in order to "keep those around you healthy."

ya8ai3Bw?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 1