Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

10 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Another really irritating bm from secrets was stephenh. His continued baiting of Galenkia was absurd in the least. 

I wonder what became of him and if he posts on any other boards? 

6 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

There was a stephenh on Addicts ,I’m sure.

The big difference between him and CF is that he was known to Secrets and didn't hide behind a key board.

• Thumbs Up 2

xxxxx

On 2/18/2020 at 7:42 PM, Aqualung said:

Another really irritating bm from secrets was stephenh.  ...

I wonder what became of him and if he posts on any other boards? 

I have no one idea what became of him,  but I don't think he posts on any of the remaining Pattaya forums.  I wouldn't be surprised if he posted on one of the Pattaya-related closed Facebook groups.

Stephenh was an old-school bridge dweller.  He made mean-spirited and nasty posts for the sheer love of devilment.   He didn't have an agenda beyond pissing off as many people as he could.    Mega-trolls like ChangFai, Harris Black and Gabor were always trying to serve a broader purpose with their trollish posts.

On 2/18/2020 at 11:11 PM, Skalliwag said:

There was a stephenh on Addicts ,I’m sure.

A member with the handle stephenh made nine posts on Addicts from 2011 to 2013.  All nine posts were about playing golf near Pattaya.  He hasn't posted since 2013 and the last "sign of life"  from him was liking a post in 2017.  Nothing at all since then.

On 2/19/2020 at 5:45 AM, boydeste said:

The big difference between him and CF is that he was known to Secrets and didn't hide behind a key board.

That's what I least respected about ChangFai.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

49 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

xxxxx

I have no one idea what became of him,  but I don't think he posts on any of the remaining Pattaya forums.  I wouldn't be surprised if he posted on one of the Pattaya-related closed Facebook groups.

Stephenh was an old-school bridge dweller.  He made mean-spirited and nasty posts for the sheer love of devilment.   He didn't have an agenda beyond pissing off as many people as he could.    Mega-trolls like ChangFai, Harris Black and Gabor were always trying to serve a broader purpose with their trollish posts.

A member with the handle stephenh made nine posts on Addicts from 2011 to 2013.  All nine posts were about playing golf near Pattaya.  He hasn't posted since 2013 and the last "sign of life"  from him was liking a post in 2017.  Nothing at all since then.

That's what I least respected about ChangFai.

Evil

Roger that.I knew I remember him,but only the reason I stated earlier.

Ghost Medic in town at the moment,giving me real time reports.
going out on the town with him is hard work.I can’t keep up and I’m no slouch.f**k does he go very hard.👍👍

• 4 weeks later...

Well got an email today saying Secrets Hotel is closing....

'It is with regret that we have to advise that as a direct result of the world wide corona virus and the ongoing effect on tourism within Thailand Secrets Hotel will close as from 1st April 2020.

Please make alternative arrangements for your stay in Thailand.'

Sad times and I am guessing a lot will be hit by this problem.
  • Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Sad 1

This explains why I was having trouble booking a room. Jeez it’s a real end of an era which is really sad. I know the hotel has been totally rammed with rooms booked out on my trips and that with the bar being open and closing during the scooters refit etc. But the hotel has always done really well.

• Sad 1

I believe it has 24 rooms but I remember something about it ‘qualifying’ for a hotel! Technically it’s one room short when kept the prices of rent down etc. So at 1000baht a night x 24 room, 24,000b daily / 720,000b per month (£18,000 UK) revenue for the rooms excluding the cost of running the place. God damn it...and I was looking to get hold of the number for the hot receptionist I’ve been wanting to ask out for drinks/dinner 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, LOSO said:

Yep it really is a shame. I spent many good trips in that hotel over the years and in the early days of it opening I was staying there  a few times every year. Very sad to see it go.

Yeah, stayed there about 7 or 8 times. 

Always enjoyed my stays there and the staff were great. 

But times change etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know I’d say...never say never...the world can all change within minutes, hours and few days... which we’ve all seen in recent days. The world will be different but that place could re-open Our world goes into these funny cycles, will we need a forum to get the attraction back in when social media may yet take a different turn who knows! By then us guys will too old to enjoy it...and still be thinking about the glory days 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1