Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

Sad news indeed..... 

But it was a FANTASTIC run while it lasted. I was really hoping to bring my nephews over and show them where all those photos came from. It's truly the end of an era 

ByBy Secrets....... and thank you for showing me such a great time. I was really lucky to find you when I did. 

• Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, Jambo said:

Potentially, quite a lot but what would be the point anymore?

So let me just say that having been personally involved with Secrets Hotel for over 10 years I am very sad to see it close almost certainly for good.

The Hotel was the only part of Secrets business that continuously made a profit throughout that time period and even as little as 10 days ago was fully booked.

I am particularly sad for Tuy who was a loyal fixture in the office for many years and Gif who has headed up the Reception Team also for many years and known to work many a 12 hour shift.  How are they going to find alternative suitable employment when for months ahead all the hotels in Pattaya will be virtually empty?

Great points there, and there are some great staff who will now suffer as a consequence of it closing. It really is a sad situation and it doesn't end with the closure of the hotel, for some that's the beginning of so many more problems to come.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, LOSO said:

Great points there, and there are some great staff who will now suffer as a consequence of it closing. It really is a sad situation and it doesn't end with the closure of the hotel, for some that's the beginning of so many more problems to come.

Nothing specific to Secrets or their staff.

Businesses born, raise, succeed (or not)  , go broke...

Staff goes and come,  factory closes,staff is laid off. 

Key point is that the employer respects the law and when laying off people pays them what they are entitled to.

So did Secrets paid their staff the appropriate compensation  ? ? 

Sad news indeed..... 
But it was a FANTASTIC run while it lasted. I was really hoping to bring my nephews over and show them where all those photos came from. It's truly the end of an era 
ByBy Secrets....... and thank you for showing me such a great time. I was really lucky to find you when I did. 

If I bought it out right...I’ll be selling tickets for a tour [emoji23]...it will be expensive...I’ll charge extra if you want to run around the rooms and sniff the bar [emoji1787]
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 10:01 AM, Stillearly said:

The stairs ...

12D0C1E7-CB92-4716-9CF8-E88EBA98FCCE.jpeg

was ready to stay there for 2+mths back in 2014,but saw the stairs and was out of there.

can't handle those thai stairs sober let alone pissed.

stayed in a place for 8mths back in the 1996/97 in soi yamotto,but iwas younger and better able to handle stairs,not 20years older,no way.

regards

grayray

10 minutes ago, grayray said:

was ready to stay there for 2+mths back in 2014,but saw the stairs and was out of there.

can't handle those thai stairs sober let alone pissed.

stayed in a place for 8mths back in the 1996/97 in soi yamotto,but iwas younger and better able to handle stairs,not 20years older,no way.

regards

grayray

Saw these pics and thought of you .. Thai models from 1968 😉 

212EB408-E226-466A-881D-34977D5EEA30.jpeg

07F4CDF5-17F6-42AA-A705-F5709E5E5186.jpeg

18F0BC3B-AEB5-4D66-9EED-2DBB2D5CB9A8.jpeg

9FFAF7A5-2764-4277-BDF9-7114C1197BA2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

On 3/18/2020 at 10:07 AM, Jambo said:

Potentially, quite a lot but what would be the point anymore?

So let me just say that having been personally involved with Secrets Hotel for over 10 years I am very sad to see it close almost certainly for good.

The Hotel was the only part of Secrets business that continuously made a profit throughout that time period and even as little as 10 days ago was fully booked.

I am particularly sad for Tuy who was a loyal fixture in the office for many years and Gif who has headed up the Reception Team also for many years and known to work many a 12 hour shift.  How are they going to find alternative suitable employment when for months ahead all the hotels in Pattaya will be virtually empty?

Thank you a true Gent to the end....... thank you for helping me on my newbie trip many many years ago

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Saw these pics and thought of you .. Thai models from 1968 😉 

212EB408-E226-466A-881D-34977D5EEA30.jpeg

07F4CDF5-17F6-42AA-A705-F5709E5E5186.jpeg

18F0BC3B-AEB5-4D66-9EED-2DBB2D5CB9A8.jpeg

9FFAF7A5-2764-4277-BDF9-7114C1197BA2.jpeg

they really took to west style cothes and hairstyles back then

would have liked them back then,even better to-day,weeeeellllllllllll their grandaughters

regards

grayray

3 hours ago, grayray said:

they really took to west style cothes and hairstyles back then

would have liked them back then,even better to-day,weeeeellllllllllll their grandaughters

regards

grayray

That emerged from the 'cultural mandates' issued by Phibun in the early 1940's. A set of 12 mandates that encouraged amongst many things moving away from Thai traditional dress and adopting western dress. In the 1930's women would have worn only Thai style trousers and went topless. Very interesting and those mandates are the basis from which modern Thailand is formed. It's worth a look for those that want to understand Thailand.

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

On 3/18/2020 at 6:31 PM, tingtong2k said:

If I bought it out right...I’ll be selling tickets for a tour emoji23.png...it will be expensive...I’ll charge extra if you want to run around the rooms and sniff the bar emoji1787.png

5555... I think you've got a great plan there. I know UKguy would pay top dollar to get a photo of himself and that goat up on the 6th floor.

Oooops..... don't tell Mo I mentioned that damn goat. It's a big nono

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, thumper63 said:

5555... I think you've got a great plan there. I know UKguy would pay top dollar to get a photo of himself and that goat up on the 6th floor.

Mentioning that goat can be forgiven, but mentioning that floor can't be.

Edited by Freee!!
  • Surprised 1

14 hours ago, thumper63 said:

You ever hear the true story about the Emirati who genuinely tried to bring in a pet goat once .....

BM Jambo to the board please..... 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Freee!! said:

What was the guest charge for the goat?

Actually Secrets was a guest friendly hotel. So no charge.  But I'm pretty sure that's only true for the first 2 goats.... after that I would not be surprised if there was an upcharge 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, KWA said:

Is there another kind of PM?

On Sssss awhile back someone went to send what they was a PM to another BM and somehow it ended up being an open message. If you went to the recipient's profile page it was right there for anyone to read. I never saw it but the sender was very upset.

4 hours ago, thumper63 said:

On Sssss awhile back someone went to send what they was a PM to another BM and somehow it ended up being an open message. If you went to the recipient's profile page it was right there for anyone to read. I never saw it but the sender was very upset.

Yes, I remember it.  Yogi-something was involved IIRC and was most displeased when it was explained that he caused the issue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thumper63 said:

And he blamed the forum software rather than taken ownership of his own stupidity.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Thumbs Up 1