Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

On 3/15/2020 at 11:40 PM, tingtong2k said:

I believe it has 24 rooms but I remember something about it ‘qualifying’ for a hotel! Technically it’s one room short when kept the prices of rent down etc. So at 1000baht a night x 24 room, 24,000b daily / 720,000b per month (£18,000 UK) revenue for the rooms excluding the cost of running the place. God damn it...and I was looking to get hold of the number for the hot receptionist I’ve been wanting to ask out for drinks/dinner 

23. Dan surely corrects me., if I am wrong.

23. Dan surely corrects me., if I am wrong.

I think it’s the room they converted to be the storage which bought it down to 23. But that was never really a room now it too tiny. Had that been in London it would have been worth £250k [emoji1787][emoji15]

On 3/21/2020 at 6:45 AM, thumper63 said:

Actually Secrets was a guest friendly hotel. So no charge.  But I'm pretty sure that's only true for the first 2 goats.... after that I would not be surprised if there was an upcharge 

No surprises for You. That's what i remember being told by reliable sources, when i asked.

Just now, tingtong2k said:

I think it’s the room they converted to be the storage which bought it down to 23. But that was never really a room now it too tiny. Had that been in London it would have been worth £250k emoji1787.pngemoji15.png

That's the way my counting went.

Potentially, quite a lot but what would be the point anymore?
So let me just say that having been personally involved with Secrets Hotel for over 10 years I am very sad to see it close almost certainly for good.
The Hotel was the only part of Secrets business that continuously made a profit throughout that time period and even as little as 10 days ago was fully booked.
I am particularly sad for Tuy who was a loyal fixture in the office for many years and Gif who has headed up the Reception Team also for many years and known to work many a 12 hour shift.  How are they going to find alternative suitable employment when for months ahead all the hotels in Pattaya will be virtually empty?

As a former bar manager at Secrets who did a little to help in the hotel i would echo your sentiments, especially about all the staff involved losing their jobs. An excellent crew.
  • Like 1

Saw these pics and thought of you .. Thai models from 1968 [emoji6] 
212EB408-E226-466A-881D-34977D5EEA30.jpeg.90100086213d020c68a626ff5cc1396e.jpeg

07F4CDF5-17F6-42AA-A705-F5709E5E5186.jpeg.847656c0c8f099ea4e5b7b5d58457041.jpeg

18F0BC3B-AEB5-4D66-9EED-2DBB2D5CB9A8.jpeg.78c04768c4c5a7d56d8a83aca0a09816.jpeg

9FFAF7A5-2764-4277-BDF9-7114C1197BA2.jpeg.e3d625e294c2b4941e50461e364da237.jpeg

But these can’t be Thai ladies from 1968 because as everybody always says, ladies back in the day were pencil thin and all under 50 kg.
Of course these photographs and my memories beg to differ.

16 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

look pretty healthily  cachectic  to me 😉

Cachetic?

Isn't that "wasting away" from some dire illness?

So "healthily cachetic" is an oxymoron then?

I can think of an amusing definition of "oxymoron" but it would probably get me banned. 😀

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/20/2020 at 4:13 AM, thumper63 said:

5555... I think you've got a great plan there. I know UKguy would pay top dollar to get a photo of himself and that goat up on the 6th floor.

Oooops..... don't tell Mo I mentioned that damn goat. It's a big nono

I heard ya but cannot police it on this forum so go on about the goat to your hearts content. 😁

• Haha 3

I looked at Secrets Cambodia facebook page......And from the look of their current videos it looks like its deader than a doorknob these days.......But at least I guess they are still open?  But I think many other bars had to close there....

Edited by fforest

7 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Then there was MO coming down to the bar looking for a roll of any sort of sticky tape But that is for another episode. 

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

We had to bring in a rule that no overnight guests were allowed in the room who had more than two legs.

Isn't it time for those "in the know" to seriously consider writing a book ? I for one would pay in advance for a copy or two. Obviously, the names of the participants might need to be changed to minimize embarrassment.

Isn't it time for those "in the know" to seriously consider writing a book ? I for one would pay in advance for a copy or two. Obviously, the names of the participants might need to be changed to minimize embarrassment.
After I left Secrets I was approached by somebody that had a writer and a publisher to tell my story a managing the bar or managing a bar here in Pattaya. I quickly turned him down because I'm just too lazy but I've got a lot of memories some crazy crazy shit throughout the years

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I looked at Secrets Cambodia facebook page......And from the look of their current videos it looks like its deader than a doorknob these days.......But at least I guess they are still open?  But I think many other bars had to close there....

Somebody replied here that they were open but no music and no lights while it's a live music bar so I'm not sure how well that would go over why send.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Then there was MO coming down to the bar looking for a roll of any sort of sticky tape But that is for another episode. 

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

We had to bring in a rule that no overnight guests were allowed in the room who had more than two legs.

So someone thought they could get around the rule by taping the front and hind legs together?

On 3/26/2020 at 2:56 PM, Proffesor said:

I've heard some of your stories, which is why I'm seriously advocating a book - it would be a terrific read. If you're too lazy to do it yourself, I'm sure you could sit down with a ghost writer and reminisce - leaving them to put it into prose.

Possibly a joint collaboration between Larry and I could produce a winner full of stories that most would think of as fiction except they would all be true!

I think I still have plenty of material gathering dust somewhere. 😀

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Possibly a joint collaboration between Larry and I could produce a winner full of stories that most would think of as fiction except they would all be true!

I think I still have plenty of material gathering dust somewhere. 😀

As well as the audio tapes we're going to have to blur out a lot of faces

• Like 1