LOSO

Secrets Hotel closed

Well got an email today saying Secrets Hotel is closing....

'It is with regret that we have to advise that as a direct result of the world wide corona virus and the ongoing effect on tourism within Thailand Secrets Hotel will close as from 1st April 2020.

Please make alternative arrangements for your stay in Thailand.'

Sad times and I am guessing a lot will be hit by this problem.
  • Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Sad 1

It doesn't make it clear but there is no talk of re booking at a later date, just to make alternative arrangements, so I assume its closing permanently .

This explains why I was having trouble booking a room. Jeez it’s a real end of an era which is really sad. I know the hotel has been totally rammed with rooms booked out on my trips and that with the bar being open and closing during the scooters refit etc. But the hotel has always done really well.

• Sad 1

Yep it really is a shame. I spent many good trips in that hotel over the years and in the early days of it opening I was staying there  a few times every year. Very sad to see it go.

• Like 2

I believe it has 24 rooms but I remember something about it ‘qualifying’ for a hotel! Technically it’s one room short when kept the prices of rent down etc. So at 1000baht a night x 24 room, 24,000b daily / 720,000b per month (£18,000 UK) revenue for the rooms excluding the cost of running the place. God damn it...and I was looking to get hold of the number for the hot receptionist I’ve been wanting to ask out for drinks/dinner 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry .. not being negative .. but, I am not surprised .. it was inevitable ... 

A pretty good run for them ...

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, LOSO said:

Yep it really is a shame. I spent many good trips in that hotel over the years and in the early days of it opening I was staying there  a few times every year. Very sad to see it go.

Yeah, stayed there about 7 or 8 times. 

Always enjoyed my stays there and the staff were great. 

But times change etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hope there is a future for the place, always like staying there, so close for Walking street. 

• Like 1

You know I’d say...never say never...the world can all change within minutes, hours and few days... which we’ve all seen in recent days. The world will be different but that place could re-open Our world goes into these funny cycles, will we need a forum to get the attraction back in when social media may yet take a different turn who knows! By then us guys will too old to enjoy it...and still be thinking about the glory days 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Very true! Great memories and who knows what the future holds 

Will remember that steep staircase all my life and Room 109 the most don't tell ex moderator MO from Secrets................. or Starshine or Boyds or Larry or .... 

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Stillearly said:

The stairs ...

12D0C1E7-CB92-4716-9CF8-E88EBA98FCCE.jpeg

The stairway to heaven 😀

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

The stairs ...

I always let my prize for the night go 1st, some how it was always easier following a sexy ass! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sad news indeed..... 

But it was a FANTASTIC run while it lasted. I was really hoping to bring my nephews over and show them where all those photos came from. It's truly the end of an era 

ByBy Secrets....... and thank you for showing me such a great time. I was really lucky to find you when I did. 

• Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, Jambo said:

Potentially, quite a lot but what would be the point anymore?

So let me just say that having been personally involved with Secrets Hotel for over 10 years I am very sad to see it close almost certainly for good.

The Hotel was the only part of Secrets business that continuously made a profit throughout that time period and even as little as 10 days ago was fully booked.

I am particularly sad for Tuy who was a loyal fixture in the office for many years and Gif who has headed up the Reception Team also for many years and known to work many a 12 hour shift.  How are they going to find alternative suitable employment when for months ahead all the hotels in Pattaya will be virtually empty?

Great points there, and there are some great staff who will now suffer as a consequence of it closing. It really is a sad situation and it doesn't end with the closure of the hotel, for some that's the beginning of so many more problems to come.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, LOSO said:

Great points there, and there are some great staff who will now suffer as a consequence of it closing. It really is a sad situation and it doesn't end with the closure of the hotel, for some that's the beginning of so many more problems to come.

Nothing specific to Secrets or their staff.

Businesses born, raise, succeed (or not)  , go broke...

Staff goes and come,  factory closes,staff is laid off. 

Key point is that the employer respects the law and when laying off people pays them what they are entitled to.

So did Secrets paid their staff the appropriate compensation  ? ? 

13 hours ago, Jambo said:

I am particularly sad for Tuy who was a loyal fixture in the office for many years

That is sad she is a great person who always looked after me always a smile on her face.

• Like 3

Sad news indeed..... 
But it was a FANTASTIC run while it lasted. I was really hoping to bring my nephews over and show them where all those photos came from. It's truly the end of an era 
ByBy Secrets....... and thank you for showing me such a great time. I was really lucky to find you when I did. 

If I bought it out right...I’ll be selling tickets for a tour ...it will be expensive...I’ll charge extra if you want to run around the rooms and sniff the bar
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 10:01 AM, Stillearly said:

The stairs ...

was ready to stay there for 2+mths back in 2014,but saw the stairs and was out of there.

can't handle those thai stairs sober let alone pissed.

stayed in a place for 8mths back in the 1996/97 in soi yamotto,but iwas younger and better able to handle stairs,not 20years older,no way.

regards

grayray

10 minutes ago, grayray said:

was ready to stay there for 2+mths back in 2014,but saw the stairs and was out of there.

can't handle those thai stairs sober let alone pissed.

stayed in a place for 8mths back in the 1996/97 in soi yamotto,but iwas younger and better able to handle stairs,not 20years older,no way.

regards

grayray

Saw these pics and thought of you .. Thai models from 1968 😉 

212EB408-E226-466A-881D-34977D5EEA30.jpeg

07F4CDF5-17F6-42AA-A705-F5709E5E5186.jpeg

18F0BC3B-AEB5-4D66-9EED-2DBB2D5CB9A8.jpeg

9FFAF7A5-2764-4277-BDF9-7114C1197BA2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 1