No point in going to Angeles city now

Yesitisdakid

11 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

No point going to Angeles.... Ever. Horrendous place.

When were you there mate?

I can agree it can be a 'marmite' place, some love it some hate it.  I am in the bracket that for a week I will always have a better time there than in Thailand.

• Like 2

Larry you may have missed todays changes.  we have two thread, covid in the LOS and OUt.  I will leave this thread for a while but only as I assume it was created in error.  and the content IS important.  but its now in the PI section.  and is a one off

cheers

16 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Keeping all the corona stuff to only two threads going well then 🤣

It's what happens when you try and fix a problem that doesn't exist and you actually end up creating a one.

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

When were you there mate?

I can agree it can be a 'marmite' place, some love it some hate it.  I am in the bracket that for a week I will always have a better time there than in Thailand.

Last October. I had a laugh but the place itself is woeful. The food is shocking, the infrastructure non-exsistent, the bars are shacks, they will put anything in a bikini doesn't matter if she is underage or 5 stone over weight. It's dark and dangerous. To each their own but not for me.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Last October. I had a laugh but the place itself is woeful. The food is shocking, the infrastructure non-exsistent, the bars are shacks, they will put anything in a bikini doesn't matter if she is underage or 5 stone over weight. It's dark and dangerous. To each their own but not for me.

Thought the 5 stone overweight bird was your thing lol

• Haha 2

pal of mine in the UK just telling me his neighbour has corona, confirmed.   spain on total lockdown but, love this, media is allowed anywhere to keep the public up to date.  trust me if thast happens here, media will be fuckin no where.  unless we invest in a drone..

2 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

pal of mine in the UK just telling me his neighbour has corona, confirmed.   spain on total lockdown but, love this, media is allowed anywhere to keep the public up to date.  trust me if thast happens here, media will be fuckin no where.  unless we invest in a drone..

What's that got to do with Angeles 😄

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Every single time, without exception, that I went to AC I vowed I would never go back for the reasons you describe except the reference to the bars and shacks.

But every time the sun went down and I was out out once again on the eternal hunt for the holy grail of shags in the company of the usual suspects from Pattaya, all was forgiven.  Constant laughter, alcohol, pussy and like minded friends is a heady mix and I enjoyed it to the full.

Unfortunately, Larry is right. The ongoing closure of all the bars etc will kill it dead.

Quite possibly it is going to be the same in Pattaya whether the closures become official or by natural selection. It is going to be months before the tourists return to Pattaya and how many in the entertainment business are going to survive in the interim?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, misteregg said:

As a bar owner here in Patts I feel great sorrow for those in Angeles.
Staff out of work with families to feed and small business owners possibly going to the wall.

Based on reading some of the reports that have come out I would say probably 80% Chance is going to happen here as well suicide absolute suicide this town is going to dry up temporarily anyway. Depending on how long they're closed if in fact they close will determine just how well they can rebuild. Time will tell

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jambo said:

Every single time, without exception, that I went to AC I vowed I would never go back for the reasons you describe except the reference to the bars and shacks.

But every time the sun went down and I was out out once again on the eternal hunt for the holy grail of shags in the company of the usual suspects from Pattaya, all was forgiven.  Constant laughter, alcohol, pussy and like minded friends is a heady mix and I enjoyed it to the full.

Unfortunately, Larry is right. The ongoing closure of all the bars etc will kill it dead.

Quite possibly it is going to be the same in Pattaya whether the closures become official or by natural selection. It is going to be months before the tourists return to Pattaya and how many in the entertainment business are going to survive in the interim?

Like you I had a good laugh with some good guys. In fact I dare say we moved in the same company. But I just didn't like Angeles. I can't imagine how boring it must be there without any bars. At least with Pattaya you have shopping malls, cinemas, bowling alleys,  good food, a beach, koh larn. Be careful up in Mae Sot that air pollution is shocking.