Photos not loading

I've noticed the same. I wonder if it's because of the number of photos in one post the forum software eventually times out before they're all loaded for display.

@john luke, do you resize your photos before uploading? If not, I'm wondering if the system gets bogged down on resizing them before displaying.

edited to add: I'm using Chrome on my laptop with a fibre connection that has 200+ Mbps D/L speed. So doubt it's my internet connection that is the issue.

Edited by forcebwithu

40 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just opened it , looks okay to me ..

What are you using ? I use Chrome and have the same results as below, I've just tried it on Edge and same result as before, first few photos load and then loads of non loaded.

39 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I've noticed the same. I wonder if it's because of the number of photos in one post the forum software eventually times out before they're all loaded for display.

@john luke, do you resize your photos before uploading? If not, I'm wondering if the system gets bogged down on resizing them before displaying.

edited to add: I'm using Chrome on my laptop with a fibre connection that has 200+ Mbps D/L speed. So doubt it's my internet connection that is the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one worth looking at as far as non-loading photos go.

https://thailand-247.com/index.php?/topic/377-street-photographs-from-pattaya-area/page/32/

john luke and Yesitisdakid's photos don't come out well for me, but forcebwithu has just added a post with multiple photos that all display fine.  Looking further up the page he has another post that also displays fine.  Posts 782 and 794.

Why should these be fine and others from different posters be no good?

Does anyone else see this or have any suggestions?

23 minutes ago, KWA said:

Here's one worth looking at as far as non-loading photos go.

https://thailand-247.com/index.php?/topic/377-street-photographs-from-pattaya-area/page/32/

john luke and Yesitisdakid's photos don't come out well for me, but forcebwithu has just added a post with multiple photos that all display fine.  Looking further up the page he has another post that also displays fine.  Posts 782 and 794.

Why should these be fine and others from different posters be no good?

Does anyone else see this or have any suggestions?

The difference with my photos is I upload them to Flickr first and then post links to the photos on their server. As the Flickr server is quite fast, there's no delay in the display of photos.

Other BM's are uploading their photos to the forum server. I think what is happening is that server is overloaded and then times out. Perhaps @Lanzalad can have a look at the server logs and maybe figure out a way to resolve the problem. Might be worth looking into something called "lazy load" which I believe PA uses.

• Thanks 1

image.png

image.png

I think it may be the file size or method they are uploaded to the forum.

Larry and I both load the photographs by uploading.  Forcebewithyou, I think loads onto Flicker and then adds the photographs with a link to Flicker where the images are stored.

19 hours ago, john luke said:

image.png

image.png

I think it may be the file size or method they are uploaded to the forum.

Larry and I both load the photographs by uploading.  Forcebewithyou, I think loads onto Flicker and then adds the photographs with a link to Flicker where the images are stored.

Larry's photos always showed, it was only yours that didn't for me ? I'm thinking something may have been changed now though as I've just looked and I can see all of yours now ?

• 3 years later...

Hello All.

I have noticed that since moving to Thailand, none of the pics in the threads are displayed. I tried both the hotel internet and my mobile phone as the hotspot device.

Would welcome any suggestions on what settings I need to change to see the pics. I have not made any changes to the settings on my laptop.

Thank you in advance.

10 minutes ago, rajs123 said:

Hello All.

I have noticed that since moving to Thailand, none of the pics in the threads are displayed. I tried both the hotel internet and my mobile phone as the hotspot device.

Would welcome any suggestions on what settings I need to change to see the pics. I have not made any changes to the settings on my laptop.

Thank you in advance.

It's a system problem. We're all seeing the same issue.

4 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I'm not having a problem today, so thought it had been resolved. 

Photos in posts older than a day are still not loading. I'm thinking they might have switched servers that host the photos and forgot to, or are in the process of migrating the old photos to the new server.

BTW, don't you have a plane to catch. :default_biggrin: Safe travels.

Edited by forcebwithu

3 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Photos in posts older than a day are still not loading. I'm thinking they might have switched servers that host the photos and forgot to, or are in the process of migrating the old photos to the new server.

That line about re-indexing is gone from the front page.

EDIT:

Just checked in Funny pics, images stored on other servers are still showing, on the forum server are not.

Edited by Freee!!
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

BTW, don't you have a plane to catch. :default_biggrin: Safe travels.

Ah! That explains it! 

And thanks - have just boarded plane. 🤐

8 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

That line about re-indexing is gone from the front page.

EDIT:

Just checked in Funny pics, images stored on other servers are still showing, on the forum server are not.

Only took about a year for the re-indexing to finish, or for the message to get turned off. My guess was the end of the year.

• Like 1