Jump to content
Jambo

We may run out of bog rolls but..........

Recommended Posts

Looks fantastic.

 

My wife’s motto is if you can’t eat it, it doesn’t get planted.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice one ...some of those cabbage leaves might come in handy when you run out of the old Andrex .... :default_drinks:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2020 at 6:35 AM, Jambo said:

We may run out of bog rolls but we should be okay for fresh vegetables as my Sai has one thing in common with my grandad, they both have green fingers. Everything they plant seems to grow and do well.

Grandad Len grew award winning roses; drunk 6 pints of draft Guiness every single day and got banned from every pub in Highgate Village except the Red Lion.

Sai grows excellent fresh vegetables.

                                                                                      Enter The Green Zone:

[...]

My one and only contribution - 6 tomato plants which HAVE to be the best ever or I am not going to live down my boasting. 🤣

                                   green toms.jpg

Just be very careful those tomatoplants don't get eaten by slugs and snails.

 

EDIT: One thing I am missing and which I think would be good is Chayote (ฟักแม้ว).

Edited by Freee!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indian guy in front of me in Sainsbury's this morning started haggling with the poor old pensioner giving out packs of Andrex. "What is your best price type of crap ...'

I told him take it mate or move on but in somewhat stronger Cockney London-Irish vernacular.

Unreal days :default_1092:

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Indian guy in front of me in Sainsbury's this morning started haggling with the poor old pensioner giving out packs of Andrex. "What is your best price type of crap ...'

I told him take it mate or move on but in somewhat stronger Cockney London-Irish vernacular.

Unreal days :default_1092:

Oxbridge punt was probably wasted on him.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Oxbridge punt was probably wasted on him.

 

He bought the cheaper variety and moved on ...quickly ....... Oxbridge punt :default_drinks: brilliant.

Talking to a really nice London black guy in the checkout line late 50s bloke, we were laughing and bantering giving it all out.

He sees this little old frail lady behind him with only one item ..a copy of The Sun.

He politely asks her: "Oh would you like to go first you only have one item'? ......... she mumbles... "No f**k off"...... we both looked at each other and then ...well we laughed !!

Doing our best !!!! Life eh .... 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Oxbridge punt was probably wasted on him.

Should have given him a Marquess of Queensberry jab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with toilet paper is that no matter how much you have on hand.... you are always running out.

Now I have never had a reason to actually keep track as I just keep pulling sheets off the roll till theres no more.... and then I replace it. But I would venture a guess that on average, a roll lasts me over 2 to 3 weeks. So I counted up the rolls I have on hand and it comes to 93. So technically I am safe for for 189 to 273 weeks

20200320_155951.jpg

20200320_160011.jpg

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

The problem with toilet paper is that no matter how much you have on hand.... you are always running out.

Now I have never had a reason to actually keep track as I just keep pulling sheets off the roll till theres no more.... and then I replace it. But I would venture a guess that on average, a roll lasts me over 2 to 3 weeks. So I counted up the rolls I have on hand and it comes to 93. So technically I am safe for for 189 to 273 weeks

20200320_155951.jpg

20200320_160011.jpg

An example of why shelves are currently empty ... 

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

The problem with toilet paper is that no matter how much you have on hand.... you are always running out.

Now I have never had a reason to actually keep track as I just keep pulling sheets off the roll till theres no more.... and then I replace it. But I would venture a guess that on average, a roll lasts me over 2 to 3 weeks. So I counted up the rolls I have on hand and it comes to 93. So technically I am safe for for 189 to 273 weeks

20200320_155951.jpg

20200320_160011.jpg

You lucky *astar*

We not so lucky here

90510647_2752334874845637_3745243939179855872_o.jpg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 4:35 PM, Jambo said:

We may run out of bog rolls but we should be okay for fresh vegetables as my Sai has one thing in common with my grandad, they both have green fingers. Everything they plant seems to grow and do well.

Grandad Len grew award winning roses; drunk 6 pints of draft Guiness every single day and got banned from every pub in Highgate Village except the Red Lion.

Sai grows excellent fresh vegetables.

                                                                                      Enter The Green Zone:

 

                                     The Green Zone.jpg

Virtually eveything in this plot is eaten.

                                    green 1.jpg

 

                                    Green 2.jpg 

There is nothing more satisfying than eating fresh items you have grown yourself.

                                  green 3.jpg

                                   green4.jpg         

                                    

                                     green 5.jpg                   

                                   green 7.jpg

 

                                    green 9.jpg

                                   My one and only contribution - 6 tomato plants which HAVE to be the best ever or I am not going to live down my boasting. 🤣

                                   green toms.jpg

 

                         Sai, the gardener herself up a tree pruning

                                  Sai pruning.jpg

 

 DANGER .....................................................................iNCOMING!

                                green incoming.jpg

 

 

Khun D,"greenfingers" but can she do 6 pints a day?:default_drinks::default_biggrin:

that garden is a credit to her mate,

regards

grayray

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

see a Asian bloke in the market to-day with 4x24 slabs of water,asked him you live in this area,he said "yes mate" well I said you would know that the water we get from our house taps is the best in the state,just need 4 bottles and keep re-filling them out of the tap,he just looked at me like I had ask to f**k his wife or teenage daughter,gets to the check out and the "butterball"look-a-like security guy.said,"one slab each mate", and grabed 3 slabs an walked off,half the shop started to clap and cheer,they was getting pissed of with hoaders,most who are Asians[the clappers/cheerers] and before any you numbnuts start with ya racist bullshit,it was Asians who was fed up with what is going in supermarkets and they are getting shit.

regards

grayray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Starshine said:

You lucky *astar*

We not so lucky here

90510647_2752334874845637_3745243939179855872_o.jpg

 

It could be worse...

 

3tb0yi.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2020 at 8:12 AM, Stillearly said:

An example of why shelves are currently empty ... 

Actually I have not bought any TP in over 6 months. All that I have on hand I bought way before the virus came around. One thing you learn to do when you live in the mountains is to buy by bulk. It can be a long hard winter. I have lived here in the mountains 44 years and one learns the hard way to always be stocked up on the necessities. Farmers and ranchers have known this forever. City folk on the other hand have been lulled into a false sense of security by Tescos an 7-11. Most people go to the store to get a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk. We go to the store and stock up with a months worth of vittles. It's just the way we have always lived. Everything's fine till the shit hits the fan. And the shit's hit the fan now

 

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...