Wot u gonna do?

Bazle

On 3/27/2020 at 2:21 AM, Aqualung said:

I have a lovely looking wife like you do Mike but unfortunately she's in Sweden preparing Thai food for the Swedish masses. If I was with her I would be keeping fit by doing some bedroom gymnastics rather than trying to headbutt the upper door frame. 

Only joking of course. Stay safe. 

I have a lovely looking wife as well @Aqualung, unfortunately she’s not in Sweden, she’s here with me 24/7. 

I spent a couple of hours yesterday cleaning all the window cills outside, just to get some time alone. I’m planning on doing them again today. ☹️

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, AJSP said:

Excellent link, thank you.

maybe it’s time to learn a language ...🙏

Very hard to find a reliable and free Thai language learning app or website.

Edited by dcfc2007

Will Pattaya be changed?

Farang catering places had already been closing due to lack of farangs, many more will surely go?

The girls, this will be a great leveller for many, will it change anything there?

That's just a couple of examples. 

Will Pattaya, what's left of it, be even more lost to what many of us remember, or will it be a general 'reset' to a time we thought was lost?

Far too early to say for sure.

Thailand as a developing nation simply can't shut its economy and society down for months. They estimate tourism accounts for 20% of GDP. As trump says the cure can not be worse than the illness.

My guess, and it's just a guess, is that over the coming months there will be less and less cases in Europe. Particularly as it gets more hot and humid. 

I can see Thailand permitting tourists entry again towards the end of july and August. I suspect they will allow bars and restaurants to open under certain conditions.

I don't forsee an apocalyptic scenario in which bars, restaurants and hotels close for good. I think many will beg, borrow and steal their way to survival.

It won't be pretty, not all will survive, but Pattaya will re-emerge from this.

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Like 2

Same same but different... 😉 

depends on how long this lasts .... a few months , a year ...  

I'm not that bothered about getting back to a lost time ... had as much fun on recent trips than I ever did ....nor am I worried about western  restaurants, I very rarely go to them ... hope to see my favourite bars survive though .. and I hope to return as soon as both the UK and Thailand given the all clear 

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I can see Thailand permitting tourists entry again towards the end of july and August. I suspect they will allow bars and restaurants to open under certain conditions.

I tend to agree with this timeline it will be different for sure but will survive no doubt

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tommy dee said:

spent a lot of time building a terrible looking but functional studio at home.  and lucky as i can access every unit in the studio as long as we have internet.  today making covid spots to replace the ads that have had to cancel.  so now running still, but at a guaranteed big loss every day...even got given two shite wardrobes to use as a divsion to keep echos down.  but it still feels like being in a time warp 🙂

Back to the days of radio Caroline broadcasting we all listened to on our tranis. 😀

• Like 2

I predict that this thing is going to get worse before it gets better. People are wondering which will kill them first, cabin fever or the virus. If it lasts much longer people are going back to their normal lives, virus or not.

• Like 3

I predict that this thing is going to get worse before it gets better. People are wondering which will kill them first, cabin fever or the virus. If it lasts much longer people are going back to their normal lives, virus or not.

Cabin fever for me.

I enjoy my own company so social distancing is no problem for me but being stuck in the house is doing my head in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Cabin fever for me.

I enjoy my own company so social distancing is no problem for me but being stuck in the house is doing my head in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too and it's only for 2 days as I work for a essential service Monday to friday

2 hours ago, Gary said:

I don't think there's much point in keeping people in "lock down" much longer than 4 weeks as clearly the vast majority will not have the virus, and those that did have it ought to be recovered or worst case dead, so at some point authorities will need to relax current measures and let people get on with it.

I do think they'll extend ours from April 6th to end of April just be on the safe side, especially since cases are still on the rise. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Krapow said:

Will Pattaya, what's left of it, be even more lost to what many of us remember, or will it be a general 'reset' to a time we thought was lost?

Many bars will change hands for sure as current owners were already struggling to make ends meet before the crisis, but there's never a shortage of people wanting to "live the dream"..

Most girls can't even leave and go home so they'll be around and more keen than ever to go to work. 

Biggest question I guess is when will the tourists start coming back?

Don't forget many people here are out of a job too and layoffs will happen cross industry in months to come so holidaying in Thailand will probably not be too of the priority list. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Esco said:

Many bars will change hands for sure as current owners were already struggling to make ends meet before the crisis, but there's never a shortage of people wanting to "live the dream"..

Most girls can't even leave and go home so they'll be around and more keen than ever to go to work. 

Biggest question I guess is when will the tourists start coming back?

Don't forget many people here are out of a job too and layoffs will happen cross industry in months to come so holidaying in Thailand will probably not be too of the priority list. 

Good points.

I don't know about Holland but in the UK people are getting 80% of their pay here.

Given there is nothing open to spend money on I think most people are going to come out of this quids in.

The biggest effect on tourist numbers will be the exchange rate and and restrictions imposed. If for example they insist you need a 'health certificate' dated within the last 72hrs.

I do believe the effects of this will rumble on for a couple of years. But the apocalyptic predictions are just too soon to make.

Let's wait and see.

Worst case scenario some 'experts' are predict social distancing measures to last until September 2021.

My guess is holiday wise this summer will be a complete write off...... October half term will be manic with families desperate for a bit of sun before the winter..... then flights will get back to normal with airlines doing deals to “buy” business share.

but if the virus gets into Africa EVERYTHING changes for everyone 

• Great Info 1