Wot u gonna do?

Bazle

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Pattaya could end up looking like Sihanoukville.

China has destroyed Sihanoukville and right now thousands of them are bailing out and heading back to China. Cambodian property owners who built apartment complexes are in trouble, they have lost their Chinese renters and are going bust.

• Like 1

Good to see I am not alone in learning Thai....I have never been so frustrated in my life at times LOL! Wifey teaches me back in Thailand and now with the current lock up, we work on it more here too. I am not fluent by any means, but like alot of you, I am getting a bit better. 

I find that I can speak Thai better, then I understand it. Some are the other way around, I feel so bad at times when people speak to me and I "strain" to understand  what they are asking me. It seems to me too that they speak so friggan fast!  One of the biggest surprises I found when living there was the amount of guys there, that speak fluently that are obviously not Thai. One friend at the gym told me he learned fluent Thai in 3 years and You Tube videos was a big help.......he just kept doing reps on a daily basis. 

I got was getting cocky one night downtown with friends in from USA right? Tried to order my dinner in Thai to this rather nice looking girl down at Nana. Big mistake, she told me though it was "cute" that I tried to tell her what I wanted. I struggle with the food groups big time.

So wifey helps me and Fridays lesson consisted of these and many others:

Fish..Po Pla

Monkey...Lo Ling

Horse..Mo Ma

Teeth...Fo Fan

Snake...Ngo Ngu

I do know her cell# in Thai in case while there I get in trouble....Soon, Pad, Noong, Cee Cee Song, Jet, Hok, Hok, Jet. 😄

• Like 6

It’s going to be a long road to recovery for Pattaya,but I have faith in the Thais ,that they will be back up and running as soon as they can.

I don’t think anywhere in the world will be the same.

I have a trip planned in January,so it will be interesting to see where we are at that point.

Probably a lot of the smaller establishments will go to the wall for good, the bigger ones may have to close for a while (6 months or more) but will open up again to test the waters, if or when things pick up.

I’ve always been of the opinion that big money will snap up waterfront properties and develop them into more expensive venues/condos or hotels in the future. 

Probably find that the Pattaya most of you knew will now be smaller and most of the bar/club/restaurant scene moved back from the seaside roads. 
The girls will come back from the sticks as they always do, mainly because they and their families will be desperate for money after a long time without much. 
But that’s just my opinion, what do I know. 🤪

I think the market will determine to what degree Pattaya returns. There were already too many agogos around for the talent available. When you have women with flabby spare tires around the middle working the poll, you know there are just way too many venues for that. Way too many beer bars as well. How many times have any of us walked past 100 beer bars just to get to our favorite watering hole and might see a few dozen customers at most spread out among all those bars? The town was flooded with just too many.

The Indian restaurants....hope 90% of those go belly up. An eye sore is what they were. I do hope the massage businesses can recover, that is the thing I miss the most about Pattaya, aside from the craic with mates at a few favorite bars that I go to. No better deal than an hour with a skilled professional to work out the kinks, and maybe a little extra if she's willing, or for an after work tryst back in your room.

The street food vendors I hope will survive. I always had at least one meal a day from those carts, those kebabs or an order of shrimp fried rice. And what is better in the late afternoon than a fresh chunk of the sweetest, juiciest pineapple you've ever had from a street cart. Best 20 baht you can spend!

It will be back in some form or fashion, maybe the overall scene will be scaled down a bit, but for those of us who live there, or those that visit on a trip for a couple weeks once or twice a year, we will find our lane and enjoy the scenery and take part in whats available.

I think there will be a rebirth, so to speak, and whatever shape that Pattaya emerges from, it will still satisfy our wants and desires and leave us with new memories to relive in our mind as that town has never failed to do in the past.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

What I'm gonna do? 

Maybe I'm alone in thinking this (so be it), but I'm sick of seeing these "let's all sing together and clap together, get fit together and feel good together" online shite. 

So what I'm going to do is turn everything off that portrays it. Absolute load of bollocks. 

Instead, I'm concentrating on what really matters and we know what that is don't we? 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

What I'm gonna do? 

Maybe I'm alone in thinking this (so be it), but I'm sick of seeing these "let's all sing together and clap together, get fit together and feel good together" online shite. 

So what I'm going to do is turn everything off that portrays it. Absolute load of bollocks. 

Instead, I'm concentrating on what really matters and we know what that is don't we? 

Normal reaction for the snowflake generation who live in a parallel world full of dreams, princes and princesses. And since birth guided by regulations and social media. New version of the 1968 hippy generation. But at least that generation (ours) had our priorities right ....music, sex and drugs .... (Drugs replaced by alcohol for me)

I am sitting at the pool now, the new generation would each sit on their terrass, and texting each other how terrible things are and we should pray and sing. The old generation would sit together at the pool around a table drinking beer and having a good laugh. 

Who's right you think ? 

• Thumbs Up 1

At least at present I'm still employed, working me fecking nads off.  Machine's on biannual planned shutdown for maintenance and upgrades, 10-12 hour days through this past weekend and all week through next weekend as well. 

Bars and restaurants are closed (although a friend's pizza joint is open and he lets me carry beers out, one at a time, opened, to drink in front while "waiting for my order").  Drinking much less and spending MUCH less, often asleep by 10:00. 

Just saw the production schedule for next week, full steam ahead, so no slowdown/pay cuts on the horizon just yet.  Likely in May or June if this lasts that long, but one day at a time.

Got some money saved and can survive on half my pay (especially with bars and restaurants closed).  Company has promised to maintain everyone at 70% pay if the government shuts us down.

Good thing.  I hate watching TV and can only manage 2-3 wanks a day, so I'd go stir-crazy if I had to sit in this condo for weeks on end!

Edited by Rompho Ray
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/30/2020 at 5:54 AM, dcfc2007 said:

Tedros the WHO chief covered up a Cholera outbreak in his home country.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2017/05/13/health/candidate-who-director-general-ethiopia-cholera-outbreaks.amp.html

He should be removed from his position immediately.

Yea, I said the same thing well over a month ago .... the WHO is a totally corrupt, worthless and trust-less  organization ..... I am thinking the same about the CDC and the FDA .... serious changes need to be made to make these organizations responsible to the public and not caught up in endless bureaucratic bullshit

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

Well, I am having fun on the sea everyday ... going out in the long tail with Ziggy ... people aren't really isolating themselves inside ... the markets, stores, food stalls and everything else is still open ....

Still working every day ... Beach Gals flower shop is still open ... still doing business ( granted it is not as busy as it usually is ) ....

Drinking beers ( everywhere down here sells cold beer ) and eating good ....

For me ... it seems like nothing has really changed .... although it has ....

But life down here seems pretty normal ....

• Like 3

Speaking/reading Thai has it’s setbacks.
Spent the last two weeks getting messages from other bar owners asking me to translate the latest letter from the Governor of Chonburi.
I try to explain that i don’t speak legal Thai and most of these letters are written in what compares to Shakspearian English.
Anyway, I try my best.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Took the kids out to walk to the beach today.
Too bloody hot!!
Staying in tomorrow.

I was supposed to be flying out tonight ..... :default_cry: ..... looking forward to sharing a dry sherry with your good self and playing April Fools tricks on Larry. (Do you do that in the US??).

Ach well worse things happen at sea as the skipper of the Titanic once said before setting off from Belfast.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

I was supposed to be flying out tonight ..... :default_cry: ..... looking forward to sharing a dry sherry with your good self and playing April Fools tricks on Larry. (Do you do that in the US??).

Ach well worse things happen at sea as the skipper of the Titanic once said before setting off from Belfast.

Should have been my first night tonight ..... 😞 

• Sad 3

All depends what happens to the exchange rate.
There was talk about Thailand having to borrow money for the first time in years so that should weaken the impregnable Baht
I can see easy long haul travel being a thing of the past. Medical insurance and health certificates will be here to stay.

With governments not willing to support carbon emitting airlines, I can see ticket prices going up. But prices over here going down, as most bars and gogos wiped out. It will take time but it will come back better.

Then, in a few years time, the high speed rail link from BKK will transform Pattaya into more of a beach suburb of Bangkok.

It will survive but be very different.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, misteregg said:

All depends what happens to the exchange rate.
There was talk about Thailand having to borrow money for the first time in years so that should weaken the impregnable Baht
I can see easy long haul travel being a thing of the past. Medical insurance and health certificates will be here to stay.

With governments not willing to support carbon emitting airlines, I can see ticket prices going up. But prices over here going down, as most bars and gogos wiped out. It will take time but it will come back better.

Then, in a few years time, the high speed rail link from BKK will transform Pattaya into more of a beach suburb of Bangkok.

It will survive but be very different.

The Chinese are going to hoover up many businesses, condos and houses. Pattaya is going to be another sihnakouville.

The Chinese should be fucking nuked if they swoop in like vultures and buy up distressed businesses due to this.

They should be fucking ostracised by the whole world due to this anyway, cunts. Read something last night that was saying had they not covered this up at the start, the world numbers would be way smaller. Bat eating, repugnant locusts. They've already near obliterated the Rhino, Tiger, sharks etc.

I know it's not as easy at that, they drive the world economy, hold loads of other's debt etc.

But I said should, not would, sadly. And to see them cunts coming out of this and no doubt going to be even stronger while the rest of the world is crippled, is sickening. 

• Like 5
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Krapow said:

The Chinese should be fucking nuked if they swoop in like vultures and buy up distressed businesses due to this.

They should be fucking ostracised by the whole world due to this anyway, cunts. Read something last night that was saying had they not covered this up at the start, the world numbers would be way smaller. Bat eating, repugnant locusts. They've already near obliterated the Rhino, Tiger, sharks etc.

I know it's not as easy at that, they drive the world economy, hold loads of other's debt etc.

But I said should, not would, sadly. And to see them cunts coming out of this and no doubt going to be even stronger while the rest of the world is crippled, is sickening. 

Great post. 

They will clean up, developing nations that are taking a pounding will be desperate for cash, the Chinese will grab power and land in a way not seen since the empire builders of the 19th century.

I can see a massive East v West divide emerging from this. Huge anti-chinese sentiment now in many western nations. Many will expect the Chinese to pay for what happened.

Iain Duncan-Smith wrote a great piece explaining how our dependence on China was awful for us in the first place, and why our relationship can never be the same again.

The Donald was right!

• Like 1

When this is over I'll dress up as Adolf Hitler and goose step around parliament, shouting "all you useless bastards deserved gas you arseholes." And shit on 10 Downing Street steps. Anyone give me a gun I'll use it. Still got a grenade from WW2 given to me by my grandpa, time to pull the pin out. Peace...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, misteregg said:

I hope you are wrong and I am sure you hope so as well because if these 2 documents are needed after this has settled it will no doubt badly hurt your and all the other Bar and GoGo business. Many won't bother or can not get and will give Thailand a pass. I will not leave Thailand as I will be in that boat as well.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I hope you are wrong and I am sure you hope so as well because if these 2 documents are needed after this has settled it will no doubt badly hurt your and all the other Bar and GoGo business. Many won't bother or can not get and will give Thailand a pass. I will not leave Thailand as I will be in that boat as well.

its always bugged me that travel insurance can be bought for the equiv of 2K baht in the UK, yet so many dont buy it, then spend double that for one pop with the first bird they meet, all for 5 minutes if they are lucky.  I really believe travel ins should have been a requirement years ago.. the med certs will of course fade once all this is over.

I am in a pissed off mood today as we spend ages every year making a spoof april fools news and this year there is a ban on them.  but as always we will stick to the law.  maybe one day we can release it as a memory.  i am very stressed right now, doing the news is no way fun any more, and very mentally demanding.  a little light relief is in order and as we say in England "laughter is the best medicine"

• Like 1

Set up sons computer room for all his homework he's been sent online over the last few days. Shite loads of stuff coming thick and fast , I can't keep up. 🙁

Had to email school, which is still open for kids of parents who are frontline staff in NHS and other critical staff and kids who were on free school meals etc, to advise them not to ask kids to print off hundreds of pages of homework, because most of us are running out of printer ink and paper!

Got an email back to say they had'nt thought of that problem. Well get thinking, or he'll soon be writing on bog paper.

Apart from that, coping just fine with lockdown. The telly has'nt been on in days, so not being bothered with all the doom & gloom that's on every hour.

Plenty of food and wine in the cupboards, garden and woods to play in with my wife and son, what more could a man want.:default_party-smiley-048:

Edited by KhunDon
  • Like 4