Wot u gonna do?

Bazle

Out letting my dogs bite a few vandals. Making a poison to kill the jackdaws on my roof. Plastering, working on this house.

Leisurely drives out at night still got 55 rubble sacks to dump.

All that good stuff. 

And eating very well, salt chili chicken with chips tonight, litre of sherry and 12 Guinness to wash it down. 

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2020 at 9:41 AM, Steelers4Life said:

I learned Thai on my own, with the help of Thai Language.com and the GF. I am beginning to engage in conversations now. I understand more than I speak. It comes in very handy. But you gotta learn when to turn it on or turn it off.

Me as well ... I understand Thai very well ... I never tell any Thais that I understand or speak ..... I always just sit and listen to everyone around ... now and then ( not very often ) I will say something ... but, not often ... the most that I ever speak any Thai is to taxi drivers ... ordering food or a beer .... sometimes asking for directions when I get lost in the deep South  

I would have never wasted my time learning .. but, since I have lived here so long ... I thought it might be to my advantage to at least learn a little .. the more I learned the easier it became 

I find it a good weapon to have in the arsenal ... it makes navigating your life here much easier ... just by listening ... but, most Thai conversation in groups is pretty superfluous IMHO 

When I speak Thai ( which isn't great .. but correct  ) I always get a double take from Thais .. maybe out of surprise .. it seems I always have to repeat myself then they understand 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

When I speak Thai ( which isn't great .. but correct  ) I always get a double take from Thais .. maybe out of surprise .. it seems I always have to repeat myself then they understand 

Same ...they think I am mumbling something and then I repeat slowly word for word and then you get the ubiquitous .............. OH !!! Phassaa Thai ................. :default_1087:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Same ...they think I am mumbling something and then I repeat slowly word for word and then you get the ubiquitous .............. OH !!! Phassaa Thai ................. :default_1087:

Falang Wao Lao 

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2020 at 10:28 PM, misteregg said:

Speaking/reading Thai has it’s setbacks.
Spent the last two weeks getting messages from other bar owners asking me to translate the latest letter from the Governor of Chonburi.
I try to explain that i don’t speak legal Thai and most of these letters are written in what compares to Shakspearian English.
Anyway, I try my best.

thats the issue we have for the news too.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 11:24 AM, Jambo said:

I am ashamed of the fact that after 17 years of first coming to Thailand and 14 years living here my Thai is nidnoy.

For some reason I just cannot learn other languages.

I should be fluent in French and passable in Spanish but apart from "ami vous les blow jobs and dos San Miguels chief" I am a waste of space.

My wife Sai could not speak one word of English when we met and now switches from Thai to English like throwing a switch.

As an adult I have a whole bunch of formal qualifications I gained through study and examination so I am determined if nothing else but I simply cannot grasp other languages. Perhaps it is psycological block as I did absolutely loath my French teacher at School who once wrote one of my reports

"He is lazy, untidy, never works well and is a disgrace to himself and his class ."

Funny how I can quote that word perfect after all these years.

Unfortunately, there may have been a grain of truth in what the bitch said.🤣

I never was interested in learning it as if ever i had to give staff shit for something i did not want to understand when they said boy that Larry is a asshole f**k him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/31/2020 at 11:52 AM, Krapow said:

The Chinese should be fucking nuked if they swoop in like vultures and buy up distressed businesses due to this.

They should be fucking ostracised by the whole world due to this anyway, cunts. Read something last night that was saying had they not covered this up at the start, the world numbers would be way smaller. Bat eating, repugnant locusts. They've already near obliterated the Rhino, Tiger, sharks etc.

I know it's not as easy at that, they drive the world economy, hold loads of other's debt etc.

But I said should, not would, sadly. And to see them cunts coming out of this and no doubt going to be even stronger while the rest of the world is crippled, is sickening. 

China has successfully pulled off germ (virus) warfare sneak attack (think of Pearl Harbor WWII) on the world and now plans to make economic gains from it. China allowed people from infected areas that had a high probability of being infected to exit China and travel the world.  Then China lied about the severity, lethality and the transmission of the virus to the World. Then the Western Press expunges any reference of the place of origin in the name of the virus (Wuhan Virus, China Virus) for the sake of political correctness.  China fails to close the source of the Wahun Virus The Live Animal Markets. Already the source 2 previous Pandemics.  Then there's the disappearing Doctors in China.

The world should Quarantine China until …  

Edited by CalEden

3 hours ago, CalEden said:

China has successfully pulled off germ (virus) warfare sneak attack (think of Pearl Harbor WWII) on the world and now plans to make economic gains from it. China allowed people from infected areas that had a high probability of being infected to exit China and travel the world.  Then China lied about the severity, lethality and the transmission of the virus to the World. Then the Western Press expunges any reference of the place of origin in the name of the virus (Wuhan Virus, China Virus) for the sake of political correctness.  China fails to close the source of the Wahun Virus The Live Animal Markets. Already the source 2 previous Pandemics.  Then there's the disappearing Doctors in China.

Hmmmmm, maybe you should change the channel on your TV, and avoid some dubious websites ?

Remember who started the trade war ?

Quarantine China ? = No more Iphones...... 

On 3/29/2020 at 10:51 AM, Gary said:

I predict that this thing is going to get worse before it gets better. People are wondering which will kill them first, cabin fever or the virus. If it lasts much longer people are going back to their normal lives, virus or not.

Or no money !

So many people in the world live hand to mouth ... this virus thing has to have people at their " wits end " ... thinking how they are gonna survive!

When times get desperate .. people do desperate things!

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, CalEden said:

EVA Air call it the 'Wuhan Pneumonia'. 

I know there's history there, but even so, on their website lol. 

20 hours ago, misteregg said:

Been living with the ex-Mrs for a while to be near the kids, but she finaly licked me out.
Oh well, back to the bar.

Why not come back to The U.K?

No disrespect but that isn't an existence in this current climate .

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

EVA Air call it the 'Wuhan Pneumonia'. 

I know there's history there, but even so, on their website lol. 

So did the large Notice outside our large Tesco/Lotus store in Mae Sot.