Wot u gonna do?

Bazle

20 hours ago, misteregg said:

Me and my brother were quite close in age so we had to share close as well. Although I’m pretty sure your anecdote is a joke. Hope you’re keeping well mate and all my love to the Mrs.

Yes mate ...........I was an only child.  😀

Sai says thanks and look after yourself.

We had our first confirmed coronavirus patient yesterday in Mae Sot.

He apparently arrived on a coach so they are trying to trace the other 30 or so passengers. Best of luck with that I imagine.

Sai insists on me wearing a mask in either of our two large shopping centers because as the token farlang I would stand out too much amongst the majority of Thai's who do. The fact that outside of these shopping centers only a minority of Thai's bother at all is ignorred.

You see a large number of Burmese people wandering around and riding two up on cycles with very large wheels. Being a border town that is not surprising but I am not sure whether they are still allowed to enter Thailand. None of them wear masks which seems to be pissing off the Thai's.

• Like 1

Yes mate ...........I was an only child.  [emoji3]
Sai says thanks and look after yourself.
We had our first confirmed coronavirus patient yesterday in Mae Sot.
He apparently arrived on a coach so they are trying to trace the other 30 or so passengers. Best of luck with that I imagine.
Sai insists on me wearing a mask in either of our two large shopping centers because as the token farlang I would stand out too much amongst the majority of Thai's who do. The fact that outside of these shopping centers only a minority of Thai's bother at all is ignorred.
You see a large number of Burmese people wandering around and riding two up on cycles with very large wheels. Being a border town that is not surprising but I am not sure whether they are still allowed to enter Thailand. None of them wear masks which seems to be pissing off the Thai's.

Dan, I can speak Thai and I am defiantly hearing more negative comments about Westerners as I walk around. Never heard it in 25 years.
They can’t blame the Chinese any more.
Glad you are both safe.
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

When the Thais start dying in their 1000's and we know they will the very last place you want to be is frankly still in Thailand as a farang..... Mr Egg subtlety making the point they're already getting agitated

The options of getting out though are now virtually curtailed. I'm amazed that so many seemed totally oblivious to what was clearly happening 3 weeks ago and knowing it was time to bail

• Like 4

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

Dan, I can speak Thai and I am defiantly hearing more negative comments about Westerners as I walk around. Never heard it in 25 years.
They can’t blame the Chinese any more.
Glad you are both safe.

I am just chatting with my best friend, married with a Korean, lives in Seoul at the moment.

South Korea is facing its 2nd wave. According to them mainly due to Koreans who return from Europe and US.

Guess who they blame for this second wave ? Plus non stop on TV showing how Europe and the US mishandle the situation.

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

When the Thais start dying in their 1000's and we know they will the very last place you want to be is frankly still in Thailand as a farang..... Mr Egg subtlety making the point they're already getting agitated
The options of getting out though are now virtually curtailed. I'm amazed that so many seemed totally oblivious to what was clearly happening 3 weeks ago and knowing it was time to bail

This was exactly the point I was trying to make. I can just feel the whole mood in Pattaya slowly changing.
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, fforest said:

The whole anti farang thing was/is almost exclusively a top down operation......Are there bad farangs? Sure plenty of them....But overall the western farang has brought a whole lot of wealth and mostly good things to the average non high so Thai.....Sure things can change but its going to take a lot to get the majority of average Thais on the anti farang bandwagon......

Not sure ... those things go south very fast when well orchestrated.

I have been doing a little every day in the garden, today I strimmed the grass edges that I cut yesterday and I have been walking 3 miles every day. My friends have been doing some shopping for me so managing to keep myself to myself.  I do like watching TV so cabin fever hasn't set in yet. 

The weather has been kind and the last few days have been sunny which definitely helps to keep the spirits up.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Like a lot of you, this is a tough one right now, not the "sit around the house type" in the least......just trying to get through it. My heart rate should be phenomenal, lot's of cardio and other power walks with wifey locally. The free weights at home have to do for now..dam I miss the gym. Bought a pull up bar and installed at the house. Usually do 10 at the gym, up to 15 here as had to give up some other training routines for the time being, so have a bit more energy to do a few more reps. 

I am starting to "oogle" some of the MILF'S in the neighborhood here as they walk their dogs down the street......I am "coy" about it though with such lines as "Oh, what type of dog is that"?  I may need Jambos help LOL!  Or how about " Well, how long have you lived in the neighborhood here"?   Some real classic one liners huh? :default_acute:

IMG_0271-2.jpg

IMG_0274-2.jpg

DSC00656-2.jpg

DSC00658-2.jpg

DSC00633-2.jpg

DSC00649-2.jpg

I’m waiting to watch the video where the pull-up bar loosens and you fall on your ass. 🤣
Keep at it mate. 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Like a lot of you, this is a tough one right now, not the "sit around the house type" in the least......just trying to get through it. My heart rate should be phenomenal, lot's of cardio and other power walks with wifey locally. The free weights at home have to do for now..dam I miss the gym. Bought a pull up bar and installed at the house. Usually do 10 at the gym, up to 15 here as had to give up some other training routines for the time being, so have a bit more energy to do a few more reps. 

I am starting to "oogle" some of the MILF'S in the neighborhood here as they walk their dogs down the street......I am "coy" about it though with such lines as "Oh, what type of dog is that"?  I may need Jambos help LOL!  Or how about " Well, how long have you lived in the neighborhood here"?   Some real classic one liners huh? :default_acute:

IMG_0271-2.jpg

IMG_0274-2.jpg

DSC00656-2.jpg

DSC00658-2.jpg

DSC00633-2.jpg

DSC00649-2.jpg

Your third photo reminds me of some of the golf courses I have played in Scotland/England where I have stood on the tee and wondered whether my drive is going to clear that sea of heather I see before me! 🤣

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Yessongs said:

IMG_0271-2.jpg

IMG_0274-2.jpg

DSC00656-2.jpg

DSC00658-2.jpg

DSC00633-2.jpg

DSC00649-2.jpg

I have a lovely looking wife like you do Mike but unfortunately she's in Sweden preparing Thai food for the Swedish masses. If I was with her I would be keeping fit by doing some bedroom gymnastics rather than trying to headbutt the upper door frame. 

Only joking of course. Stay safe. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Just got an e-mail that the car show I was going to in June here, has been postponed......I was hoping Debbie Sath would be there again. Half Cambodian/Half El Salvadorian......would you? 

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

If she asked me nicely, certainly wouldn't kick her out of bed....

unless I was going to f**k her on the floor 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Steve, seriously how do you do it buddy being so far away from your wife?  Bedroom gymnastics? LOL! We like the after breakfast "cardio" here :default_527:

Just got an e-mail that the car show I was going to in June here, has been postponed......I was hoping Debbie Sath would be there again. Half Cambodian/Half El Salvadorian......would you? 

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

Now that is what you call hot. ❤️

• Like 1

I've been home for 5 straight days since arriving back from Kenya. Another week of the self quarantine. I could do a lot of little cleaning projects around the house and yard but in truth, have spent probably more time this week on the board here than ever before. There are a tremendous number of guys here with a great sense of humor, especially the Brits and Aussies. Love some of the quips you guys come up with. A Hollywood screenwriter or aspiring novelist should be scanning this board for such conversational gems and one liners.

Have grown a bit weary of all the wall to wall corona stuff on the news. Have gotten several RFM from two continents, as a few women I know have been thrust out of work from their restaurants and shops and need money to buy food while the markets are open during daylight hours. I've helped out a bit but can't save the world.

Have spent time watching old Anthony Bourdain shows from his Travel Channel days, some music programs on AXS tv, as well as a few pay-per-view movies on DirectTV.

I should probably start walking for a while around my neighborhood for a bit of exercise, and attempt to learn a couple of beginning guitar lessons off YouTube, have had a guitar gathering dust in a bedroom closet for over 20 years. Had always meant to "get around to it", and never have.

Need to get out and do a bit of grocery shopping and maybe order for pick up some Chinese food, as I have a fantastic place a few minutes drive from the house. Excellent teriyaki chicken, top shelf!

Hope all of you and your families stay healthy and safe.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

Been spending the last few days in isolation in Pratumnak with the kids.

Only leave the condo to go and see how the bar is doing and make sure that the girls inside are fed and watered.

It’s all a bit strange isn’t it?

spent a lot of time building a terrible looking but functional studio at home.  and lucky as i can access every unit in the studio as long as we have internet.  today making covid spots to replace the ads that have had to cancel.  so now running still, but at a guaranteed big loss every day...even got given two shite wardrobes to use as a divsion to keep echos down.  but it still feels like being in a time warp :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, misteregg said:

Been spending the last few days in isolation in Pratumnak with the kids.

Only leave the condo to go and see how the bar is doing and make sure that the girls inside are fed and watered.

It’s all a bit strange isn’t it?

Boring more than anything.

• Like 1