Future holidays

Homor

I was intending to take three trips overseas the rest of this year. My USA trip in April is cancelled. My Thai trip in July won't go ahead. At this stage l still intend taking a trip in Oct/Nov to Thailand, Vietnam, and Myanmar, but I won't be in any hurry to book any flights.

I had my two daughters and a Grandaughter visiting me from the UK on the 26th June.

No way that is going to happen now and you can bet your life even if they are allowed to change the flights without an administration charge they will still have to pay a heavy surcharge because the new flights will have big increases on the original flight costs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I had my two daughters and a Grandaughter visiting me from the UK on the 26th June.

No way that is going to happen now and you can bet your life even if they are allowed to change the flights without an administration charge they will still have to pay a heavy surcharge because the new flights will have big increases on the original flight costs.

26th of June is while away yet pal so fingers crossed you get that family reunion.

• Thanks 1

I book my flights for the year in advance once I get my rotation. I had to cancel one a couple of weeks ago, got flights booked for June,October and December as well. Hopefully things are alright for my October trip. 

I think it will take Thailand a long time to recover from this . 

Most countries around the world a borrowing hundreds of billions to keep their countries going and their economies going so someone has to pay for all this 

Airlines companies are the same higher fares . 
thai baht is still very strong 

8 minutes ago, Homor said:

I think it will take Thailand a long time to recover from this . 

Most countries around the world a borrowing hundreds of billions to keep their countries going and their economies going so someone has to pay for all this 

Airlines companies are the same higher fares . 
thai baht is still very strong 

Teflon Thailand.

Deadly tsunami killed tens of thousands and they still came.

• Like 1

Had booked Turkey for 7th May, that'll not happen. Was with Jet2, heard they are offering a free £100 if you amend or accept a credit voucher for the value. 

I have Tenerife booked with them for February, normally i'd just take the voucher and free £100 off the Tenerife holiday, but not sure it they'll still be in business then. They're ATOL covered, so would get it back no matter, but crazy times, but should stand firm and demand my cash refund.

Doubt very much my Thailand June/July trip will go, or it'll have so many restrictions it'll be shite. But just waiting that out to nearer the time, get the refunds, hopefully. 

Hoping to book either Xmas or January, but it's a very fluid situation. 

• Like 2

It seems inevitable a significant number of the Pattaya girls will head back home to North East Thailand.  When there is NO money to be made from tourists, the less expensive cost of living back home will definitely "call" them home.

I am wondering if enough will return to allow Pattaya to "Bounce Back".  

On the same thread, will North East Thailand be able to absorb this many people returning.  And of course they are returning without hefty sums in their bank accounts.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, jersey said:

I am wondering if enough will return to allow Pattaya to "Bounce Back".

If they don't return, their younger sisters will make the trip for the first time, I don't see a downside.

Edited by Freee!!
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, roomark said:

Right now I could care less..

Wanna get through this with all my family intact .

Was going in July flight booked with Qatar the cheeky bastards are offering people (right now ) a flight voucher valid for one year instead of refunds tell me WTF is that all about.

I'm self employed and have been since I was 24 even when I spent a couple of years in Thailand I managed to go back home to work...now probably gone down the pan over night.

Pattaya I could care less it's about me now and all my family and close friends.

Stay safe everyone .

I was travelling next week , the options for partial refunds and moving dates have also disappeared for me , applied for a voucher last week haven't heard anything ... 

was meant to be going to the Monaco GP , luckily hadn't booked the flights yet ... but have booked up for the Brazilian one in Nov ( flights and hotels for first week )  hopefully that will still be happening 

But as you say , family and friends far more important than trips away 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I was travelling next week , the options for partial refunds and moving dates have also disappeared for me , applied for a voucher last week haven't heard anything ... 

was meant to be going to the Monaco GP , luckily hadn't booked the flights yet ... but have booked up for the Brazilian one in Nov ( flights and hotels for first week )  hopefully that will still be happening 

But as you say , family and friends far more important than trips away 

I can't believe a so called reputable airline like Qatar are getting away with it.

I haven't cancelled my flight, but there isn't a cat in hells chance all this is going to be finished by then no way I want to go .

I'll apply nearer the time and see where I am.

If a company isn't giving you a service promised surely you should get a refund!! I'll go down the credit card route also and see what happens from there.

Hope you get some joy £2.5k right now would soften the blow of a potential 3 / 4 month out of work.

Edited by roomark
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Like a lot of you had some things planned here.......Soccer is postponed, was really looking forward to that Apr 11th....wanted to see the new stadium here.

May 27th had tickets to see " Journey" concert as wifey really likes these guys....I think it is a ripoff that Ticketmaster is still selling these tickets to that show and others..knowing full well that Calif and the Governor here are saying that we could be on lock down for a few more months. They will say that new dates in 2021 will probably be announced. Great deal for Ticketmaster, they "bank" your money for another full year, Journey does not get paid and they make a ton on interest. Not right at all in my opinion. 

Had a week trip to Yosemite Nat'l park for the first week in June...the park now closed to all indefinitely. Love the Mountains. Cancelled the hotel. 

Part of not having to work anymore is the excitement of knowing that a big trip is on the horizon.......looks pretty bleak right now for the foreseeable future.

Did not realize how much I miss going out for dinner, the movies on occasion. 

But as we all know, health is #1 and everything else will eventually wash out. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Like a lot of you had some things planned here.......Soccer is postponed, was really looking forward to that Apr 11th....wanted to see the new stadium here.

May 27th had tickets to see " Journey" concert as wifey really likes these guys....I think it is a ripoff that Ticketmaster is still selling these tickets to that show and others..knowing full well that Calif and the Governor here are saying that we could be on lock down for a few more months. They will say that new dates in 2021 will probably be announced. Great deal for Ticketmaster, they "bank" your money for another full year, Journey does not get paid and they make a ton on interest. Not right at all in my opinion. 

Had a week trip to Yosemite Nat'l park for the first week in June...the park now closed to all indefinitely. Love the Mountains. Cancelled the hotel. 

Part of not having to work anymore is the excitement of knowing that a big trip is on the horizon.......looks pretty bleak right now for the foreseeable future.

Jeez I forgot about that mate I have two tickets for Liam Gallagher at Heaton Park in Manchester in June 🙈🙈 That's more money down the pan (ticketmaster also 🤣🤣🤣)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

With rates where they are , don't think they'll be making that much ..

• Like 2

The way to handle Ticketmaster and the like is to pay by credit card. Once something is cancelled, they have a chance of repaying or get it taken away by the credit card company, something which will make them wildly popular with the credit card companies (not).

32 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

The way to handle Ticketmaster and the like is to pay by credit card. Once something is cancelled, they have a chance of repaying or get it taken away by the credit card company, something which will make them wildly popular with the credit card companies (not).

I did for the flight and concert ..

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

I will certainly echo those comments.

• Like 1

I was going away for a few nights over Easter but as we are in lock down it has been cancelled. Agoda has placed the money in a gift voucher to be used by 20th May 2020. Can't see us being able to travel by then.

The wife's trip to Thailand is also cancelled and at least AirAsia have given us the money back as credits that need to be used within 12 months. Still waiting for Thai Air to refund the cancelled flights.

I'll need a trip away from the wife when this lockdown is finished. Even though we get on well I think spending all our spare time together will drive us both crazy.

Edited by thegrogmonster

It's the ago old question.... which came first? 

The customer or the bar girl?

If they come up with a vaccine to curb or kill this thing off then the tourists will start traveling again. Sooner or later this particular virus will be a thing of the past and life will get back to normal ( it might just be a new normal due to aftermath of Corona19 .... but normal just the same )

Then it's just a matter of time before the next virus, plague, famine, natural disaster, or World War 3 comes along to screw up my vacation 

• Thumbs Up 1