Future holidays

Homor

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

It’s all dependent on travel restrictions, which I think may be lifted once countries start reporting zero cases.

I think the world of travel is in for some big changes ... it is not going to be just buy a ticket and get on the plane and go ....

Possibly a world wide data base accessible to the airlines ... where you are gonna have to have some sort of mandatory travel medical test ( not only for the Wuhan Virus ) indicating you are either immune or are safe ( but, no potential disease of any kind ) .. the same type of authorized medical test to check into a top tier hotel ....

I would not be surprised if governments issue national medical status cards that have to be renewed every 6 months or each year ...... and these national medical status cards become more important than your passport ( so to speak ) ... anything for government to become more intrusive in every day lives ....

This is a perfect opportunity for drastic measures being implemented world wide ... and the powers that be will not waste this opportunity ....

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I’m not a fan of Lewis Hamilton but when he was asked why the Australian Grand Prix was going ahead his answer was  CASH WAS KING

i think the same goes for traveling when there is a vaccine for this all will be forgotten. Thailand is not going to give up 46 billion pounds they make every year of our tourist nor is any other country 

• Like 2

Yep, was thinking the same. 

Perhaps they countries where tourism was big for their economy might even have incentives for tourists to come back, like Thailand has a history of doing when tourism lags, like free visas etc. 

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Yep, was thinking the same. 

Perhaps they countries where tourism was big for their economy might even have incentives for tourists to come back, like Thailand has a history of doing when tourism lags, like free visas etc. 

They won't even extend stranded tourists visas for 30 days let alone give a free one.

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

They won't even extend stranded tourists visas for 30 days let alone give a free one.

Currently!

But we'll see when we get through this and back to a sense of 'normality'.

They have done it quite a few times, waved Visas for certain countries to encourage them to come so they're the same as most Europeans, stamp on arrival, quite recent as well before all this.

Not saying they definitely will, we'll have to wait and see. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Currently!

They have done it quite a few times, waved Visas for certain countries to encourage them to come so they're the same as most Europeans, stamp on arrival, quite recent as well before all this.

Let's hope so.

Considering the rising anti-western racism I wouldn't be surprised if it went the opposite way.

13 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Currently!

I can see some immigration officals making extra tea money out of that!

People traveling, thinking that a "stamp on arrival" will be issued, only for the greasy hands asking for a sum of xxx Baht that is required to overcome an "immigration issue". :default_coffee:

17 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I think the world of travel is in for some big changes ... it is not going to be just buy a ticket and get on the plane and go ....

Possibly a world wide data base accessible to the airlines ... where you are gonna have to have some sort of mandatory travel medical test ( not only for the Wuhan Virus ) indicating you are either immune or are safe ( but, no potential disease of any kind ) .. the same type of authorized medical test to check into a top tier hotel ....

I would not be surprised if governments issue national medical status cards that have to be renewed every 6 months or each year ...... and these national medical status cards become more important than your passport ( so to speak ) ... anything for government to become more intrusive in every day lives ....

This is a perfect opportunity for drastic measures being implemented world wide ... and the powers that be will not waste this opportunity ....

I hate reading this but think you right no more just pick up and go somewhere at the drop of a hat 

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I hate reading this but think you right no more just pick up and go somewhere at the drop of a hat 

For sure ... not sure about the national medical status card or a online data base .... but, there will be significant changes made ...

Especially travel arrivals into the USA .... and if the USA does something the world will certainly follow with variations .... not saying the USA is a know all or be all ... it will be because of racists politics .... the politicians will be crying " if you do that to our citizens .. we will do the same or something more draconian " 

Plus, I think the immediate future of the EU is dead .... globalism has taken a gigantic "reality check"

Then again .. it wouldn't be so bad to know if you are sitting on a plane for 15 hours the person next to you is not sick ....

Maybe all of this will change when a vaccination becomes available within the next 2 years ... but, then again diseases mutate ...  

I stand strongly behind my statement .... " This is a perfect opportunity for drastic measures being implemented world wide ... and the powers that be will not waste this opportunity " ....

Big changes coming down the road ... and not all of them will be good .... and no way am I a conspiracy theorists or fear monger type of guy .... the "writing on the wall" is in plain and big print staring all of us in the face

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Maybe all of this will change when a vaccination becomes available within the next 2 years ... but, then again diseases mutate ...  

In 2 years something new will have happened and will be the headlines....

Many people can't live without drama. Hence the succes of reality TV ...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

In 2 years something new will have happened and will be the headlines....

Many people can't live without drama. Hence the succes of reality TV ...

Never understood the popularity of reality TV. Don't people get enough reality in their day to day lives.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Never understood the popularity of reality TV. Don't people get enough reality in their day to day lives.

Well, I think many have such a boring live that they need to dream about another one, hence create a "personality" on social media, or dream in front of fake lives likes reality shows or soap operas on tv....

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

My future holiday plans will be in cooperation with Lady Rompho, once she gets here, so hard to say.  It would be understandable if she wanted to spend time back home with the family, but she has also indicated that she will want to stay here once she gets here.  Likely the compromise is that I'll just send her home without me once in a while for a few weeks.

I'd at least like to think that we'll spend time traveling around the US.  I want her to meet my family and friends, and see the US.  I think my holiday time would be best used creating long weekends so we can do quick getaway vacations, to maximize the number of different things we can see and do together.  Regular weekends can be spent here, a great area for outdoor activities 10 months out of the year.

Pattaya?  Dunno, some time I'm sure.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rompho Ray said:

Likely the compromise is that I'll just send her home without me once in a while for a few weeks.

A good compromise Bro ... just go with her "flow" when it comes time for her family ..... it will all work out ....

Pattaya isn't going anyplace .....

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

My future holiday plans will be in cooperation with Lady Rompho, once she gets here, so hard to say.  It would be understandable if she wanted to spend time back home with the family, but she has also indicated that she will want to stay here once she gets here.  Likely the compromise is that I'll just send her home without me once in a while for a few weeks.

I'd at least like to think that we'll spend time traveling around the US.  I want her to meet my family and friends, and see the US.  I think my holiday time would be best used creating long weekends so we can do quick getaway vacations, to maximize the number of different things we can see and do together.  Regular weekends can be spent here, a great area for outdoor activities 10 months out of the year.

Sounds great Ray!

When Sa first arrived in the UK, I said to her we could do two trips to Thailand a year, or one trip to Thailand, and one somewhere else, explore elsewhere in Europe, or Turkey or wherever.

She said she wanted to explore, one trip to go back see her family was great for her, the other to see and learn more of the world. 

Ans that's what we've done every year, suits us both.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not even thinking of future holidays, I will deal with that when this virus is all confined to the history books.

Presently at home on 10 days leave (taken before this virus started) and really enjoying spending time with my family. Also as not much to spend my money on I am saving quite a bit as still on full pay and employed.

A weeks beach holiday would be nice as a first holiday before heading to the Far East but as said that will all depend on when this country and the world opens up again.