Future holidays

Homor

10 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

26th of June is while away yet pal so fingers crossed you get that family reunion.

I hope he does too , but let's be serious in this current climate would you want your kids visiting you ?

From what I can see this isn't going away anytime soon I really wish it was , but I fear life won't be the same for a good while.

8 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Teflon Thailand.

Deadly tsunami killed tens of thousands and they still came.

The tsunami was instant and a freak of nature (I saw the before and after effects) it was fixed within six months and forgotten about within 12 months no one went bankrupt hardly...

The whole world stands on the brink of folding in one way or another now ...

A completely different monster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Freee!! said:

Airlines are usually pretty decent about it (since some tough legislation got passed).

Thai Air are offering refund or rebook anytime up to a year in advance, if more expensive, they'll wave the difference.

Best I've seen so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

3 minutes ago, roomark said:

I hope he does too , but let's be serious in this current climate would you want your kids visiting you ?

From what I can see this isn't going away anytime soon I really wish it was , but I fear life won't be the same for a good while.

Evidence from South Korea and Italy showing that the 'lockdown' works. South Korea starting to return to some sort of normality. We will have to see how it goes. 

The Emergency Services are at breaking point already and we haven't even hit the peak. I waited an hour on an emergency ambulance for a client with a suspected case of sepsis.

Just now, dcfc2007 said:

Evidence from South Korea and Italy showing that the 'lockdown' works. South Korea starting to return to some sort of normality. We will have to see how it goes. 

The Emergency Services are at breaking point already and we haven't even hit the peak. I waited an hour on an emergency ambulance for a client with a suspected case of sepsis.

And the longtime after effects to anyone's health after???

Nobody knows yet.

34 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

South Korea has never been on complete lockdown.

1 minute ago, Thai Spice said:

South Korea has never been on complete lockdown.

Not a complete lockdown but it did impose severe restrictions. Smart people the koreans they were able to get it under control quickly. Largely homogenous population will have helped.

12 minutes ago, roomark said:

But we don't know that yet...

There is NO history with this disease.

But it comes from a the same family of viruses as SARS etc. The longest impact of this will be the financial impact.

5 hours ago, roomark said:

Actually, they have a lot more chance currently of going down with covid-19 in the Lothians in Scotland than in Bangsaray but I take your point.

We have all agreed provisionally to postpone the visit until August but that could just be wishful thinking.

Who knows?

My Grandaughter is due to start University in the back end of the year as the first stage of her becoming a vet but her finals have been cancelled as has her interview appointment at Napier University so everything uncertain for her as well.

Edited by Jambo
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, roomark said:

Was going in July flight booked with Qatar the cheeky bastards are offering people (right now ) a flight voucher valid for one year instead of refunds tell me WTF is that all about.

Qatar may have changed their tune.  I couldn't find it on their website, but their rep reported elsewhere:

Qatar Airways has amended its ‘Travel with Confidence’ and flight disruption policies to give customers even more flexibility. Customers who choose to receive a travel voucher for future use will receive the full unutilized value of their ticket plus an additional 10% of the fare cost as an added value offer. Customers also have the option for a refund back to the form of payment they used when purchasing their tickets - the administration of this refund will take up to 30 days to process. Vouchers for future travel continue to be the most expedient way of helping customers while we manage the backlog.

We hugely appreciate the understanding and patience of our customers during a time of unprecedented call volumes and call centre closures due to government restrictions around the world

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just before all this kicked off I was about to book Thailand for August/September, but it looks like I might stay here right the way through until then.  I'm due to be at a wedding in Germany in June but don't know if that'll go ahead.  If it does I'll try and make it and hopefully catch the few days we call summer in the UK after it.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Actually, they have a lot more chance currently of going down with covid-19 in the Lothians in Scotland than in Bangsaray but I take your point.

We have all agreed provisionally to postpone the visit until August but that could just be wishful thinking.

Who knows?

My Grandaughter is due to start University in the back end of the year as the first stage of her becoming a vet but her finals have been cancelled as has her interview appointment at Napier University so everything uncertain for her as well.

I really hope you get to see your family mate and don't mean anything wrong , but stuck on a plane breathing the same air as God knows who with God knows what I wouldn't want my family doing that and I know from what you have written on here how much you love yours..

I'm paranoid enough at the moment and lost my temper at the q in the supermarket yesterday at a fella who came and stood right next to a women at the cash desk, selfish ignorant fucks , just the morning after Boris Johnson told us two metres apart if it's not your family (he wasn't)

This is going to make us all paranoid the way things are going , but there also loads of kindness coming out of it too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Just seen this elsewhere as well , going to call them later  👍

Tried several times at the UK call centre, if line not engaged , then put in a queue and line just goes dead .... sent them a message via twitter and via there "contact us " on the website... but also did that last week and didn't get a response... also contacted AMEX , they didn't offer much help either ...  keeping evidence of everything  I've done in case I have to dispute the charge ...very frustrating 

@roomark 

I'm paranoid enough at the moment and lost my temper at the q in the supermarket yesterday at a fella who came and stood right next to a women at the cash desk, selfish ignorant fucks  just the morning after Boris Johnson told us two metres apart if it's not your family (he wasn't)

Yeah, I feel you here, went to " Whole Foods" yesterday with wifey, I could not believe the amount of people, they were not "family" to each other you know, literally standing 1 foot from each other just chatting away like nothing is going on, no mask on or anything.

You know you just want to go over there and ask " WTF are you doing"?  Unbelievable the stupidity of people in America. Heard one guy telling another that "You know, I think this is being overblown a lot, as a lot of the Doctors are saying there is still a very low probability of most people catching this"  Jesus effing Christ! 

I know myself, I love my country here but......it just boggles the mind to see people acting so ignorant. Calif is 3rd in the USA with overall infections. 

• Like 6
  • Surprised 1

49 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

@roomark 

I'm paranoid enough at the moment and lost my temper at the q in the supermarket yesterday at a fella who came and stood right next to a women at the cash desk, selfish ignorant fucks  just the morning after Boris Johnson told us two metres apart if it's not your family (he wasn't)

Yeah, I feel you here, went to " Whole Foods" yesterday with wifey, I could not believe the amount of people, they were not "family" to each other you know, literally standing 1 foot from each other just chatting away like nothing is going on, no mask on or anything.

You know you just want to go over there and ask " WTF are you doing"?  Unbelievable the stupidity of people in America. Heard one guy telling another that "You know, I think this is being overblown a lot, as a lot of the Doctors are saying there is still a very low probability of most people catching this"  Jesus effing Christ! 

I know myself, I love my country here but......it just boggles the mind to see people acting so ignorant. Calif is 3rd in the USA with overall infections. 

And if this is happening in a California Whole foods,imagine what’s going on out in hillbilly land.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

When your president (trump ) tells people that he is going to open up the economy again after Easter they think there is no danger 

• Like 1