Future holidays

Homor

1 hour ago, Homor said:

When your president (trump ) tells people that he is going to open up the economy again after Easter they think there is no danger 

What else would and could you expect from people who elected him?

No holiday plans.

Have plenty of days off saved but no point in taking any in the foreseeable future. 

We were planning to go Italy in summer safe to say that's cancelled. 

Let's just ride this one out 1st and see what's next 2nd. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Esco said:

No holiday plans.

Have plenty of days off saved but no point in taking any in the foreseeable future. 

We were planning to go Italy in summer safe to say that's cancelled. 

Let's just ride this one out 1st and see what's next 2nd. 

Italy's tourism trade is f***d now for the next few years at the very least.

7 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Italy's tourism trade is f***d now for the next few years at the very least.

Let's see. 

The current state of this world it wouldn't surprise me if in 3 months time we have put this whole virus to bed and have gone back to global warming again. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Esco said:

Let's see. 

The current state of this world it wouldn't surprise me if in 3 months time we have put this whole virus to bed and have gone back to global warming again. 

Hope not fed up with attention seeking snowflakes ........ almost like a social media badge of honour now. Suspected case of course ......

NINTCHDBPICT000573002520-e1585068939233.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Esco said:

Let's see. 

Sure hope so.

6 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Hope not fed up with attention seeking snowflakes ........ almost like a social media badge of honour now. Suspected case of course ......

NINTCHDBPICT000573002520-e1585068939233.jpg

Harvey Weinstein, Prince Charles, and Greta Thunberg. All we need now is Corbyn, Abbott and the orange order to go.

• Haha 3

Our Cyprus trip next week is off😩. Had to cancel Venice on Boxing Day as I f***d my back up Christmas Day so I’m not very popular at home !!

thinking of changing our July trip to thailand to Christmas instead if I can get it switched with Thai Air. School finishes 11th December and returns 7th Jan so can get a decent trip in ( not really trying to think about December really...as that’s depressing). 

45 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Harvey Weinstein, Prince Charles, and Greta Thunberg. All we need now is Corbyn, Abbott and the orange order to go.

Paisley and the Orange Order to self isolate with their fecking great lambeg drums ...... be magic and Arlene to start coughing over her wood burning stove .... 

...hope Greta self isolates for about 18 months ...... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Smooth said:

On self quarantine now at the recommendation of my doctors office upon returning from Kenya with Emirates, and jumping through a few hoops to finally get back. The highway running past the San Francisco Airport was maybe 5% of normal traffic, very eerie to see, so I guess the "stay at home" mandate from the governor of California is being obeyed by the people for the most part.

I had a scheduled trip to the DomRep in May, that will be cancelled. A trip to Belize in late July is most likely going to be cancelled. I think I'm done with travel this year until I retire, which I'm looking at doing at the end of November.

I'm looking at a 4 week trip to Thailand, with short trips to other spots in the region, just after Christmas, as long as things are back to normal then, or as close to normal as possible. I have no doubt that the travel industry will need a lot of time to get all ramped up again, and more important, regain the customers trust in being able to deliver the service they are promising. And also the governments of the countries we all love to go, what sort of protocols they will institute, if any, that we will need to adhere too.

Just too much to worry about now, like family, as has been mentioned earlier.

My biggest concern is for my dad, he's 78 has a heart condition and respiratory problems, emphyzema being one of them. If this thing got a hold of him, it's curtains for sure.

It's up to all of us to make smart decisions in our personal lives to do our part in leveling off this virus. But make no mistake, the way of the world these days will be to politicize this thing at some point, and the cable news will only be too eager to go down that road.

It's funny though, how all these problems and concerns and protests about this or that, how we are killing the planet, etc....all that nonsense has gone by the wayside in lieu of the virus taking the lion's share of broadcast and cable news.

Lets love and care about our fellow man now folks. One day we will return to normal and get back to hating our fellow man and stabbing him in the back.

And it will be all right there as the lead story on Sean or Rachel or Morning Joe or Anderson or the BBC.

When that happens, we will all know were back to normal again.

Excellent post- thank you👍

This bit in particular :- "Lets love and care about our fellow man now folks. One day we will return to normal and get back to hating our fellow man and stabbing him in the back."

Good luck and hope your Dad will be OK through this.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

22 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Paisley and the Orange Order to self isolate with their fecking great lambeg drums ...... be magic and Arlene to start coughing over her wood burning stove .... 

...hope Greta self isolates for about 18 months ...... 

FB_IMG_1584657809178.jpg

• Haha 2

Green face masks so good Catholic history lads not your Proddy dog Paisley I want free flights and a wood burning stove  to Sri Lanka away and shite ...............

United Ireland surely ............ Gillet Square raw today btw Del boy ......... your clients don't get social distancing .............. black lads out of it on gear ......... 

loads of love mate ........... this too will pass.

Looks like Qatar have now cancelled the flights on 30th ... but I have had no correspondence from them ... I've just sent an email to ask for a full refund .. will see what happens 

Bangkok Airways sent an email today to advise that their domestic flight from UTP to Samui has been cancelled, so sent a request for a full refund there 

hopefully they will both come back , if not will contact the credit card companies and raise a dispute 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Looks like Qatar have now cancelled the flights on 30th ... but I have had no correspondence from them ... I've just sent an email to ask for a full refund .. will see what happens 

Bangkok Airways sent an email today to advise that their domestic flight from UTP to Samui has been cancelled, so sent a request for a full refund there 

hopefully they will both come back , if not will contact the credit card companies and raise a dispute 

I spent 6 hours today on two phone calls to Lloyds Bank and EE ...

Its virtually impossible to get through to anyone ...

Stick with it the whole world is in the same situation at the moment..

I still want my money back for my flight with Qatar , but being July I will have to wait.

I think it's the last time I will book anything in advance

August trip to Thailand for the wife and kid is out, place in Italy is out, would have liked to go to the Lake District to visit family, but that’s out now, as police are stopping people traveling (wife got stopped and questioned by the cops on her way to the shops yesterday) so it’s time to dig out the tent the wife bought last year and trample some grass on the lawn. ☹️

Ryan Air has grounded its entire fleet, so we can’t even fly to an airport miles from a city, for £5. 🤣

Edited by KhunDon

3 hours ago, KhunDon said:

August trip to Thailand for the wife and kid is out, place in Italy is out, would have liked to go to the Lake District to visit family, but that’s out now, as police are stopping people traveling (wife got stopped and questioned by the cops on her way to the shops yesterday) so it’s time to dig out the tent the wife bought last year and trample some grass on the lawn. ☹️

Ryan Air has grounded its entire fleet, so we can’t even fly to an airport miles from a city, for £5. 🤣

Easy Jet has done the same. 

• Like 1