Buriram

dcfc2007

If you have never been.... yes...I would recommend it.

If you are into motor bike racing... when all is back on track.... then the big race they have is a good event to attend.

When the football/soccer season is on.... a home game of Buriram United is a good way to experience the atmosphere of a Thai match if you have never attended. Even when the football is not being played.... you can visit the stadium and do a tour through the facilities free of charge.... the only place that you will not be allowed on is the ground.The venue is first class and easy to get to.

There are plenty of sites to see in the Buriram area.... if you are into gardens and like.... a few places around to indulge your interest..... temples if that is your thing.....shopping..... some nightlife but do not expect it to be on par with Patts...… a few farang places and more Thai places for entertainment.

Worth a visit IMO.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Have you ever visited? Would you recommend it?

I wouldn't recommend it for a single lad on holiday unless you're going with a local bird or to the MotoGP. For nightlife KK and Udon much better. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Been there 4 times. Even Thaifriendly isn't good there. Hotels and food are cheap. I enjoyed it but you must realize there are only a few places that falang hang out and they are daytime bars or restaurants mainly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Good football team and modern stadium. Mad fans you'd like it ..... :default_drinks:

I took my 9 year old Grandson back a full Buriram United replica football kit when I last visited the UK because I could not get the Pattaya kit he was expecting.

He absolutely loved it and wore it for his weekly football training.

But he is still a Gooner at heart but his Dad takes him to see the Jambo's from time to time. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

I took my 9 year old Grandson back a full Buriram United replica football kit when I last visited the UK because I could not get the Pattaya kit he was expecting.

He absolutely loved it and wore it for his weekly football training.

But he is still a Gooner at heart but his Dad takes him to see the Jambo's from time to time. 😀

Everyone thinks it's an Everton 3rd kit back here 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Thanks for the replies.

I think I might visit sometime. Would like to see them play in an Asian champions league game.

Let us know when and I'll probably join you. 

3 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Don't know if this is new or old news but just read on facebook that 100 prisoners have escaped from the Buriram prison.

Found this news report.

Virus fears spark Thailand prison riot

Dozens of prisoners broke furniture and smashed windows during a riot in a Thai jail on Sunday sparked by fears of a Covid-19 (coronavirus) outbreak in the facility.

During the violence some convicts escaped from the Buriram prison where 2,000 are held, the justice ministry said. Seven have been arrested.

Local media showed footage of black smoke billowing from the facility in the country's northeast.

"There was a group of prisoners trying to escape and were creating chaos... which included burning down some facilities inside," said Narat Sawetana, director general of the Corrections Department.

Mental health workers have been deployed to talk to prisoners "after some rumours were spread" about a Covid-19 outbreak in the prison, Major General Akkaradej Pimonsri said.

"The situation is under control," he added.

Thailand has recorded 1,388 cases of the coronavirus, including seven deaths.

At least two prisoners in the country have caught the highly contagious virus.

In a bid to prevent an outbreak in jails, authorities have banned visitors and are quarantining new inmates for 14 days.

Similar panic over the coronavirus sparked a prison riot in the Colombian capital of Bogota last Sunday that killed 23 inmates.

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Found this news report.

Virus fears spark Thailand prison riot

Dozens of prisoners broke furniture and smashed windows during a riot in a Thai jail on Sunday sparked by fears of a Covid-19 (coronavirus) outbreak in the facility.

During the violence some convicts escaped from the Buriram prison where 2,000 are held, the justice ministry said. Seven have been arrested.

Local media showed footage of black smoke billowing from the facility in the country's northeast.

"There was a group of prisoners trying to escape and were creating chaos... which included burning down some facilities inside," said Narat Sawetana, director general of the Corrections Department.

Mental health workers have been deployed to talk to prisoners "after some rumours were spread" about a Covid-19 outbreak in the prison, Major General Akkaradej Pimonsri said.

"The situation is under control," he added.

Thailand has recorded 1,388 cases of the coronavirus, including seven deaths.

At least two prisoners in the country have caught the highly contagious virus.

In a bid to prevent an outbreak in jails, authorities have banned visitors and are quarantining new inmates for 14 days.

Similar panic over the coronavirus sparked a prison riot in the Colombian capital of Bogota last Sunday that killed 23 inmates.

Mrs reckons this is all over the Thai news 24/7 ......... ya wouldn't want to be Banged Up in Buriram just now.

2 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Mrs reckons this is all over the Thai news 24/7 ......... ya wouldn't want to be Banged Up in Buriram just now.

My wife says she is more concerned with the rate of death when '1388' cases have been confirmed and only 7 deaths...............her words were a little on the blue side....

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

My wife says she is more concerned with the rate of death when '1388' cases have been confirmed and only 7 deaths...............her words were a little on the blue side....

Very few people in Thailand are being tested. They admitted this morning it's mostly those in Bangkok and the surrounding areas. To qualify for a free test you have to been paying social security and have two or more symptoms. Hardly anyone being tested in the provinces.

• Great Info 1

9 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Very few people in Thailand are being tested. They admitted this morning it's mostly those in Bangkok and the surrounding areas. To qualify for a free test you have to been paying social security and have two or more symptoms. Hardly anyone being tested in the provinces.

I am sure many are dying without being tested, especially the old people and they will be burned and frazzled in less than 3 -4 days mostly.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I am sure many are dying without being tested, especially the old people and they will be burned and frazzled in less than 3 -4 days mostly.

20k baht for a private hospital test for farang. 6k baht for Thais. Typical Thai greed.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

20k baht for a private hospital test for farang. 6k baht for Thais. Typical Thai greed.

What exactly is the point in paying 20K to get tested? It's usually quite obvious when you have it, and there's no vaccine or proven medication for it yet. 

1 minute ago, Esco said:

What exactly is the point in paying 20K to get tested? It's usually quite obvious when you have it, and there's no vaccine or proven medication for it yet. 

Thais are hypochondriacs.

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

It is not ideal.... but if there are only so many test kits.... then I can understand if medical authorities puts some restrictions on them... much the same as other countries until they got more test kits.