The UK NHS

Aqualung

Considering what we all are going through right now. Considering that more than 11, 000 retired ex NHS employees are willing to come out of retirement and help in this situation. Considering over 400,000 volunteers are willing to give up their time to help in this pandemic, isn't it about time we funded our brilliant NHS better. 

If today's situation isn't a wake up call I personally don't know what is. 

Bollocks to funding a high speed rail network costing billions just to save a few folks a hour or so. This money and more should be going to our health service. Who, now would baulk at paying a fiver or tenner extra per week through taxes or whatever to put our health service back to what it deserves? 

The NHS has been underfunded for years and we moan and groan. 

It should be our primary concern and those brilliant people that work within it, from hospital porters and kitchen staff to nurses, doctors, consultants and surgeons and scientists should be rewarded accordingly. Make the NHS a good place to work instead of applying pressure to it. 

We've all had to use their services at one time or another so why not fund it to the max? 

I can't think of a more deserved service but we can't expect it for free. 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

Wholeheartedly agree with all of the above as and I’d  be perfectly happy to contribute a bit more each month. I also think we need to prioritise matters of national importance with the NHS being elevated above things like HS2, foreign aid etc. In times of need it’s necessary to reallocate funding previously set aside for certain projects.

Edited by AJSP
  • Like 1

Reform first.

Too much wastage in the NHS. Migrants and new arrivals aren't contributing enough.

There should be fines for missed GP appointments, abuse of services etc.

No over the counter medication should be available on the NHS.

There is billions to be saved.

16 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

And most of that in management and needless and even counterproductive bureaucracy.

Inclusion and diversity managers on 50k a year. All the lawsuits and negligence claims are scandalous. People looking money for something that happen in the 1960's.

• Thumbs Up 3

In Scotland prescriptions are free. In 2018-19 it cost NHS Scotland £1.3 billion in free prescriptions. With paracetamol and aspirin being the two most common medications issued.

The introduction of free prescriptions was nothing more than a political move by the SNP in 2011. Free prescriptions should be stopped, unfortunately the SNP won't do it as they will fear losing votes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Murchie said:

In Scotland prescriptions are free. In 2018-19 it cost NHS Scotland £1.3 billion in free prescriptions. With paracetamol and aspirin being the two most common medications issued.

The introduction of free prescriptions was nothing more than a political move by the SNP in 2011. Free prescriptions should be stopped, unfortunately the SNP won't do it as they will fear losing votes.

It's the exact same here mate. 

A packet of paracetamol in the shop is about 80p.

Huge savings to be made in the NHS before investing any more money.

Check out the job ad below. Diversity and inclusion manager for 50k a year when we are in the middle of a pandemic.

Barking.

Screenshot_20200326-212722.jpg

On 3/27/2020 at 8:28 AM, dcfc2007 said:

It's the exact same here mate. 

A packet of paracetamol in the shop is about 80p.

Huge savings to be made in the NHS before investing any more money.

Check out the job ad below. Diversity and inclusion manager for 50k a year when we are in the middle of a pandemic.

Barking.

Screenshot_20200326-212722.jpg

fcking ridiculous ...and shut down that gender reversal unit for kids too

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Murchie said:

F'ing unbelievable.

costs millions ...this is where we have gone...if anything at all good from corona  then we should relearn what are priorities should be for tax payers

its akin to the fall of the roman empire...im all for decadence but pay for it on your own dime

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

fcking ridiculous ...and shut down that gender reversal unit for kids too

The Tavistock clinic. 

So many psychiatrists and doctors have resigned from it because of the practices at the clinic.

It's going to be a national scandal in years to come.

Big lawsuits from impotent and mutilated young people who were coerced into 'sex changes' by lefty parents and social workers.

Disgusting.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

The Tavistock clinic. 

So many psychiatrists and doctors have resigned from it because of the practices at the clinic.

It's going to be a national scandal in years to come.

Big lawsuits from impotent and mutilated young people who were coerced into 'sex changes' by lefty parents and social workers.

Disgusting.

identity politics driven shyte...ruined many kids lives...forever...i put them up there withe paedophiles...adults,playing with kids lives to suit a political agenda,fucking disgusting ...what gives them the fucking right,,,makes me so angry

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

identity politics driven shyte...ruined many kids lives...forever...i put them up there withe paedophiles...adults,playing with kids lives to suit a political agenda,fucking disgusting ...what gives them the fucking right,,,makes me so angry

Real sick bastards.

The BBC had a drama about a young kid about 10 years old becoming a transgender.

It was all sweet and lovely to them. These scum have infested every part of British society.

It's akin to the paedophile information exchange in the 70's.

Just another way for child abusers to get their kick.

• Thumbs Up 2