Where is your least favourite?

dcfc2007

I travelled around quite a bit these last 3 months and visited Bangkok, Hua hin, Cha am, Chiang Mai, Udon Thani and Sakhon nakon. I found all the places had their own charm and enjoyed staying in each one for different reasons. I can't say I have got a least favourite!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

I've enjoyed all the cities and towns I've visited except for Hat Yai. 

Not a city but part of it.... Khao San Road is horrible and won't be going there again. 

In nearly 40 years of visiting Bangkok I've never been to the Khao San Road and it's likely I never will.

37 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

For me it was Korat, found it a very uncharismatic city, reminded me of Stoke in the UK, a pretty boring place, didn't inspire me to return.

You're not the first person that said that.

Edited by dcfc2007

5 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

Departures area in Soyawannablowmi Airport.

Can't believe I got there first!  😃

I agree with those who say that there's something to like about virtually every place in Thailand.  I'll continue racking my brain.

Soyawannablowmi Airport.

First time I've heard that.... Classic. Top of the class! 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, coxyhog said:

In nearly 40 years of visiting Bangkok I've never been to the Khao San Road and it's likely I never will.

Unless your into backpackers, people trying to sell you bags of laughing gas, overpriced drinks and beers, music that will burst your eardrums and the sheer amount of folk that it's uncomfy to walk.... Your missing nothing coxy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Doi Suthep , went there one year March- could see fields being burnt off on the drive out from Chiang Mai.

The temple was great but the view from of Chiang Mai from the top was mass of pollution

Sign of madness replying to my own post but...🤔

From today's BKK post, obviously in March, today at Doi Suthep

"

A fire in Doi Suthep-Pui National Park in Chiang Mai sent air pollution in the northern province to record highs.

Although the blaze -- which broke out on Wednesday evening -- has been brought under control, the damage it left behind is extensive, Chiang Mai governor, Charoenrit Sanguansat, said on Thursday.

He added that the bushfire also sent PM2.5 levels in the area to "record levels" of around 1,000 microgrammes per cubic metre (µg/m³), 20 times above levels considered safe by the Pollution Control Department (PCD).

Mr Charoenrit said that almost 500 local officials and soldiers from the 3rd Army Region were called in to fight the blaze.

They spent more than 14 hours bringing the bushfire under control, he said.

In Bangkok, a government spokeswoman said the prime minister was gravely concerned by the fire."

Source: https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/easy/1887715/chiang-mai-fire-sends-pm2-5-level-to-record-high#cxrecs_s

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Sign of madness replying to my own post but...🤔

From today's BKK post, obviously in March, today at Doi Suthep

"

A fire in Doi Suthep-Pui National Park in Chiang Mai sent air pollution in the northern province to record highs.

Although the blaze -- which broke out on Wednesday evening -- has been brought under control, the damage it left behind is extensive, Chiang Mai governor, Charoenrit Sanguansat, said on Thursday.

He added that the bushfire also sent PM2.5 levels in the area to "record levels" of around 1,000 microgrammes per cubic metre (µg/m³), 20 times above levels considered safe by the Pollution Control Department (PCD).

Mr Charoenrit said that almost 500 local officials and soldiers from the 3rd Army Region were called in to fight the blaze.

They spent more than 14 hours bringing the bushfire under control, he said.

In Bangkok, a government spokeswoman said the prime minister was gravely concerned by the fire."

Source: https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/easy/1887715/chiang-mai-fire-sends-pm2-5-level-to-record-high#cxrecs_s

For my first couple of weeks back in Mae Sot there was a constant haze which virtually blocked out direct sunshine. It was totally caused by clearing the fields of the last crop by burning whatever was left.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 year later...