EVA fare refund

Bazle

Bit of a TF - I just had this from Easyjet

Up to 21 days for a refund ( if it is as suggested) isn’t too shabby. Feel for the admin staff

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting in touch.

John’s asked me to take a look at your booking on his behalf. First of all can I apologize for the struggle to get  through at the moment, due to the current situation there is a lockdown in every country we operate contact centers  in, we have a very small skeleton staff able to answer calls or emails, as it stands at the moment we cannot add to  the resource for obvious reasons. Your refund request will have been logged but will take a lot longer to be  processed due to the resource constraints.

We will ask our team now to make sure this has been logged and is in the queue to be processed. Once we have  completed our checks we will get back to you with the outcome – this will be within the next 21 days.

This is not the level of service we normally operate but our team and our centers are working every moment of  everyday to ensure we answer every complaint or request as quickly as possible.

Edited by AJSP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AJSP said:

Good point. I don’t think I’d be confident flying in June with 300 other folk. I’m thinking Christmas now for next trip

I hope so too Xmas , I  have a flight booked for July , but have no intent on going whatsoever even if flights are back on.

Just watching the news and they are saying we (U.K) have now had more deaths in one day than Italy at it's worst.

Who really knows where all this will end the longer it goes on I really don't know.

I can't even think of going to Thailand my family including elderly parents are far more important ..

I'd give LOS up for good if I knew 100% we would all get through this ok.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roomark said:

Would you really want to go especially with your daughter mate ..

I'd be far too paranoid .

Thailand will always be there (hopefully 🙈)

Aye, we've had the conversation. Lots of things to consider even if the flights were going. The plane and airports would certainly be major concerns.

I'm pretty certain it won't happen for one reason or another, looking more at January, but very fluid, no one can predict what it will be like in 2 weeks time, never mind a few months. 

58 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Aye, we've had the conversation. Lots of things to consider even if the flights were going. The plane and airports would certainly be major concerns.

I'm pretty certain it won't happen for one reason or another, looking more at January, but very fluid, no one can predict what it will be like in 2 weeks time, never mind a few months. 

I predict that in two weeks time it is going to be exactly the same as it is now, if not worse!  :default_fun:

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, AJSP said:

Bit of a TF - I just had this from Easyjet

Up to 21 days for a refund ( if it is as suggested) isn’t too shabby. Feel for the admin staff

How did you contact easyJet to request this?  I've noticed they don't have a refund option on line, so assume you spoke or emailed, or have I missed something?

23 minutes ago, Binlid said:

I have flights booked to Fuerteventura with Easyjet for 25th April which they have not yet notified me are cancelled.

EASYJET SAY

We are currently cancelling our flights on a seven-day rolling basis to manage the number of contacts going to our Customer Service Team. This ensures that we’re able to help and support our customers as best we can. As your flight hasn’t been cancelled yet, you can do the following:

Change your flight

You can switch onto any flight at any time with no change fees. You can also change your flight as many times as you’d like, to any route, for any date up to March ’21.

Hold onto your flight

Alternatively, hold on until your flight has been cancelled and more options will become available for you.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also with easyJet, keep an eye on prices if you think you'll reschedule.  If the proposed new date is cheaper than you paid, take the voucher and use it.  Any leftover value is kept available and can be used on another booking.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was looking at Skyscanner yesterday to see which airlines came up flying from London to Bangkok in September.

The only direct flights were BA. No sign of EVA or Thai.

Turkish, Swiss and Etihad were coming up for 1 stoppers

Couple of Emirates at 200 quid dearer than normal.

7 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I was looking at Skyscanner yesterday to see which airlines came up flying from London to Bangkok in September.

BA have been the cheapest for when I've been looking, though with a young child I prefer the overnight flights.

19 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I think eva still fly into london once a week with cargo though 

On 5/29/2020 at 1:20 AM, Nightcrawler said:

Both there now.  (One way prices shown).

image.png

Edited by KWA

Just something to think about. December last year the China Virus was just emerging in Wuhan, China, The flu season in the Northern Hemisphere starts with the cold weather. The airlines appear to be on a collision course with returning to normal and the next flu season.