EVA fare refund

Bazle

I had to cancel my flights with EVA because of the Covid-19 problem. EVA have an on-line system to enable such applications. I duly applied on 17 March, and the screen said the money would be refunded back to the original credit card within 7 working days. 

It has not happened. When I check on their website, it says my refund is "in process". I realise that they must be exceptionally busy, but I'm wondering if any other BMs have experience of getting an EVA refund in recent weeks?

I think it’s just because they are extremely busy mate,I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

I couldn’t imagine the amount of refunds they have to process at the moment.
i booked a ticket for my niece ,and am having a hell of a time getting through to BRitish Airways ,to cancel,as it was done through my BA points.

It should be right though.👍

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

I had to cancel my flights with EVA because of the Covid-19 problem. EVA have an on-line system to enable such applications. I duly applied on 17 March, and the screen said the money would be refunded back to the original credit card within 7 working days. 

It has not happened. When I check on their website, it says my refund is "in process". I realise that they must be exceptionally busy, but I'm wondering if any other BMs have experience of getting an EVA refund in recent weeks?

Hope you’ll be ok. As suggested it’s probably sheer volume of applications for changes/ refunds. I’ve more confident in EVA than airlines like EasyJet

26 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

I think it’s just because they are extremely busy mate,I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

I couldn’t imagine the amount of refunds they have to process at the moment.
i booked a ticket for my niece ,and am having a hell of a time getting through to BRitish Airways ,to cancel,as it was done through my BA points.

It should be right though.👍

+1,

It must be horrendous right now, patients is a virtue me thinks!

As I said on another thread , I've been unable to get through to Qatar at all , phone lines engaged or they just go dead when you are on hold ... must have tried a dozen times ... Also tried FB and Twitter... my flights were due to leave today .. Qatar cancelled them .. so I am after a full refund ... but nothing to assist on the website ..you can only apply for a voucher ..  

so rang up the credit card company today to raise a dispute , they say it might be two months + before it is resolved 

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

As I said on another thread , I've been unable to get through to Qatar at all , phone lines engaged or they just go dead when you are on hold ... must have tried a dozen times ... Also tried FB and Twitter... my flights were due to leave today .. Qatar cancelled them .. so I am after a full refund ... but nothing to assist on the website ..you can only apply for a voucher ..  

so rang up the credit card company today to raise a dispute , they say it might be two months + before it is resolved 

Although that’s a bugger, id take comfort in that knowing that 1. They’ve agreed a refund ( if they have) and 2. It’s on its way, albeit slowly. 

im looking at rather than a refund for our July trip to rebook for December but that said who knows if travel then will be possible or indeed advisable. f***d either way for now 

2 minutes ago, AJSP said:

Although that’s a bugger, id take comfort in that knowing that 1. They’ve agreed a refund ( if they have) and 2. It’s on its way, albeit slowly. 

im looking at rather than a refund for our July trip to rebook for December but that said who knows if travel then will be possible or indeed advisable. f***d either way for now 

Nothing agreed , but I can't see it not happening, they''ve cancelled not me ... 

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

+1,

It must be horrendous right now, patients is a virtue me thinks!

I’ve sat on hold for BA for 20 minutes,three times in the last week.

her flight ,if you can believe it,is still scheduled ,which is the amazing thing.

Thailand,through Hong Kong to Vancouver.

Thats the amazing part to me.

It changed three times in one day.

Airlines are f***d up at the moment.
Whenever I do talk to BA,it’s always a lovely Geordie lass,as we get re routed to the call centre in Newcastle.❤️❤️

1A489A97-92FD-4AE0-9E30-4C89F49FEC51.jpeg

I thought EVA were the National carrier, just checked and they're not 😱, private, though part of the Evergreen group who are massive.

Hopefully they'll survive, well, at least till I get my refund.

Too be honest, any airline going tits up in bad news, less competition, potentially higher prices. 

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

I thought EVA were the National carrier, just checked and they're not 😱, private, though part of the Evergreen group who are massive.

China Airlines is the Taiwanese flag carrier and national airline. EVA is the second Taiwanese airline, but also quite large and as you wrote part of the Evergreen Group.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Bazle said:

Yes! 🙂

The refund got credited to my credit card account on 3 April. No cancellation fee.

Well done EVA!

Excellent!

And so easy to do as well, just the simple online form, press send, wait your refund.

I still haven't totally give up in my June trip with EVA, due to fly 19th, but I wouldn't bet on it.

If not, then full refund easy enough, wait and while, but pencilled in January as the hotels I had booked for June are only offering rebook.

On 3/30/2020 at 6:37 PM, Stillearly said:

That's good to know about the credit card ..

Nice one

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Excellent!

And so easy to do as well, just the simple online form, press send, wait your refund.

I still haven't totally give up in my June trip with EVA, due to fly 19th, but I wouldn't bet on it.

If not, then full refund easy enough, wait and while, but pencilled in January as the hotels I had booked for June are only offering rebook.

Would you really want to go especially with your daughter mate ..

I'd be far too paranoid .

Thailand will always be there (hopefully 🙈)

2 hours ago, roomark said:

Would you really want to go especially with your daughter mate ..

I'd be far too paranoid .

Thailand will always be there (hopefully 🙈)

Good point. I don’t think I’d be confident flying in June with 300 other folk. I’m thinking Christmas now for next trip