The future of walking street

DeadAndAlive

I think it will continue as before.
The main bars on walking straight wall continue to be overpriced for ex-pats and Western tourists alike.
But the bars on soi 15 and soi diamond will continue to flourish.
With the introduction of the high-speed rail link in about six years time, many more tourists and high-so Bangkokians will be coming to Pattaya for the weekend and this will keep the visitor numbers high in this area.
It’s never going to compete with Buakhao or LK for prices, but still the best looking girls will work in the gogos there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, misteregg said:

The main bars on walking straight wall continue to be overpriced for ex-pats and Western tourists alike.
With the introduction of the high-speed rail link in about six years time, many more tourists and high-so Bangkokians will be coming to Pattaya for the weekend and this will keep the visitor numbers high in this area.
It’s never going to compete with Buakhao or LK for prices, but still the best looking girls will work in the gogos there.

Nail on the head.

Waking street is pattayas number 1 night time tourist attraction, it ain't going anywhere.

I suspect over the coming years it will  continue to change. There will be more more nightclubs, more bars catering to the Chinese and Indians, it will become more like magaluf than anything.

They will still be talking about knocking it down in 10 years time.

On 4/1/2020 at 2:26 AM, Jambo said:

I am not at all sure that is correct.

They may be promenading in numbers up and down but do those tour parties actually spend any real money?

Do they not mostly pre-pay and go mob handed to eat and not in Walking Street?

Back in 2001 in Hua Hin, there was a beach front restaurant called Itsara, two doors down from us, that had regular tour buses arrive two or three at a time!

Out would pile 150 Koreans or Chinese for lunch or dinner and 40 minutes later they'd be off again.

I suspected the tour operators had deals going with the restaurant and got a backhander from the owners.

Then one lunchtime, 2 bus loads piled into our place, despite us being almost full at the time. The tour guides (from a famous travel company) were after a backhander, (15% of the spend) but the wife was having none of it and told them "we didn't ask for them and we don't need them, so don't ever bring coaches to my place again".

• Like 3

3 hours ago, misteregg said:

A few will go to the wall. Some will survive. Some will have new owners with stars in their eyes of owning a place on Walking St and the result will be like in the past... turnovers will just keep on.

As for the high speed rail in 6 years...maybe... a big maybe.

As for the high-so Bangkokians keeping Soi 15 and the area alive...  really.... you will get a small number to have a look if you are lucky.

As saying that the best looking girls work Walking Street... debatable...very debatable point.... and has been so for a few years now.

But good luck to them... they are going to need it.

cheers 

5 hours ago, roobob said:

A few will go to the wall. Some will survive. Some will have new owners with stars in their eyes of owning a place on Walking St and the result will be like in the past... turnovers will just keep on.

As for the high speed rail in 6 years...maybe... a big maybe.

As for the high-so Bangkokians keeping Soi 15 and the area alive...  really.... you will get a small number to have a look if you are lucky.

As saying that the best looking girls work Walking Street... debatable...very debatable point.... and has been so for a few years now.

But good luck to them... they are going to need it.

cheers 

The best looking girls are working in walking street is very obvious, not debatable at all. Compared to LK-metro, soi 6 and all the beer bars WS wins hands down, but it is more expensive

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DeadAndAlive said:

The best looking girls are working in walking street is very obvious, not debatable at all. Compared to LK-metro, soi 6 and all the beer bars WS wins hands down, but it is more expensive

They shouldn't be any more expensive. Too many pathetic cucks blowing smoke up prostitutes asses has them prancing around thinking they are supermodels.

7 hours ago, bexwell said:

Like the real nice marina they built?

It certainly couldn’t hurt the marina if it was a lovely walking ,eatery,shopping experience.

Its time to conglomerate the gogos and discos in another area,so that industry can be sustainable.

People fear change.I have always embraced it,as I’m usually the one making it.

12 hours ago, DeadAndAlive said:

There are ladies to be found at the places you mention on a par at least with the Walking Street girls.... and it is obvious some are better.

As said… it is a debatable point.... a very debatable point.

Edited by roobob
  • Thumbs Up 1