A few memories of Kenya....

Mr. Smooth

2 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Nice report sir, TFP. 
Inquiring minds want to know......what kind of taxi money is required for these beauties ?

In the beginning, I would give them 2000 shillings, $20 USD at the 100/1 exchange rate. In the last few years, I would usually fold up 2500 shillings and slip it into their purse while they were in the shower. The rate on this last trip I was getting 101/102, on the dollar, so the currency has remained very steady against the dollar all these years.

And no bar fines to pay either, everyone is either a free lancer or a semi-pro wishing to supplement their salary from their regular job. Getting a phone or whatsapp number from a lady at her job, be it a salon, a restaurant, a hotel receptionist, a service girl at a pub....proved all quite easy to collect and make a plan for that night or whenever her day off might be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Security is very important. Whether security checking the trunks and undercarriage of arriving vehicles or hotels doing the same, security guards standing outside the local mall would wand each person prior to entering. On this last trip, they were taking everyone's temperature by aiming their device at your forehead and then squeezing a dollop of hand sanitizer so you could rub your hands.

In Old Town Mombasa, the narrow streets made for an interesting walk. The girl in the bikini came with me and wore a sexy red shirt and cut off jean shorts and was quite a contrast to all the muslim women walking around covered up in their traditional religious garb.

While standing in the middle of one of Old Town's streets, I snapped a pic of the oldest mosque in East Africa, going back to the 1570's. Turning around, I took a pic of a banner displaying a different sort of entity, not quite as old as the mosque, but no doubt has nearly just as many devotees.

107.JPG

076 (2).jpg

077.JPG

• Like 5

This one was the reason for me visiting Kenya for the first time. The plan was for her to stay with me for the entire time. She had warned me of the aggressive nature of Kenyan women, how in clubs even if you were with someone, they would still try to get your attention.

She lasted about 4 full days before deciding to return to Nairobi. At first, I didn't want her to leave but after getting my feet wet and exploring the area and seeing the wide range of beauties all over the place, it was probably best she left.

Since, I've spent time both wifed up and being a free agent. Variety is the spice of life and there's plenty of seasonings to taste on the Kenya Coast.

025.JPG

052.JPG

050.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

A few more from a previous trip. The first one ran a shop selling small items and fresh fruit, the middle was a Nairobi woman from social media and the last, pictured here at 18, and a hopeless flirt, had a thing for me at first sight. Never did enjoy her charms until a year ago when she was about 22 or 23, and when she left,  I could have kicked myself for not going in earlier. She was a fantastic performer, but also had a child by then and was eager to please in exchange for some shillings because, "baby needed a new pair of shoes".

Kenya 2014 068.JPG

Kenya 2014 049.JPG

Kenya 2014 069.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

And of course there is the food. Several very good restaurants in the area that cook up both western and Kenyan dishes. Due to Kenya being a mixture of several different regions that influence the food, African, Arab and Indian mostly, the seasonings and spices are numerous and a little pinch is often all you need to flavor up rice, nyoma choma, which is bbq'd meat, plenty of seafood choices and fresh vegetables and fruits.

Many expats living there don't bother with more than an efficiency kitchen, with only a 2 burner hot plate and microwave, as to go out and eat is very inexpensive. The most expensive meals I've had were at beachfront hotel restaurants or bar and grills, where a whole grilled fish, rice, veggies and a side salad might run no more than 800 kes, or $8 USD. And the smaller, more basic Kenyan spots might serve up a coconut rice dish with grilled prawns for as little as 600 kes, or $6 USD.

Just can't beat it for value and satisfaction.

Kenya 2014 060.JPG

Kenya 2014 070.JPG

Kenya 2014 079.JPG

Kenya 2014 109.JPG

021.JPG

20160908_211727(1).jpg

20160910_201010_001.jpg

20170909_142148_001.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Outstanding report buddy, well done. Hotel pricing and a "wife for the night" certainly seem favorable. Great exchange rate for sure. Hotel looks clean. 

Tusker beer? Any good?  

Ok so along the lines of Bazles question and video. Cut to the chase....do you feel relatively safe there as a " Caucasian" as a general rule?  How about the attitudes of the local guys there? They don't seem to mind "our types" taking their girls so to speak for a night? 

Glad you had a good time and made it back safely. 

• Like 2

Some random shots. You can set your watch when the goat herd comes down the street everyday at the same time to clear the weeds along the road. The camel is available to ride for a small fee should your inner Sir Lawrence of Arabia wish to emerge. The public beaches, sadly closed at the moment by the government due to the coronavirus, are very popular with the locals, especially the kids in the afternoon when school lets out or as here on a holiday weekend.

The tide takes the sea out at least the length of 5 or 6 football fields and even when standing 300 yards offshore, the water depth might not even reach your thigh. The bottom is a soft, silty texture rather than a coarse grainy sand and the water feels like a luke warm bath tub.

Needless to say, I have spent too many afternoons on the beach relaxing and enjoying the views to count.

20160907_120948_001(1).jpg

20160905_153148_001.jpg

20160905_151951_004.jpg

20160912_145610_004.jpg

20160915_222531.jpg

20160909_154745.jpg

20160909_154323_004.jpg

20160912_154119_002.jpg

• Like 5

An example pertaining to the video Bazle posted earlier and my response as to not needing to simply rely on meeting a girl from the street, I met this young lady at the Kahama Hotel reception desk when visiting the sports bar one evening while I was staying at another hotel. Got her number and on her day off spent the day, and part of the evening, together.

I find this approach immensely more satisfying in meeting someone rather than the street women. Gives you a chance to show off a bit of game, flirt and gauge their personality. And she is sizing you up as well.

Most times, it makes for a successful and mutually beneficial get together. A nice GFE for sure.

20160907_092520_001.jpg

20160916_183841.jpg

20160916_191400_001.jpg

20160916_183809.jpg

• Like 4

The beaches along the Kenyan coast are among the most pristine I've ever been to. Mostly I've spent time on the coast north of Mombasa, but to the south, or South Coast where Diani Beach is, where the last photo was taken in this group, is a real jewel. With less population and development, as well as being more spread out up and down the coast, the peaceful and serene surroundings with a lack of both people in general, and the beach touts specifically, are just hypnotic in their beauty.

20170905_133824_001.jpg

20170909_145522.jpg

20170911_151303_001.jpg

20180902_160317_001_resized.jpg

20180902_161638_001_resized.jpg

• Like 4

Reminds me of the the holidays I had in Mombasa and Malindi back in the late 70's and early 80's. Loved the place, the beauty of the beaches and the food and beer.  I was with a girlfriend at the time so didn't get much time to appreciate the lovelies that came into the resort most nights.

My favourite place was Malindi where I stayed at Seafarers in Watamu, it was like heaven and I miss the fact that now probably not the safest place to go but would love to go back. Took a trip up to Lamu and then on to Robinson Island where no one but myself and my girlfriend were sunbathing, just got the boat boy to come and get us after a few hours.

Wonderful country and especially enjoyed the drive back to Nairobi through the Tsavo National park despite being told the insurance wouldn't cover any problems.

Thanks for the report, it really made me think of those great memories I have of that great country. Might have to dig some photos out although members won't really be interested in my holiday snaps lol

• Like 1

Looks like a great place to go and something a couple of us were talking about only a few months ago.

Some super sexy looking lovelies there for sure.

Thanks for cheering up what otherwise is a fairly average day in isolation.

:default_good::default_good::default_good:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1