The strain on relationships

Jambo

I wonder to what degree this (almost) world wide confinement is placing a strain on relationships.

My wife Sai and I generally have an excellent relationship but she is female and therefore I am never going to win an argument so we don't  have any.

We just have the occasional vigorus "discussion" such as the one yesterday evening when Sai stopped talking to me for several hours and retired to the bedroom to watch Thai soaps whilst I sat in the living room watching TV series. 😀

Things got back to normal when Sai eventually came out of the bedroom and started doing some  weird kung fooey  exercises in front of me and then giving me a "playfull" kick to the head but smiling at the time. I do literally mean "kick to the head" but pulled to a playful tap!

"Do you want to play rummy?" 🙂

We all need our space from time to time. That is natural and healthy but we are all no doubt finding it not so easy to do since the introduction of all these restrictions.

I am motivated to post this topic because as I write I can hear the shouts coming again from the house at the end of our Soi. They were going at it hammer and tongue yesterday with all the adults in the house ( several of both genders) out in the garden and really very violent with one another. In my period here I have never heard them like this before but it was so bad that I was looking to see if any of the actual violence was physically being directed at either of the two females who were both making a lot of noise.

I wanted Sai to call the police but she thought it was "yaba" driven and that they will quieten down which they did.

Scary times we live in right now.

Edited by Jambo

I have the sea and the beach outside my back door .... I am out on the sea every morning ....

We are lucky or I am a stable genius deciding to live the way I do years and years ago ... 

I could not imagine living in a small flat in BKK or Patts .. being locked down ... cramped inside with a woman ... especially with a child ...

I could do it if I was by myself .. not a problem !

This must really suck for all of the kids ...

I think it was best you did not call the coppers ... I am sure that would eventually lead to problems for your family down the road .... Thais are "thick" in the head at times .. especially when angry

I remember on time I was sitting at this local shop with some Thai guys drinking beers ... and we all saw this Thai guy beating the holy shit out of his wife or girlfriend ... I was gonna try to calm this Thai guy down .. all of the Thai guys at the table that I was drinking beer with told me no .. don't do .... so, I didn't ....

The next day I saw this gal with both eyes black .. her lip busted up .. bruises on her arms and legs walking down the soi all luvvy duvvy with the Thai guy that beat her ass .... f***k me .. love is strange .... 

• Great Info 1

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

I wonder to what degree this (almost) world wide confinement is placing a strain on relationships.

Thats what Mancaves are for lol, i get lost for hours sat in me Mancave with wifey in some other part of the house doing whatever, everyone needs their own space Coronavirus or not. I have to say its been no problem for us....................YET lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I think it was best you did not call the coppers ... I am sure that would eventually lead to problems for your family down the road .... Thais are "thick" in the head at times .. especially when angry

I remember on time I was sitting at this local shop with some Thai guys drinking beers ... and we all saw this Thai guy beating the holy shit out of his wife or girlfriend ... I was gonna try to calm this Thai guy down .. all of the Thai guys at the table that I was drinking beer with told me no .. don't do .... so, I didn't ....

The next day I saw this gal with both eyes black .. her lip busted up .. bruises on her arms and legs walking down the soi all luvvy duvvy with the Thai guy that beat her ass .... f***k me .. love is strange .... 

Same thing happened to me a decade ago up in Chiang Mai. Was having an early beer with some other residents at the condo’s cafe, when a small Thai dude stopped a woman on her motorbike, shouting at top of his lungs in middle of the soi.. I saw him raise his hand, but I turned my head a few seconds, and then he walked away, and she was crying her eyes out. I told my mate “at least he didn’t actually hit her”, to which he replied” you must not have watched the whole thing, he just cracked her twice as hard as he could”. 

Back home there was no doubt some of us would have jumped in, but this is Thailand. It hurts to just watch a woman get smacked in public, but the far and has to mind his own business here. 

About Jambo’s issue with the neighbours yelling, that would be my biggest fear about signing a year lease on a house, anywhere in the country. Say you have a dozen homes or more in your soi, it only takes one full of drunks and partiers to, in essence, ruin your life. And you can’t “rat them out” without risking problems down the line. That sucks

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thats what Mancaves are for lol, i get lost for hours sat in me Mancave with wifey in some other part of the house doing whatever, everyone needs their own space Coronavirus or not. I have to say its been no problem for us....................YET lol

BINGO! Mancaves are a relationship savoir. Good idea for a new topic, Picture Of Your Mancave :default_geek: Here's mine...

P4040001.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

BINGO! Mancaves are a relationship savoir. Good idea for a new topic, Picture Of Your Mancave :default_geek: Here's mine...

P4040001.jpg

Good idea having a camera on top of the monitor saves you looking over your shoulder every 5 seconds

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

P4040001.jpg

Where are the guns ? 😁😁😁😁

Nice lay out. But not for me, I am retired and  I dont want anything that ressembles an office !

• Haha 3

My  missus is the most caring, supportive easy going person I know. 

Absolutely no issues here. 

Our 3 year old daughter is also a great 'comfort blanket' where we can go and play with her, grounds us, forget about everything except playing unicorns or whatever. So therapeutic!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

P4040001.jpg

LOL .... COOL .. LOL ...LOL .....

But, I finally got rid of all the clutter ( monitors ) on my desk ....

Installed VMware vSphere with a 60" TV .... 4 separate individual sessions fit very nicely ..... plus only 1 keyboard and mouse ... 

I like the speakers ( Micro Lab ) ....

This situation interrupted our quest for a visa, so we're still only together for a little while each day via video calls.  However, we lived together for 10 years while I was working from home, so I doubt we'd have any issues.

Edited by Rompho Ray