Thai airways

Bikerchris

On 5/4/2020 at 3:14 PM, thegrogmonster said:

In the end it was the travel agent lying saying that Thai Airways was charging a cancellation fee. Thai Airways had already sent an email stating I am due a full refund.

The government watchdog (ACCC) got involved and forced the travel agent to remove their cancellation fees. Got an email today from the travel agent saying we will get tthe full amount back. Good result in the end but a lot of dishonest companies out there.

The latest from our travel agent:

Dear Mrs Grogmonster,

We understand on Tuesday 19 May 2020 Thailand's cabinet has approved a plan to restructure Thai Airways' finances through the bankruptcy court.

Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha has advised the media “we have decided to petition for restructuring and not let Thai Airways go bankrupt. The airline will continue to operate.”

"Thai Airways will be protected by the courts .... and a professional will be appointed to oversee the restructuring" Prayuth said, adding the airline's workers will continue to have jobs.

Thai Airways said the plan will be implemented through the Central Bankruptcy Court and it would operate as usual as the restructuring took place.

"Thai Airways will not be dissolved or go into liquidation or be declared bankrupt" Thai Airways Acting President Chakkrit Parapuntakul said in a statement.

We are unsure as to the status of customer bookings, refunds or travel vouchers at this stage but if as indicated, Thai Airways is seeking to trade out of its bankruptcy restructure, we would expect these to be preserved, however there is no guarantee this will be the case. We will keep our customers informed of any further developments and Thai Airways policy updates.

Kind Regards,

Aunt Betty

Edited by thegrogmonster

1 hour ago, thegrogmonster said:

T

"Thai Airways will not be dissolved or go into liquidation or be declared bankrupt" Thai Airways Acting President Chakkrit Parapuntakul said in a statement.

We are unsure as to the status of customer bookings, refunds or travel vouchers at this stage but if as indicated, Thai Airways is seeking to trade out of its bankruptcy restructure, we would expect these to be preserved, however there is no guarantee this will be the case.

Thanks Groggy ....bit of a rollercoaster this. First the Good news ....... then the Maybe Breaking Bad news ................... 

I still have my voucher but I booked direct with Thai ........

• Thumbs Up 1