Thai airways

Bikerchris

3 hours ago, Bikerchris said:

What a pain to get hold of ,  any one had any luck in getting a refund ?

I got a 12 month offer of the same flights for one year at no extra cost in mid March. Did not ask for a refund but bought on credit card so .....

• Like 1

Surprised to read this.

I follow their Facebook page, where they had been giving loads of updates, and were getting nothing but plaudits from people for the way they were handling things, refunds, offering to rebook wave the difference if more etc. 

I got an email from Thai Airways stating we are due a full refund but need to have the booking agent we used apply for it. The booking agent are saying that Thai Airways are charging a cancellation and processing fee which accounts for 2/3 of the price of the ticket.

Someone is lying and I sent an email addressed to both stating the differing information they are giving but no response as of yet.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

I got an email from Thai Airways stating we are due a full refund but need to have the booking agent we used apply for it. The booking agent are saying that Thai Airways are charging a cancellation and processing fee which accounts for 2/3 of the price of the ticket.

Someone is lying and I sent an email addressed to both stating the differing information they are giving but no response as of yet.

Yep ....wouldn't hold your breath Groggy for a full refund. Not the Thai way .....

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

According to the booking agent Thai Airways need to give me a waiver code that the booking agent can then use to get a full refund.

Just got this email from Thai Airways so we will have to wait and see:

Please note booking is already going through refund process and monies will go back to Aunt Betty and then back to you.  It will take up to 16 weeks due back log.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Change/ refund fees were part of the conditions when I booked. I knew that.

AUD $150 was the charge when I requested a refund when they cancelled my booking/ flight etc

10 - 12 weeks before they refund. Normally 5- 6 weeks.

I don't like to lose $150 but I don't want Thai Airways to go broke because of the virus etc either.

No winners in this at all.

The Change/ refund fees were part of the conditions when I booked. I knew that.
AUD $150 was the charge when I requested a refund when they cancelled my booking/ flight etc
10 - 12 weeks before they refund. Normally 5- 6 weeks.
I don't like to lose $150 but I don't want Thai Airways to go broke because of the virus etc either.
No winners in this at all.

I understand what you say. But Thai air has its shareholders and banks to help it. I don't. I have put a claim in to my credit card company for the 150 pounds on the basis I did not receive the goods/services I paid for. Not sure what the outcome will be but I will post the result for others to see.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

On 4/9/2020 at 11:44 PM, nampla69 said:

I got a 12 month offer of the same flights for one year at no extra cost in mid March. Did not ask for a refund but bought on credit card so .....

Which is probably a decent enough deal because I reckon when flights resume they will be more expensive than before Covid-19.

Edited by Stickman
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Which is probably a decent enough deal because I reckon when flights resume they will be more expensive than before Covid-19.

Agree.

Our circumstances are a little bit different so I would like a refund from Thai Airways. The wife was shouting a few nephews a trip to Udon Thani on AirAsia for Songkran and this was also cancelled. AirAsia have credited us 20,000 baht to be used within 12 months.

The AirAsia credit will be used by the wife to fly from Brisbane to Bangkok in November. We wouldn't be able to use the Thai Airways credit within their timeframes so  a refund from them is our best option.

12 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Agree.

Our circumstances are a little bit different so I would like a refund from Thai Airways. The wife was shouting a few nephews a trip to Udon Thani on AirAsia for Songkran and this was also cancelled. AirAsia have credited us 20,000 baht to be used within 12 months.

The AirAsia credit will be used by the wife to fly from Brisbane to Bangkok in November. We wouldn't be able to use the Thai Airways credit within their timeframes so  a refund from them is our best option.

Got this from Air Asia today:

When Kamarudin and I started AirAsia nearly 20 years ago, we had a dream of allowing everyone the opportunity to fly. Sadly, that opportunity has now been taken away from us for now. 

It’s an uncertain time. Never could I have imagined it, no one could have predicted it and yet everyone has been touched by it. So I want to be open and transparent with you in this time of uncertainty.

There’s no denying that our industry has been hit hard, and we are no exception. This is possibly the biggest challenge we have ever had to face. We have no revenue coming in, 96% of our fleet is grounded and we still have significant ongoing financial commitments such as fuel suppliers and leasing agents. 

We are doing everything possible to reduce costs during this time so we can come back fighting as fast as possible and continue to be the world’s best low cost carrier, enabling everyone the ability to fly with our great value and service. 

We are one of the few airlines world over who has kept all of our staff on. AirAsia is a family and there are tens of thousands of Allstars who depend on the business for their livelihoods and the wellbeing of their own families. Kamarudin and I will not be taking a salary during this period and Allstars from across the business have accepted temporary pay reductions of anywhere between 15-75%, depending on seniority, to share the impact this is having on our business. I thank them for their sacrifice and in keeping the big picture in mind as we navigate this together.

In spite of all these challenges, I want to assure you that AirAsia is strong and remains firmly focused on the future and serving you, our guests. I also want to express my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to all of you for your loyalty to AirAsia and I hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and well throughout this trying time. I’m truly sorry that many of your travel plans have been affected. Like all airlines, AirAsia had no choice but to cancel a large number of flights due to government restrictions in an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19. 

I know many of you have expressed frustration with not receiving a refund for your flights but I encourage you to accept a credit as a good alternative. More than 80 percent of you have accepted our credit offer and we truly appreciate this. Please know that our policy is in line with many operators in the travel industry and reflects our focus on coming out the other side of this difficult period and flying with you again as soon as possible. We have ensured that we adhere to all regulations and requirements of respective governments and consumer authorities and believe this is the best solution. You are among the over 600 million guests who have flown AirAsia and can’t wait to fly with you again once this is over.

While we strongly encourage you to accept the credit which is instant and comes with a 365-day validity and allows you to change your flight date for an unlimited number of times, we do accept requests for refund on a case by case basis. However, due to the overwhelming number of requests that we have received, it may take a long process of between 12 to 16 weeks.

I also want to acknowledge the comments I’ve seen about our virtual Allstar AVA. Please know that we take your feedback seriously and my team is making improvements to the system daily. Currently, our team and AVA are handling 10 times the normal volume of queries, which is now at about half a million guests on a daily basis. 

We are working tirelessly, around the clock, to provide assistance to each and every one of you. We’ve mobilised additional support to our customer happiness team, including 1,800 Allstars from other functions, who have rolled up their sleeves and volunteered to help, so more live agents are available to assist you via our LiveChat, Facebook Messenger, Twitter & WeChat 24/7. 

We’ve never had a time like this before and we are doing our best. We are not always perfect but we strive to do all we can for our people and our customers at all times. This is unprecedented but it is also temporary and we will be back, stronger than before, repainting the skies red and making sure everyone can fly again.

Until then…

Stay home. Be safe. And look to the future.

#InThisTogether

Lots of love,
Tony

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

A question that someone may know the answer to:

We get travel insurance included for our trips from my credit card company as long as the flights are piad for on the card. If the flight is cancelled and then rebooked 12 months later using the airline credit would the travel insurance from the original purchase still be valid?

Probably need to follow this up with my credit card company but thinking someone on here may have had something similar.

Edited by thegrogmonster

On 4/12/2020 at 9:26 PM, thegrogmonster said:

A question that someone may know the answer to:

We get travel insurance included for our trips from my credit card company as long as the flights are piad for on the card. If the flight is cancelled and then rebooked 12 months later using the airline credit would the travel insurance from the original purchase still be valid?

Probably need to follow this up with my credit card company but thinking someone on here may have had something similar.

This was discussed on the BBC last night..... the government bodies behind the scenes AITA, ABTA etc are NOT giving a definitive answer.... therefore assume the worse

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 2:08 AM, thegrogmonster said:

In the end it was the travel agent lying saying that Thai Airways was charging a cancellation fee. Thai Airways had already sent an email stating I am due a full refund.

The government watchdog (ACCC) got involved and forced the travel agent to remove their cancellation fees. Got an email today from the travel agent saying we will get tthe full amount back. Good result in the end but a lot of dishonest companies out there.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
I understand what you say. But Thai air has its shareholders and banks to help it. I don't. I have put a claim in to my credit card company for the 150 pounds on the basis I did not receive the goods/services I paid for. Not sure what the outcome will be but I will post the result for others to see.

My credit card company has refunded me the 150 that was taken as an admin fee. The retailer has 45 days to dispute what Mastercard have done.

• Thumbs Up 1