Confinement and consumption

Bazle

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I opened a bottle of Jack Daniel's yesterday, it was given to me by a guy I trained at work back in January. 

One glass with coke and I put the lid back on the bottle and I doubt it will be open until next year at least, terrible stuff...should have given it away as a gift.

Haha...in the heavy days in HKG, I downed a half bottle of the stuff on a Sat or Sunday. At home, not counting a dozen glasses in Wanchai....

Since in Bali, I don't even have 1 bottle of alcohol at home. Same for beer (except very rare occasions). 

Part of my "new lifestyle". And also because considering the price of booze here, it would put a serious dent in my pension....

And the Miss, who was a serious consumer of Tequila and Jagerbomber has gone 100% teatotaller also.

In fact for both of us without much effort. 

Now, if I start hanging out in some live music bars, the bad habits are jumping on me immediately. So, that also has become extremely occasional.

A few glass of wine, or an apéritif at the restaurant, well thats normal.... I am French after all. I am not gonna eat a Boeuf Bourguignon with an orange juice....🙈🙈🙈😱😱😱

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Esco said:

Bloody good shout sir.

I may grab a few cans meself, although I did gain 6 pounds already since the lockdown started. :default_fun:

Can hook you up with some online Zumba classes, beginner ones of course ...

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I opened a bottle of Jack Daniel's yesterday, it was given to me by a guy I trained at work back in January. 

One glass with coke and I put the lid back on the bottle and I doubt it will be open until next year at least, terrible stuff...should have given it away as a gift.

It is shite Dave.

Not good for the old ticker ...... nice few glasses of red in moderation ...... or excess ..... :default_cheers: ...... 

20 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

It is shite Dave.

Not good for the old ticker ...... nice few glasses of red in moderation ...... or excess ..... :default_cheers: ...... 

Just been looking at it sitting on a ledge for a few months and thought I better get into it despite the fact I probably knew it wasn't for me.  I have a couple of friends who swear by it and had I been in Thailand the bottle would have been handed on long ago.

Now I am looking at it sitting on the same ledge with a bottle of Bloom London Gin (won in the work Christmas party) which also hasn't been opened although I have already promised that to my good friend Andy (ThinkingAllowed) when I next get to see him as he is incarcerated holed up in northern Norway.  Should have had a trip with him to Budapest a few weeks ago but that is on the back burner for now, he is possibly coming back to old blighty at some stage which would be brilliant.

By the way I have a nice bottle or red to go with my leg of lamb this afternoon. It is McGuigan's Black Shiraz which has become my favourite red for a long while, a nice Australian wine. Only about £7 in Morrisons.

Mcguigan Black.jpg

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

42 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Can hook you up with some online Zumba classes, beginner ones of course ...

Thanks for the offer but I'm not fussed about a few extra pounds. The grey hairs coming thick and fast is another matter though! 

Post of distinction .......... I've a leg of lamb ready too but my wine is French. Monsieur Thai Spice alors ...... Cote de Beaune ........ pinot noir formidable..... 

Rosemary, garlic, thyme keep it simple. 

Knew the young man in Norway is getting antsy he texted me about Liverpool .............. you been to Budapest ??? fabulous city went there last year ...... 

Bucharest this year .......... 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

It is shite Dave.

Indeed shit and no comparison to a proper whiskey like Glenfiddich, Glenmoran, etc. 

Mmm fancy a drink now. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Esco said:

Thanks for the offer but I'm not fussed about a few extra pounds. The grey hairs coming thick and fast is another matter though! 

Only need to worry when they are pubic hairs ...... Billy Connolly ....Scottish Glaswegian comedian .... :default_cheers:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Post of distinction .......... I've a leg of lamb ready too but my wine is French. Monsieur Thai Spice alors ...... Cote de Beaune ........ pinot noir formidable..... 

Knew the young man in Norway is getting antsy he texted me about Liverpool .............. you been to Budapest ??? fabulous city went there last year ...... 

I heard the young man didn't just go to Budapest for the 17th century architecture :

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Esco said:

I heard the young man didn't just go to Budapest for the 17th century architecture :

Vicious rumour ....... all true but ..... :default_fam21:....he does love a bit of goulash and paprika .... why else would he go to Hungary ????

Edited by nampla69

47 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Been to Budapest, love it almost as much as Prague.  It was on my free firm business class ticket so pissed off about putting that back on the burner.

2 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Been to Budapest, love it almost as much as Prague.  It was on my free firm business class ticket so pissed off about putting that back on the burner.

You been to Bucharest ........ better than both right now ..... aw mate .... loved it because all the locals talk great English  and love to talk a lot unlike you and me ......

• Great Info 1

1 minute ago, nampla69 said:

You been to Bucharest ........ better than both right now ..... aw mate .... loved it because all the locals talk great English  and love to talk a lot unlike you and me ......

Good heads up, work with quite a few Romanians and have been invited to eat at a few mamma's houses so it is likely to happen sooner than later.

9 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Good heads up, work with quite a few Romanians and have been invited to eat at a few mamma's houses so it is likely to happen sooner than later.

Dave ...you would love it with or without Mrs HD ............ reserved people but when you make the effort Lord they are so friendly and cannot do enough to make you welcome.

They know they have a bad reputation because of Gypsies and pickpockets but mostly much much safer than London ....... friendly smile and you know the score ........ adored it.

They want you to enjoy their company and are a proud people. ..... and the massage places ................. :default_229031_thewave: ...best in Europe.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Esco said:

Too hardcore for ya, I know, I know ...

Only worry about the grey hairs when it's round your chang noi!

6 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Budapest is a fantastic city. 

Bratislava on the other hand... Most boring city on earth.